Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

• Reply to topic

for the love ot the game

sharpy
Not a Fanboy

for the love ot the game

Post by sharpy on Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:32 pm

... will someone PLEASE tell Steve Stone to please shut the fuck up!. He is supposed to be an analyst, color man..not talk continuously thur the entire game with endless babble and jokes that NOBODY can possibly find funny.....
cream919
Not a Fanboy

Re: for the love ot the game

Post by cream919 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:18 pm

He and the kid try to be a comedy routine on the air. It gets a little aggravating. On the other hand if I had to announce White Sox games I'd probably spend most of my time tossing pencils up towards the ceiling to see how many would stick.
alohafri
Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:12 am

I like them. It sure beats hearing the Yaz circle jerk.
cream919
Not a Fanboy

Post by cream919 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:24 pm

I like them fine but I get Sharpy's complaint.
sharpy
Not a Fanboy

Post by sharpy on Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:21 pm

Before it was hawk with his endless babble and stone with little to say, even when he was supposed to say something as an analyst. Now hawk is gone and Stone has become the new Hawk = babbling on about minutia and the play by play guy trying to get a word or 2 edgewise - just even it out ..just do the analysis and some insight ...not this going on and on and on
blondy28
Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:41 pm

Perhaps I should start a new thread, but what the hell...kinda related to announcing.  Only 10+ days into the season, and I'm really tired of the "mound visit" tally announcements.  And yes, I realize that the term "mound visit" lends itself to a Nina Hartley's Box comment.
cream919
Not a Fanboy

Post by cream919 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:54 pm

And yes, I realize that the term "mound visit" lends itself to a Nina Hartley's Box comment.

****************************************************************************************

Heh heh heh...you dirty little girl you.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
alohafri
Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:38 am

blondy28 wrote:Perhaps I should start a new thread, but what the hell...kinda related to announcing.  Only 10+ days into the season, and I'm really tired of the "mound visit" tally announcements.  And yes, I realize that the term "mound visit" lends itself to a Nina Hartley's Box comment.

I have a better idea than a mound visit limit. Barring injury, every pitcher must face at least three batters. And, barring injury, you get two warm up pitches on the mound. If you're not warmed up from throwing in the bullpen, you suck.
telefrank
Not a Fanboy

Post by telefrank on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:04 pm

Complaining about the announcers ALREADY! This is a new world's record. Aloha notify Guinness! And I don't mean the beer, or stout or whatever to is. 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:16 pm