Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

Baseball Maybe?

telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Baseball Maybe? Empty Baseball Maybe?

Post by telefrank Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:08 am

Signed on today expecting to see something about the season opener here. Not a thing.

Are we already bored? Have you all forgotten that the basic reason for this is to discuss baseball ? Just wondering.

I was not able to see the game. First word I'd heard about it was that Shields had given up four runs. Shrugged and thought " Nothing new there." By the time I was able to get the game on the radio ( I didn't have WGN-AM programmed on my radio. So I had to go thru all the nonsense of tuning the radio. Remember when all it took was turning the dial finding the station and than pulling out the button.) they were ahead for good and having batting practice on the Royals. 

So they can hit home runs. I hope they can catch the ball, throw the ball and pitch the ball. I have no expectations about the pitching, actually no expectations about the whole team except I'd like to see them stay in games. Not give away games from mistakes. 

I've been listening to the Sox podcast with Chuck Garfien from NBC Sports Chicago for the last few months. Chuck and the people he's had on including players sure are drinking the kool-aid about the Sox's future. It all sounds great. Experts think the Sox are doing the right thing. Players are also in on the future greatness. I'm optimistic. Being in my 60's I've seen quite a few Sox rebuilds, although this is the first time I can recall them actually saying rebuild. The word retooling seems to stick in my mind. It does seem they are doing it the right way, but that being written this is the Chicago White Sox and this is not a franchise that historically strikes fear into any other team. 

I guess what I'm writing is that I have the wait and see attitude upfront on this team. We'll see in a few months.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Baseball Maybe? Empty Re: Baseball Maybe?

Post by alohafri Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:49 am

I was going to go up to BWW to watch the game, but fell asleep reading until 3:00 so I didn't go. I watched at home through the first inning with the score being 4-0. Decided it was a good time to run some errands. I listened to the Kansas City feed in my car. By the time Peg's train pulled up, the Sox were up. We watched the end of the game at the Kerry Piper.

It was a great game to watch, but typical of the national sports media, Davidson's feat was pretty much ignored because Ian Happ and Kyle Schwarber hit home runs for the Cute and Cuddlies.

Giolito goes today. Hopefully they get the game in and Lucas picks up where he left off last year.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:18 pm

Doing well so far. No illusions about this team even with a nice start but I think they're going to be fun to watch which sure as fuck is an improvement over the past several years.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:32 am

I actually thought game 2 was more impressive a win. Better pitching, no errors and not relying on home runs to win the game. I don’t think this team will win anything, but I do think they will be fun to watch. Anderson is beginning to grow on me, not completely and I won’t object if they went and signed Machedo for the next Ten years, but he’s looking more and more like Alexi who I thought was under appreciated. Hopefully he’ll bulk up a little more.  
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:28 pm

Agree, guys.  I actually look forward to catching the game now, just to see how some of these borderline guys like Yolmer, Engel, Ribeye and Davidson are doing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:01 am