Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

2 posters

GOP response to another school slaughter

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

GOP response to another school slaughter Empty GOP response to another school slaughter

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:46 pm

...still waiting to see what it'll be.  Will there be one?  Is there a response?  Is there a desire for change?  Is this ok?

Just a reminder that anything the GOP wants to do to try curtailing the slaughters will be easy to pass, since they have majorities.  Should be easy.  Do they want to address this?  Or do we need more prayers?
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

GOP response to another school slaughter Empty Re: GOP response to another school slaughter

Post by sharpy Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:17 pm

I was optimistic and now I am pissed at myself for falling for the bullshit once again. Nothing is going to happen. Unless it's a state change, but nothing federal. I read a depressing article that the democrats are still a bunch of fuck ups - no direction, no platform, not knowing what to stand for. I just don't get it. Gun Control - and fuck what the risks of pissing off the NRA is, expansion of Obamacare or national health insurance, and stabilization of entitlements with taxes going up on the top 1% with cuts to those below - keeping the corporate tax rate to still stimulus business.  Why can't they listen to those around them and jump on these bandwagons?  Is it b/c they too, are in the pockets of the NRA and the insurance companies?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

GOP response to another school slaughter Empty Re: GOP response to another school slaughter

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:39 pm

sharpy wrote:I was optimistic and now I am pissed at myself for falling for the bullshit once again. Nothing is going to happen. Unless it's a state change, but nothing federal. I read a depressing article that the democrats are still a bunch of fuck ups - no direction, no platform, not knowing what to stand for. I just don't get it. Gun Control - and fuck what the risks of pissing off the NRA is, expansion of Obamacare or national health insurance, and stabilization of entitlements with taxes going up on the top 1% with cuts to those below - keeping the corporate tax rate to still stimulus business.  Why can't they listen to those around them and jump on these bandwagons?  Is it b/c they too, are in the pockets of the NRA and the insurance companies?

Agree, Tim.  Seems simple enough.  they're so fucking worried about taking a position that MIGHT have some opposition by someone.  Set the god damn trend and help people understand by taking the lead.  Jeez.  The generally popular position is that folks WANT universal healthcare, but can't imagine how it'd be possible without a massive increase in taxes.  Dems need to lead on this and explain it.  Explain that we can handle a tax increase if we stop having to pay for this shit either out of our own pocket or by taking a lower salary so that our employer can pay it as a part of our benefits package.  

It's utterly amazing to me that the dipshit Dem party can't figure out how to message the fact that they hold the majority position on almost every single issue.  What a bunch of directionless fuckups.  All the more reason I wish they'd ditch Pelosi and put someone in that spot that can get a point across without making people cringe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:52 pm