Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

Cohen Hearing

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Cohen Hearing Empty Cohen Hearing

Post by blondy28 Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:00 am

So glad I don't start work until 2:00pm on Wednesdays.  Just bummed I don't have popcorn.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Cohen Hearing Empty Re: Cohen Hearing

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:03 am

I will be listening intently on my radio in my office.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:21 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I will be listening intently on my radio in my office.

Republican Jordan's opening comment and he brings up Hillary within a minute.  Their playbook is so predictable.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:35 am

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:I will be listening intently on my radio in my office.

Republican Jordan's opening comment and he brings up Hillary within a minute.  Their playbook is so predictable.

Lock her up!  They'll still be bitching about Hillary in 50 yrs.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:42 am

That sound you hear now is Trump's head exploding.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:14 am

I would like to understand who in the GOP thought giving Jim Jordan such a high visibility job on this committee was such a good idea.  Does the GOP think this makes them look like the party that ought to run this country?  Maybe I'm naive...I've been called worse here, and surely by Kark, but doesn't he make the GOP look completely fucked up?

I openly acknowledge that the above might be a lot of stupid naivete speaking.  Maybe I'm the idiot for not realizing that an raging asshole like Jordan is what energizes the GOP, but you'd think that beyond the cultish members of the party that would never look at another party, aren't the fringe members and centrist types watching this thing and asking "who in the fuck is this asshole?"

Last edited by SoxIlliniRob on Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:19 am

Not sure if you're watching, Rob, but it was super weird when the GOP congressman had a black woman stand behind him like some kind of prop.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:20 am

blondy28 wrote:Not sure if you're watching, Rob, but it was super weird when the GOP congressman had a black woman stand behind him like some kind of prop.

I'm only listening at my desk.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:52 am

When the GOP keeps quoting the SDNY's documents against Cohen, why doesn't Cohen just say "and the SDNY referred to Donald J. Trump as an "unindicted co-conspirator", so if you are upholding the SDNY as proof of something, then you must agree that Trump is a co-conspirator of illegal activities".
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:27 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I would like to understand who in the GOP thought giving Jim Jordan such a high visibility job on this committee was such a good idea.  Does the GOP think this makes them look like the party that ought to run this country?  Maybe I'm naive...I've been called worse here, and surely by Kark, but doesn't he make the GOP look completely fucked up?

I openly acknowledge that the above might be a lot of stupid naivete speaking.  Maybe I'm the idiot for not realizing that an raging asshole like Jordan is what energizes the GOP, but you'd think that beyond the cultish members of the party that would never look at another party, aren't the fringe members and centrist types watching this thing and asking "who in the fuck is this asshole?"

jim Jordan is Mr Tea Party - represents a district that is filled with a bunch of bumpkins and undeducated people who actually believe he is busting ass for THEM, which of course, is far from the truth. He's a POS, in my opinion, but I don't vote for or against him - his "people" are ignorant, mostly racist, homophobes, anti-immigrants, and of course, anti- big government - EXCEPT - when their hands are out b/c of tariffs or bad farmers market prices. The other asshole from Ohio is a guy named Steve Stivers - another fuckin' hypocrite 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:12 pm

sharpy wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:I would like to understand who in the GOP thought giving Jim Jordan such a high visibility job on this committee was such a good idea.  Does the GOP think this makes them look like the party that ought to run this country?  Maybe I'm naive...I've been called worse here, and surely by Kark, but doesn't he make the GOP look completely fucked up?

jim Jordan is Mr Tea Party - represents a district that is filled with a bunch of bumpkins and undeducated people who actually believe he is busting ass for THEM, which of course, is far from the truth. He's a POS, in my opinion, but I don't vote for or against him - his "people" are ignorant, mostly racist, homophobes, anti-immigrants, and of course, anti- big government - EXCEPT - when their hands are out b/c of tariffs or bad farmers market prices. The other asshole from Ohio is a guy named Steve Stivers - another fuckin' hypocrite 

I love that the GOP thinks this guy is doing a great job of representing them.  Says a lot about the direction of where that portion of the electorate is headed.  I don't see this as a tenable direction for them, but again, maybe I'm a big, dumb, naive doofus.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:25 pm

sharpy wrote:

As a Mr. Tea Party, one would think he would oppose Trump, who is spending money at the same rate as Obama did.

I think it was S.E. Cupp who said that Congress needs to remember that they aren't part of the Trump Administration. Their job is to get to the bottom of this, not protect the President.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:42 pm

alohafri wrote:
    sharpy wrote:

As a Mr. Tea Party, one would think he would oppose Trump, who is spending money at the same rate as Obama did.

I think it was S.E. Cupp who said that Congress needs to remember that they aren't part of the Trump Administration. Their job is to get to the bottom of this, not protect the President.

I think you know that the GOP politicians don't give a rat's flying ass about spending...it's a talking point.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:10 pm

maybe I'm a big, dumb, naive doofus.

***************************************************************************************

I concur.  Very Happy
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:50 pm

Personally I think Cohen came off very well. I took the time to read his opening statement this morning before his appearance because I wouldn't be able to see the thing on TV. In my opinion it was one of the most beautifully written, heartfelt and sincere statements of accountability, regret and hopeful redemption I've ever read. It's easy to pass it off as a line of bullshit from a guy who has, by his own admission, been a liar...Trump supporters will certainly go down that road...big surprise. We all know THEIR Jesus can do no wrong. But what I read was the statement of a human being with a family who got caught up in the persona and stench of the wealthy and mentally ill egomaniac he was employed by. He got seduced and it caught up to him. Now he's going to jail. I think that here's a man who regrets the day he ever crossed paths with Donald Trump and while his racist criminal of a boss flies around in Air Force One (hey...he finally made it to Viet Nam) Cohen is going to soon hear a cell door slam behind him. I've worked in a jail...when the lights go out you hear very little shouting, bravura and chest thumping...mostly you hear a dead quiet with the occasional sound of soft weeping. 

Does he deserve to be punished? Yes...indeed. Does he deserve to be forgiven? Yeah...I think so.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:21 pm

alohafri wrote:

He's actually dramatically increasing the deficit and spending from Obama's levels.  It'd be nice to see him go back to the Obama levels and try improving on where he left things.
    Obama barely increased spending versus inflation at all in his 8 yrs.  Trump is increasing spending in desperate efforts to get the economy hot.  Sorry if it's annoying of me to harp on this shit but it's such a misnomer that Obama was this big spender.  I suspect you can nary find a single president who increased spending at such a paltry rate.  He inherited a big spending budget that he basically held level.  Clinton was somewhat similar.  Carter, similar.  Both Bushes, Reagan and Trump...blew the roof off with giant increases in spending during their tenures.  W almost doubled federal spending in his 8 yrs, and that's even when taking inflation into account.  Republicans spend.  Dems hold the line.  The evidence is there and it's clear.  It's also easy to look up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:56 am