Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

Quintana---I'm going to start a rumor

sox55
    sox55
    Not a Fanboy

Quintana---I'm going to start a rumor Empty Quintana---I'm going to start a rumor

Post by sox55 Sun May 21, 2017 10:51 am

Just checked the pitching match ups for the DBacks series on the DBacks website and knowing Quintana next scheduled start should be Wednesday,I find that they list Taijuan Walker vs TBD........HMMMMM.......a trade a brewing right now?
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Quintana---I'm going to start a rumor Empty Re: Quintana---I'm going to start a rumor

Post by cream919 Sun May 21, 2017 7:08 pm

I hope so....after the one hitter he threw get something for him NOW!
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Quintana---I'm going to start a rumor Empty Re: Quintana---I'm going to start a rumor

Post by sharpy Sun May 21, 2017 7:36 pm

Good pick up John ...lets hope its not b/c of injury and he will be getting the Sox a couple more prospects
    sox55
    sox55
    Not a Fanboy

Post by sox55 Sun May 21, 2017 7:44 pm

sharpy wrote:Good pick up John ...lets hope its not b/c of injury and he will be getting the Sox a couple more prospects
    Tim, now it looks like TBD vs TBD because Taijuan Walker went on the DL today 

See what happens on Wednesday!

Last edited by sox55 on Sun May 21, 2017 9:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Shooters Buffet
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Shooters Buffet Sun May 21, 2017 8:56 pm

There will be a glut of pitchers available at the traded deadline.

Quintana is not Carlton or Koufax.

He is good.

Why would some team gut their system to get him in May when his price just might go down in July? Big Time.
    sox55
    sox55
    Not a Fanboy

Post by sox55 Sun May 21, 2017 9:01 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:There will be a glut of pitchers available at the traded deadline.

He is good.

Why would some team gut their system to get him in May when his price just might go down in July? Big Time.
    The only reason it would go down is if he started to suck,

I don't see that happening so if I'm in charge , I hold onto him and make him part of the rebuild if nobody wants to pay the Sox' price.
    Shooters Buffet
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Shooters Buffet Mon May 22, 2017 7:59 am

Boston and Sox discussing .200 hitting Todd Frazier.
    Shooters Buffet
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Shooters Buffet Mon May 22, 2017 8:02 am

sox55 wrote:
    Shooters Buffet wrote:There will be a glut of pitchers available at the traded deadline.

He is good.

The only reason it would go down is if he started to suck,

I don't see that happening so if I'm in charge , I hold onto him and make him part of the rebuild if nobody wants to pay the Sox' price.
    It goes down in July because the market gets flooded with pitching.  Sonny Gray comes to mind.  They can always trade him in December.

Has nothing to do with a few bad starts by Quintana.

Has to do with supply and demand in July.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon May 22, 2017 8:45 pm

Has to do with supply and demand in July.

Then beat the supply and trade him now ..I'd rather he be sooner than later ....ala branch rickey
    Shooters Buffet
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Shooters Buffet Tue May 23, 2017 7:16 am

OK....just go out and find that elusive team that panics before Memorial Day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:33 pm