Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Where do we start?

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Where do we start? Empty Where do we start?

Post by blondy28 Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:45 pm

Betty White.  John Madden. Sidney Poitier.  Bob Saget.  I have to say that I don't know if I've ever heard of a celeb who was apparently as highly regarded across the board as Bob Saget was.  I mean, yeah...everyone loved Betty White.  And I have never heard anything bad about Bob Saget, but the stories about what he meant to so many people...wow.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Where do we start? Empty Re: Where do we start?

Post by alohafri Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:05 pm

I agree about Saget. I knew he worked pretty blue in his stand up routine, which is cool, but never knew how much he was truly loved by those he knew.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:39 pm

alohafri wrote:I agree about Saget. I knew he worked pretty blue in his stand up routine, which is cool, but never knew how much he was truly loved by those he knew.

Jimmy Kimmel's tribute to him was so touching.  He said that he was so "sweet", and that anyone who knew him, if they could describe him in one word, it would be "sweet".  Not a compliment you typically hear men use for other men.  And he said if Saget had a negative opinion about anyone you wouldn't know it because he never had a bad thing to say about anyone.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:58 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:I agree about Saget. I knew he worked pretty blue in his stand up routine, which is cool, but never knew how much he was truly loved by those he knew.

Jimmy Kimmel's tribute to him was so touching.  He said that he was so "sweet", and that anyone who knew him, if they could describe him in one word, it would be "sweet".  Not a compliment you typically hear men use for other men.  And he said if Saget had a negative opinion about anyone you wouldn't know it because he never had a bad thing to say about anyone.

I wish I could be like that, except for, well, Kark is still alive.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:23 pm

except for, well, Kark is still alive.

Fuckin' 2022 just keeps getting worse and worse 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:37 pm