Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

People want Schwarber?

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

People want Schwarber? Empty People want Schwarber?

Post by alohafri Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:14 am

No thanks. We already have a home run hitting left fielder who can't really play the field who will probably wind up on the DL a couple times a year because he will hurt himself trying to catch the ball.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

People want Schwarber? Empty Re: People want Schwarber?

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:26 am

There's a little part of me that is ok with the idea of Schwarber as our DH, but it's hard to imagine DH not being Eloy's eventual landing spot.  I suspect that the organization sees Eloy as such a great athlete that they think they might be able to turn him into a mildly useful LF'er.  I have to admit that while he was still a poor LF'er in 2020, my eyes told me he was much improved from the prior year, where he looked like a squirrel on rollerskates in LF.  If he can improve further from last year's performance, then he's at least getting into Kittle/Luzinski territory.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:32 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:There's a little part of me that is ok with the idea of Schwarber as our DH, but it's hard to imagine DH not being Eloy's eventual landing spot.  I suspect that the organization sees Eloy as such a great athlete that they think they might be able to turn him into a mildly useful LF'er.  I have to admit that while he was still a poor LF'er in 2020, my eyes told me he was much improved from the prior year, where he looked like a squirrel on rollerskates in LF.  If he can improve further from last year's performance, then he's at least getting into Kittle/Luzinski territory.

I'd be okay with Kittle/Luzinski. But right now, he's Kyle Schwarber, and that I'm not okay with. It's like the old joke, "what do Eloy Jiminez and Michael Jackson have in common? They both wear a glove on one hand for no apparent reason."
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:25 pm

i'm sure I'm old school but i really don't want another 0.188 hitter who swings for the fences. I got tired of Dunn very fast and in my mind, schwarber is a young Dunn...with a worse average.  Let him go play for someone else 
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:57 pm

sharpy wrote:i'm sure I'm old school but i really don't want another 0.188 hitter who swings for the fences. I got tired of Dunn very fast and in my mind, schwarber is a young Dunn...with a worse average.  Let him go play for someone else 
    No worries.
    We got Eaton!!
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:52 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    sharpy wrote:i'm sure I'm old school but i really don't want another 0.188 hitter who swings for the fences. I got tired of Dunn very fast and in my mind, schwarber is a young Dunn...with a worse average.  Let him go play for someone else 
    No worries.
    We got Eaton!!

I'll take Eaton over Schwarbie. Welcome back Frank!
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:12 pm

alohafri wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    No worries.
    We got Eaton!!

I'll take Eaton over Schwarbie. Welcome back Frank!

Just hope he's not only option. Good as relief type, etc. Not sure I want him as everyday right fielder (would if he didn't have to bat! Hey how about a "designated fielder"?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:39 am