Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
alohafri
SoxIlliniRob
6 posters

The Sexual Harrassment/Assault House of Cards

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

The Sexual Harrassment/Assault House of Cards Empty The Sexual Harrassment/Assault House of Cards

Post by blondy28 Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:22 pm

...see what I did there?

A lot of people are going to be taken down.   TV News/Journalism, Hollywood, and today, politics.  Athletes have been lucky to escape with mere rumors thus far, because they're at least as bad as the names we're seeing in the news everyday.

As the lone female posting on this forum, here's my public service announcement for powerful men:  Nobody wants to see you masturbate.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

The Sexual Harrassment/Assault House of Cards Empty Re: The Sexual Harrassment/Assault House of Cards

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:53 pm

blondy28 wrote:As the lone female posting on this forum, here's my public service announcement for powerful men:  Nobody wants to see you masturbate.

Shit.  Really?  I'm going to have to rethink my goals in life.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

The Sexual Harrassment/Assault House of Cards Empty Re: The Sexual Harrassment/Assault House of Cards

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:55 pm

I get the feeling that we don't hear much about it happening with athletes because there are so many women throwing themselves at them after games that they don't need to start jacking it in front of uninterested parties.  In the film and entertainment industry, there are a lot of serious women trying to hold down jobs and earn a check, and not need some tubby dimwit whipping his dick out just for the hell of it.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:44 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I get the feeling that we don't hear much about it happening with athletes because there are so many women throwing themselves at them after games that they don't need to start jacking it in front of uninterested parties.  In the film and entertainment industry, there are a lot of serious women trying to hold down jobs and earn a check, and not need some tubby dimwit whipping his dick out just for the hell of it.

I'm not so sure that's it.  Yes, that happens...just like I'm sure there are some people who did throw themselves at these powerful men we're hearing about, but I have personally been subjected to unwanted groping by a 2 former Bulls (one hall of famer, one just a role player) and a former All Star Black Hawk.  I also witnessed another hall of fame Bull grope someone against her will, as well as a former All Star Bull.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:07 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:I get the feeling that we don't hear much about it happening with athletes because there are so many women throwing themselves at them after games that they don't need to start jacking it in front of uninterested parties.  In the film and entertainment industry, there are a lot of serious women trying to hold down jobs and earn a check, and not need some tubby dimwit whipping his dick out just for the hell of it.

I'm not so sure that's it.  Yes, that happens...just like I'm sure there are some people who did throw themselves at these powerful men we're hearing about, but I have personally been subjected to unwanted groping by a 2 former Bulls (one hall of famer, one just a role player) and a former All Star Black Hawk.  I also witnessed another hall of fame Bull grope someone against her will, as well as a former All Star Bull.

I think all I'm saying is that athletes have more willing participants near them after games.  These entertainment industry folks are just surrounded by other folks in the same industry.  This is just theory, and I'm not surprised to hear that some of them still run around grabbing women.  Honestly, all of this shit in the news has me lately thinking back to college about times I was drunk and messing around with some coworker after a long night of waiting tables at a party and wondering "what if she thinks I got too grabby or something?"  I was one of those guys that was overly respectful to women, even at that age, but anymore you have to wonder how SHE perceived the encounter and consider if it might come back to bite you someday.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:05 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

I think all I'm saying is that athletes have more willing participants near them after games.  These entertainment industry folks are just surrounded by other folks in the same industry.  This is just theory, and I'm not surprised to hear that some of them still run around grabbing women.  Honestly, all of this shit in the news has me lately thinking back to college about times I was drunk and messing around with some coworker after a long night of waiting tables at a party and wondering "what if she thinks I got too grabby or something?"  I was one of those guys that was overly respectful to women, even at that age, but anymore you have to wonder how SHE perceived the encounter and consider if it might come back to bite you someday.

Yeah, I suppose there are more groupies around sports figures, but what I witnessed happened to women who are surrounded by the athletes through their employment...just like what you're seeing with actors.   

In terms of you...or anyone...I always say that "professionalism" or "sexual harassment" is not a definition...it's about knowing your audience.   I think what you're seeing in Hollywood, Fox News, etc., is that you have powerful people who think they're entitled to something and they get off on that power...knowing they can get away with something because women/victims wouldn't dare call them out because they could lose their careers if they do.  For the famous, at least the information is coming out publicly, which gives the women the courage to speak out...because the consequences (for them) have basically been lifted (safety in numbers and all).  In the regular workplace, that doesn't exist.  And as you are now seeing with the e-mails coming out at Fox News (which is an actual workplace, versus a movie set, which changes), women DID go to HR...but what can be done when Roger Ailes is the one harassing the women?  But I digress.  Just know your audience.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:48 am

blondy28 wrote: Nobody wants to see you masturbate.

Does that include men watching powerful women? Or any woman for that matter.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:13 am

alohafri wrote:

I'm pretty sure this ONLY applies to women not wanting to watch dudes yanking it.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:30 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I'm pretty sure this ONLY applies to women not wanting to watch dudes yanking it.

And hopefully dudes wanting to verb the noun for other dudes who don't want to see that.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:03 pm

Who knew this was a thing?  I mean, it happened to me...13 years old, crossing Manheim Road.  Walked across two lanes and my friend and I were waiting for a car to pass to cross the rest of the way.  The car stopped in front of us and the guy looked down and he was whacking off.  My flighty friend didn't notice it and she chatted with him.  He laughed and pulled away (pun intended).

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/louis-ck-masturbation-women_us_5a05c227e4b05673aa58f4ba?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:24 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Well, I can't speak for men, but from what I hear, this type of behavior from women would not be frowned upon.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:24 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Well, I can't speak for men, but from what I hear, this type of behavior from women would not be frowned upon.

Not at all.  In fact, I would highly encourage it at any and all junctures.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:35 pm

I hope you learned folks realize that it doesn't matter what the Hon. Judge Moore did or didn't do. Those inbred cretins down in Alabama will STILL vote him into office.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:36 pm

cream919 wrote:I hope you learned folks realize that it doesn't matter what the Hon. Judge Moore did or didn't do. Those inbred cretins down in Alabama will STILL vote him into office.

Yes, they will.   Seems that the general thinking is that those few who decide not to vote for Moore just won't vote at all, and that won't be enough to tilt the election in favor of Doug Jones.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:28 pm

Doesn't anyone smell hypocrisy, or a double standard in all of this? Is the 'casting couch" something new in Hollywood, or have actresses fucked their way to the top (and actors as well) since Edison invented the movie camera? Didn't Madonna write a whole book about how she fucked her way to stardom?  So Weinstein and all these other movie people took advantage of all these 'innocent pure girls"?  Or, after being offered a blow job by the first 4 actresses up for a part, they hit on the fifth that wouldn't participate and she got mad? OR are they coming out now b/c they didn't get the part and are pissed off?  Where are the BIG stars in all this? Where is Meryl streep? She never got propositioned? How about Carmen Diaz, another one who is rumored to have used her body to advance her career. Is she going to come out with stories, or b/c it "worked" for her, she's keeping her mouth shut?  And how about the women who propositioned these guys and made the advances?  Maybe some women get groped b/c the previous 10 women in contact with that producer or athlete grabbed his dick and offered a service so he just figured they all will?  Is it wrong to do what Weinstein did, or Spacey, or Charlie sheen, or whoever? Yea, it is and they are pigs and no man who respects a woman would ever proceed in that manor. But many past experiences with actresses have lead to the lack of respect? . But its no more wrong than a young Madonna offering to fuck a producer to get her record released.  Or a young actress getting a part b/c she fucked the director, producer and the screenwriter. And why isn't that a big deal? or publicized?  or criticized?   Maybe men are worse than women, and it happens more frequently a man on a woman, but lets not make Virgin Marys out of actresses or athletic groupies either.  There just might be enough irresponsibility and bad behavior to cover both sexes.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:04 pm

sharpy wrote:Doesn't anyone smell hypocrisy, or a double standard in all of this? Is the 'casting couch" something new in Hollywood, or have actresses fucked their way to the top (and actors as well) since Edison invented the movie camera? Didn't Madonna write a whole book about how she fucked her way to stardom?  So Weinstein and all these other movie people took advantage of all these 'innocent pure girls"?  Or, after being offered a blow job by the first 4 actresses up for a part, they hit on the fifth that wouldn't participate and she got mad? OR are they coming out now b/c they didn't get the part and are pissed off?  Where are the BIG stars in all this? Where is Meryl streep? She never got propositioned? How about Carmen Diaz, another one who is rumored to have used her body to advance her career. Is she going to come out with stories, or b/c it "worked" for her, she's keeping her mouth shut?  And how about the women who propositioned these guys and made the advances?  Maybe some women get groped b/c the previous 10 women in contact with that producer or athlete grabbed his dick and offered a service so he just figured they all will?  Is it wrong to do what Weinstein did, or Spacey, or Charlie sheen, or whoever? Yea, it is and they are pigs and no man who respects a woman would ever proceed in that manor. But many past experiences with actresses have lead to the lack of respect? . But its no more wrong than a young Madonna offering to fuck a producer to get her record released.  Or a young actress getting a part b/c she fucked the director, producer and the screenwriter. And why isn't that a big deal? or publicized?  or criticized?   Maybe men are worse than women, and it happens more frequently a man on a woman, but lets not make Virgin Marys out of actresses or athletic groupies either.  There just might be enough irresponsibility and bad behavior to cover both sexes.

I'm not getting what the double standard is.  The issue, to my understanding, is the "against his/her will" angle.  If you're saying that women forced themselves on men/other women/children against their will, I would be just as horrified.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:15 am

cream919 wrote:I hope you learned folks realize that it doesn't matter what the Hon. Judge Moore did or didn't do. Those inbred cretins down in Alabama will STILL vote him into office.

What is even more disturbing is the knuckleheaded pastor who tried to justify it by saying that Joseph was much older than Mary, who was probably around 14 or so and they "became the parents of Jesus." 

One, apparently he missed the part in the Bible where God is the father of Jesus, not Joseph. Two, I wonder how understanding he would be if Judge Moore diddled with said pastor's 14 year old daughter or grand daughter. Three, I bet those who are trying to justify Judge Moore's alleged behavior are the first in line to say "damn teachers" when a teacher is caught with a student.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:16 am

sharpy wrote:Doesn't anyone smell hypocrisy, or a double standard in all of this? Is the 'casting couch" something new in Hollywood, or have actresses fucked their way to the top (and actors as well) since Edison invented the movie camera? Didn't Madonna write a whole book about how she fucked her way to stardom?  So Weinstein and all these other movie people took advantage of all these 'innocent pure girls"?  Or, after being offered a blow job by the first 4 actresses up for a part, they hit on the fifth that wouldn't participate and she got mad? OR are they coming out now b/c they didn't get the part and are pissed off?  Where are the BIG stars in all this? Where is Meryl streep? She never got propositioned? How about Carmen Diaz, another one who is rumored to have used her body to advance her career. Is she going to come out with stories, or b/c it "worked" for her, she's keeping her mouth shut?  And how about the women who propositioned these guys and made the advances?  Maybe some women get groped b/c the previous 10 women in contact with that producer or athlete grabbed his dick and offered a service so he just figured they all will?  Is it wrong to do what Weinstein did, or Spacey, or Charlie sheen, or whoever? Yea, it is and they are pigs and no man who respects a woman would ever proceed in that manor. But many past experiences with actresses have lead to the lack of respect? . But its no more wrong than a young Madonna offering to fuck a producer to get her record released.  Or a young actress getting a part b/c she fucked the director, producer and the screenwriter. And why isn't that a big deal? or publicized?  or criticized?   Maybe men are worse than women, and it happens more frequently a man on a woman, but lets not make Virgin Marys out of actresses or athletic groupies either.  There just might be enough irresponsibility and bad behavior to cover both sexes.

Yeah. I think this just says that the rumors and innuendos about the "casting couch" weren't just rumors and innuendos.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:57 pm

frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:27 pm

alohafri wrote:

Yeah. I think this just says that the rumors and innuendos about the "casting couch" weren't just rumors and innuendos.
    They definitely weren't just rumors. Saw an article on the internet the other day regarding Family Guy. Producer there has been clear as to what was happening.
    In 2005!!!, had an episode on -don't recall topic of show- showed Stewie running naked through a shopping mall, saying "I've just escaped from Kevin Spacey's basement!"
    Another, a takeoff on "Taken" titled "Leggo my Meggo" has Meg kidnaped by white slavers. One of characters in disguise is being auctioned off and one of the bidders is the other goof in the news now (not Weinstein or Spacey,dont recall name) says $75,000 and then announces his name.
    Finally, believe at Oscars, McFarland (producer, creator and voice of several of the characters) presented an award and in referring to the candidates (actresses) said " Congratulations, ladies, you no longer have to pretend that you like Harvey Weinstein"
    So, obviously  rumors?? very well known. And no one went after Family Guy. How interesting -and the rest of the industry just ignored it.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:27 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

They definitely weren't just rumors. Saw an article on the internet the other day regarding Family Guy. Producer there has been clear as to what was happening.
    In 2005!!!, had an episode on -don't recall topic of show- showed Stewie running naked through a shopping mall, saying "I've just escaped from Kevin Spacey's basement!"
    Another, a takeoff on "Taken" titled "Leggo my Meggo" has Meg kidnaped by white slavers. One of characters in disguise is being auctioned off and one of the bidders is the other goof in the news now (not Weinstein or Spacey,dont recall name) says $75,000 and then announces his name.
    Finally, believe at Oscars, McFarland (producer, creator and voice of several of the characters) presented an award and in referring to the candidates (actresses) said " Congratulations, ladies, you no longer have to pretend that you like Harvey Weinstein"
    So, obviously  rumors?? very well known. And no one went after Family Guy. How interesting -and the rest of the industry just ignored it.

Yes, Hollywood knew about Spacey and Weinstein and Cosby.   Word gets around, just like every other industry.   If there's a rumbling or two, it can be dismissed as being the rumor mill, but at some point you realize that where there's smoke, there's fire.  Too bad this country doesn't realize the same about the fat orange predator in the White House.
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:30 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Yes, Hollywood knew about Spacey and Weinstein and Cosby.   Word gets around, just like every other industry.   If there's a rumbling or two, it can be dismissed as being the rumor mill, but at some point you realize that where there's smoke, there's fire.  Too bad this country doesn't realize the same about the fat orange predator in the White House.
    Forgot one other-not as obvious. The dad (on family guys -can't remember name) is regretting doing something or saying something to neighbor and says "poor Tom, he must feel lower than Charlie Rose"   !!!!!
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:00 am

blondy28 wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

The predators in Washington go beyond the President. He just won't admit it. Of course according to Hannity, that's "fake news." I'm sure there are others in Congress who won't either. 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:14 am

alohafri wrote:

The predators in Washington go beyond the President. He just won't admit it. Of course according to Hannity, that's "fake news." I'm sure there are others in Congress who won't either. 

How does Hannity have even a scintilla of credibility anymore?  How does he even have a job?  Isn't he a laughingstock?  I get the sense that most people now see him as something of an extension of Alex Jones, whereas he's just a far right wing crackpot, espousing conspiracy theories.  Maybe some of the old folks that read the Enquirer and Weekly World News still think he's telling the truth.  Seems to me like his show has become an almost caricature of a state-run TV propaganda network.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:24 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

How does Hannity have even a scintilla of credibility anymore?  How does he even have a job?  Isn't he a laughingstock?  I get the sense that most people now see him as something of an extension of Alex Jones, whereas he's just a far right wing crackpot, espousing conspiracy theories.  Maybe some of the old folks that read the Enquirer and Weekly World News still think he's telling the truth.  Seems to me like his show has become an almost caricature of a state-run TV propaganda network.

Ratings! Rosebowl hit the nail on the head when he says that these people are entertainers first. If this clown was offered $1,000,000 per episode to host a show on MSNBC, he'd move so far left that Bernie Sanders would be embarrassed. 

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am