Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

1940's and Today

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

1940's and Today Empty 1940's and Today

Post by alohafri Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:40 am

1940's: We need to sacrifice in order to fight the enemies of freedom.

Today: "Fuck it. I'm not wearing a mask, and who are you to tell me that I can't get together with family for Thanksgiving?" "Actually, we're just suggesting it so we can get this virus under control." "Virus my ass. This is a trick by the libs and the mainstream media to control us." 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

1940's and Today Empty Re: 1940's and Today

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:45 am

alohafri wrote:1940's: We need to sacrifice in order to fight the enemies of freedom.

Today: "Fuck it. I'm not wearing a mask, and who are you to tell me that I can't get together with family for Thanksgiving?" "Actually, we're just suggesting it so we can get this virus under control." "Virus my ass. This is a trick by the libs and the mainstream media to control us." 

We are so off the rails as a country, Kevin.  Personally, I blame much of it on the pervasiveness of hate TV and hate radio.  These outlets push garbage theories and rile up and anger gullible folks.  Look at how many old folks have become slavishly allegiant to Fox News.  It's insanity.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:26 am

alohafri wrote:1940's: We need to sacrifice in order to fight the enemies of freedom.

This is literally my response when people talk about wearing masks...that during the war, there were rations, and nobody complained (or maybe they did, but who would hear them?).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:57 pm