Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

• Reply to topic

No love for Quintana?

blondy28
Getting to be a Fanboy

No love for Quintana?

Post by blondy28 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:17 pm

This writer is wondering why there's no love for Quintana.  I ought to give him a call and womansplain it.

http://www.bleachernation.com/2018/02/20/mlbns-top-100-players-right-now-features-six-cubs-and-none-are-jose-quintana/
cream919
Not a Fanboy

Re: No love for Quintana?

Post by cream919 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:23 pm

You're in love aren't you.
SoxIlliniRob
Fanboy Apprentice

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:45 pm

Seems like you can't stop talking about him.  Reminds me of a grade school crush or two that I had.
blondy28
Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by blondy28 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:09 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Seems like you can't stop talking about him.  Reminds me of a grade school crush or two that I had.

They just showed Eloy on the WGN news and I nearly cried real tears.

frank bonifacic
Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:29 am

blondy28 wrote:This writer is wondering why there's no love for Quintana.  I ought to give him a call and womansplain it.

http://www.bleachernation.com/2018/02/20/mlbns-top-100-players-right-now-features-six-cubs-and-none-are-jose-quintana/
Thought I'd share something that might get you off the ledge.
Mully & Hanley on Score have talked about Quintana. Hanley, die hard Cub fan is big fan -mentioned his name when the predictions and odds re Cy Young came out-said he thought that would be a good value bet. Lester # 1, Darvish # 2 on Cubs in odds.
Dustin, a member of the five on five and a regular is totally in your camp and not a fan.
They had quoted Theo and agreed with him that without Quintana, Cubs don't make playoffs.

Hanley does admit that he frequently wonders about Jimenez -what they gave up for Q.
They all agree that without the Quintana deal (favorable terms, etc.) Cubs DON'T get Darvish. Question of money etc. So saying basically it two for one-lost Arieta but got Q and Darvish. ( also mentioned, another playoff or two run -possible WS- and no one will worry about Jimenez.

Hope you feel better.
sharpy
Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by sharpy on Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:57 pm

I'm with Blondy ....not a Q fan ...not a Darvish fan either ....maybe I'm a racist ?????? Let's make Baseball great again 
alohafri
Fanboy Apprentice

Post by alohafri on Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:22 pm

sharpy wrote:I'm with Blondy ....not a Q fan ...not a Darvish fan either ....maybe I'm a racist ?????? Let's make Baseball great again 

Darvish is black?

frank bonifacic
Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:46 pm

alohafri wrote:
sharpy wrote:I'm with Blondy ....not a Q fan ...not a Darvish fan either ....maybe I'm a racist ?????? Let's make Baseball great again 

Darvish is black?
Yellow isn’t white
SoxIlliniRob
Fanboy Apprentice

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:35 pm

Pretty damn good outing today for Q.  As memory serves, he usually takes a few starts into the season to get on any kind of roll.
alohafri
Fanboy Apprentice

Post by alohafri on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:25 pm

I hope Quintana didn't ruin your Easter, Blondy.
SoxIlliniRob
Fanboy Apprentice

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:26 pm

Looked to me like if Rizzo grabs a catchable grounder past him at first base, they are out of that five run inning without any runs scored.  That said, he was pretty clearly done in that inning, but they brought him back out in the sixth.
sharpy
Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by sharpy on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:27 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Looked to me like if Rizzo grabs a catchable grounder past him at first base, they are out of that five run inning without any runs scored.  That said, he was pretty clearly done in that inning, but they brought him back out in the sixth.

The odd thing about his start is that he gave us six runs to lose ...with the Cubs scoring none, I'd have bet he would have lost 2-0.  If you told me the Cubs lost, and Q gave up 6 runs, I would have guessed the Cubs scored 4 o4 5.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:41 am