Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Today's Game

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Today's Game Empty Today's Game

Post by alohafri Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:25 am

The A's are throwing a lefty. The Sox are 14-0 against lefty starters this season. However, he's a rookie, and we know the Sox' history against rookie pitchers they've never seen before. I'm predicting the Sox get three hits today.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Today's Game Empty Re: Today's Game

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:00 pm

They seem to just figure lefties out and begin smacking them around in pretty short order.  Glad to hear it.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:51 pm

Nice first game.  Little tension, if any.  Giolito pitched very well.  Abreu is still MVP.  Need Eloy back.  Good to see LuBob getting some hits again.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:10 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Nice first game.  Little tension, if any.  Giolito pitched very well.  Abreu is still MVP.  Need Eloy back.  Good to see LuBob getting some hits again.

I listened to some. I would have watched more if the dopey clerk at the health club didn't see a squirrel and had turned the game on for me as I asked.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:41 pm

I would have watched more if the dopey clerk at the health club didn't see a squirrel and had turned the game on for me as I asked.

Huh?  Come again?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:01 am

sharpy wrote:I would have watched more if the dopey clerk at the health club didn't see a squirrel and had turned the game on for me as I asked.

Huh?  Come again?

We went to the health club. I asked the girl at the counter to turn on ESPN on one of the televisions. She asked what channel. I told her, "I don't know, I don't have Comcast." Some worker came up to her. She said "let me take care of this and I'll turn the tv for you." I'm still waiting for her to turn the channel.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:56 am

It's time to let Ricky go. He is not the guy to bring us to the next level. Ozzie and Frank were basically interviewing for the job on the post-game show last night. They ripped (and rightfully so) every decision Ricky made. They were diplomatic about it, not mentioning him by name, but criticizing the decisions.

At this point, I'd like to either see Ozzie back, or someone like Sandy Alomar, Jr. God knows he was with us enough times, so what's one more?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:08 pm

alohafri wrote:It's time to let Ricky go. He is not the guy to bring us to the next level. Ozzie and Frank were basically interviewing for the job on the post-game show last night. They ripped (and rightfully so) every decision Ricky made. They were diplomatic about it, not mentioning him by name, but criticizing the decisions.

At this point, I'd like to either see Ozzie back, or someone like Sandy Alomar, Jr. God knows he was with us enough times, so what's one more?

I didn't really understand pulling Dunning in the first inning before knowing if he had decent stuff or not.  I mean, two singles?  Jeez.  
    Walking the bases loaded to let a rookie come in was a little nutty.  Those were the only two decisions that really jumped out at me.  

Everything else Ricky did can be debated either way.  I think I'd like to see our pitchers throw strikes, or for Abreu not to chase crap out of the zone in crucial situations.  Lost his plate discipline when things mattered.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:06 am