Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
SoxIlliniRob
telefrank
6 posters

Friday's game

telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Friday's game Empty Friday's game

Post by telefrank Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:27 pm

What a weird game last night. Had a little of everything. Disgust, envy, stupidity, happiness, disappointment and in the end joy. Anderson is so great to watch. On the field and especially with a bat in his hands. He's a man on a mission. He's also the oldest piece of the rebuild at the major league level. 

Christ they need starting pitching. Rodon who's about the only steady starter looked like Shields last night. Glad to see they cut Santana quickly. That's kinda new for the Sox usually they keep people like him around too long. Good sign. 

Have tickets for Sunday. Looks like it may be Bears weather. Since I didn't pay for the seats if it's shitty out I probably won't be there. We'll see.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Friday's game Empty Re: Friday's game

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:45 pm

I just got done watching the highlights of that game.  Holy shit.  What a debacle.  Interesting play at first base with Abreu losing a HR due to passing the runner.  I wouldn't call that stupidity or anyone's fault in particular, but if you have to assign blame, I'm assigning it to Abreu.  Anderson actually had a plan on that play.  Abreu has to be more careful there.  I mean he had to run AROUND Anderson on the bases.  

WTF is with Anderson's hitting?  Seriously.  What has gotten into him?  And it's great to see Moncada just going out and getting his hit or two every damn day.  

Wouldn't worry too much about one bad Rodon start.  One thing I remember about Jack McDowell even at his best was that he'd get hammered about every 10th start or so, where they'd kick his ass so bad you'd forget he was good before that.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:02 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote: One thing I remember about Jack McDowell even at his best was that he'd get hammered about every 10th start or so, where they'd kick his ass so bad you'd forget he was good before that.
    Especially against the Blue Jays.  Those playoffs still irk me.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:27 am

telefrank wrote:What a weird game last night. Had a little of everything. Disgust, envy, stupidity, happiness, disappointment and in the end joy. Anderson is so great to watch. On the field and especially with a bat in his hands. He's a man on a mission. He's also the oldest piece of the rebuild at the major league level. 

Christ they need starting pitching. Rodon who's about the only steady starter looked like Shields last night. Glad to see they cut Santana quickly. That's kinda new for the Sox usually they keep people like him around too long. Good sign. 

Have tickets for Sunday. Looks like it may be Bears weather. Since I didn't pay for the seats if it's shitty out I probably won't be there. We'll see.

I turned it off at one point to watch the end of some movie. Glad I turned it back on.
    s0ch0a
    Not a Fanboy

Post by s0ch0a Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:32 pm

My dad would turn off Sox games if they were losing after 7. He would always be shocked when I would tell him the next day that they had won.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed May 01, 2019 6:52 pm

s0ch0a wrote:My dad would turn off Sox games if they were losing after 7. He would always be shocked when I would tell him the next day that they had won.

The kind of baseball memories that mean nothing except the world to the person who lived them. When I was a little kid we lived with my grandparents, and my grandfather who turned me into a sox fan would come watch the game with me after it started and ask me what was gong on.  I'd rattle off verbatim what the last 9 batters had done and fill him in and my mother would look at me like I was some kind of alien - not infrequently saying "I don't know how you can do that?" ..lol  

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 am