Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+3
alohafri
cream919
sharpy
7 posters

bad omen

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

bad omen - Page 4 Empty Re: bad omen

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:35 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Talking like it might be Adam Schiff that's made speaker after an initial period held by Pelosi.  I'm watching Pelosi give a House victory speech.  I have never really understood what people hate about her.  She comes across as a bit goofy, but I figure that's age catching up with her.  I think she's a nice lady saying reasonable things.  I've not heard her say anything that ever rubbed me the wrong way.  If people think she's weak and not cutthroat enough, I can jive with that, but I don't really know what Repubs hate about her so much.

They hate her because Republicans targeted her.  It's the Mike Madigan, George Soros, Hillary Clinton, etc. of the House.

Agreed, but I know a lot of reasonable repubs that hate her, too.  These are people that wouldn't reflexively hate someone because of some inexplicable targeting.

And their reasons?

I'll need to ask them.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:13 pm

sharpy wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Talking like it might be Adam Schiff that's made speaker after an initial period held by Pelosi.  I'm watching Pelosi give a House victory speech.  I have never really understood what people hate about her.  She comes across as a bit goofy, but I figure that's age catching up with her.  I think she's a nice lady saying reasonable things.  I've not heard her say anything that ever rubbed me the wrong way.  If people think she's weak and not cutthroat enough, I can jive with that, but I don't really know what Repubs hate about her so much.

Its all perception - Jesus could have been the democratic Speaker and HE would have been the one vilified and torn about by the GOP and now 50% of the country see her as stalin and lenin tied into one - she cannot be the head of the democratic house - they will rip her apart and base the ENTIRE 2020 strategy on how terrible she is ...
    Whoever is to be speaker will get that same treatment.  Whoever it is will have a bad name going into 2020.  The game plan is set, the name is yet to be installed.  Once the name is given, the strategy will come from the Carl Rovians.  Guaranteed.

From this election, what I am most disillusioned by is while the numbers of voters are way, way up, Trumpism took some hits but also made some gains.  To me, that implies there were new Trump supporters who didn't vote in 2016.  I had thought he would have garnered 99.9% of his base in 2016 but instead it expanded.  
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:55 pm

jaywit wrote:

Its all perception - Jesus could have been the democratic Speaker and HE would have been the one vilified and torn about by the GOP and now 50% of the country see her as stalin and lenin tied into one - she cannot be the head of the democratic house - they will rip her apart and base the ENTIRE 2020 strategy on how terrible she is ...
    Whoever is to be speaker will get that same treatment.  Whoever it is will have a bad name going into 2020.  The game plan is set, the name is yet to be installed.  Once the name is given, the strategy will come from the Carl Rovians.  Guaranteed.

From this election, what I am most disillusioned by is while the numbers of voters are way, way up, Trumpism took some hits but also made some gains.  To me, that implies there were new Trump supporters who didn't vote in 2016.  I had thought he would have garnered 99.9% of his base in 2016 but instead it expanded.  

They will bring in Frank Luntz to teach them how to message their hate for the new speaker in a way that's memorable and permeates the brains of the weak masses.  Luntz is a genius when it comes to this shit, and the GOP is amazingly steadfast in following the methodology to a freaking tee.  I gotta hand it to Luntz.  He's good.  An evil genius.  He's always really interesting when he's on Bill Maher.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:01 pm

jaywit wrote:

Keep in mind, Jay, that there are a lot of folks just voting R because the economy is in decent shape and they've always voted R.  It's dismaying, but there's a lot of time for a lot of things to happen in the next two years.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:18 pm

jaywit wrote:
    sharpy wrote:

Totally agree.  That's my point in asking what Rob's friends' reasons are for hating Pelosi.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:20 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:

They will bring in Frank Luntz to teach them how to message their hate for the new speaker in a way that's memorable and permeates the brains of the weak masses.  Luntz is a genius when it comes to this shit, and the GOP is amazingly steadfast in following the methodology to a freaking tee.  I gotta hand it to Luntz.  He's good.  An evil genius.  He's always really interesting when he's on Bill Maher.

Not sure if he's a genius.  He has focus groups and tests a bunch of shit on them and he rolls out whatever tested well.  Maybe you find him a genius because he comes up with the lines before he tests them ("death panels"...although I'm not sure that was his line), but I would think that any one of us could come up with a list of catchy one liners to describe something and test it on focus groups.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:41 pm

They will bring in Frank Luntz to teach them how to message their hate for the new speaker in a way that's memorable and permeates the brains of the weak masses.  Luntz is a genius when it comes to this shit, and the GOP is amazingly steadfast in following the methodology to a freaking tee.  I gotta hand it to Luntz.  He's good.  An evil genius.  He's always really interesting when he's on Bill Maher

I guess even as an old man, I remain somewhat naïve and just don't understand some things.. Here's a guy who is probably smart, who takes pride and a fortune in making up lies, insults and smears, against people he doesn't even know, for a group of people out to fuck over millions of people and attempt to make the USA a fascist state ..yet, he can live with himself and eagerly hold his hand out for his next paycheck..    to me, this is a BAD human being, and if we were more in the animal kingdom, would be targeted for death by pecking, stomping or biting, by all the good animals
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:27 pm

blondy28 wrote:

Not sure if he's a genius.  He has focus groups and tests a bunch of shit on them and he rolls out whatever tested well.  Maybe you find him a genius because he comes up with the lines before he tests them ("death panels"...although I'm not sure that was his line), but I would think that any one of us could come up with a list of catchy one liners to describe something and test it on focus groups.

I only call him a genius because he's so successful at what it is he does.  I'm grossed out by it, and strongly disagree with it, but he's doing his job and doing it well and somehow convincing his fellow party members to follow his formula to a tee.  And they do.  And it works.  I swear I remember a three consecutive year span where any repub that ever referred to ACA referred to it as the "job killing government takeover of healthcare."
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:32 pm

sharpy wrote:They will bring in Frank Luntz to teach them how to message their hate for the new speaker in a way that's memorable and permeates the brains of the weak masses.  Luntz is a genius when it comes to this shit, and the GOP is amazingly steadfast in following the methodology to a freaking tee.  I gotta hand it to Luntz.  He's good.  An evil genius.  He's always really interesting when he's on Bill Maher

I guess even as an old man, I remain somewhat naïve and just don't understand some things.. Here's a guy who is probably smart, who takes pride and a fortune in making up lies, insults and smears, against people he doesn't even know, for a group of people out to fuck over millions of people and attempt to make the USA a fascist state ..yet, he can live with himself and eagerly hold his hand out for his next paycheck..    to me, this is a BAD human being, and if we were more in the animal kingdom, would be targeted for death by pecking, stomping or biting, by all the good animals

Those are all fair points, and I can't argue with them.  When he's on Maher, you can tell he and Maher are buds.  He comes across as a nice guy and seems like just a hired gun.  I assume he's a Repub/conservative, but almost wonder if the Dems offered him more, would he teach them how to message their PR.  In a typical interview, he doesn't seem like a shill for his party.  He seems more interested in just talking about how the parties are marketing themselves and what's working and what's not.  Great insights.  He has a strong understanding of how folks emotionally react and connect to messaging.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:51 pm

you know what will go the furthest for the democrats - NOT electing Pelosi to be the Speaker 

As you all know I live in fucking Indiana. As God as my witness, every single piece of conservative red-neck political mail that got shoved into my mail box this campaign season...EVERY FUCKING ONE...had Nancy Pelosi's face slapped on the front....without fail!!!!
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:33 am

cream919 wrote:you know what will go the furthest for the democrats - NOT electing Pelosi to be the Speaker 

As you all know I live in fucking Indiana. As God as my witness, every single piece of conservative red-neck political mail that got shoved into my mail box this campaign season...EVERY FUCKING ONE...had Nancy Pelosi's face slapped on the front....without fail!!!!

In Illinois, every single politician used the speaker of the Illinois House, Mike Madigan.  Peter fucking Roskam used it in his ads, and he's a U.S. Congressman (not anymore!!), and Madigan has nothing to do with his opponent, but they used him.  It didn't work.  Why let Republicans define our party's people?  As Jay said, if Nancy goes, they will just vilify the next in line and that's who will be on every piece of mail you get in the next election.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:56 am

He comes across as a nice guy and seems like just a hired gun. 

Capone seemed like a hell of a guy ...so did whitey Bulger ...and Vito Corleone and his clan,....How can you be a nice guy while you are doing a bad thing and trying your best to fuck over millions?  I'm sure Stalin was a great dinner guest and interview - Roosevelt liked "Uncle Joe".....he's buffaloing you and if Maher is his friend - then he's a sap as well.  You cannot be a quality human being when your goal in life is to "just do your job" and hurt millions.  Sorry - don't buy it. 
    Steve Bannion was on Maher's show a few months back - he was civil, he was a good interview - Maher thanked him for showing up and then said something to the fact, that "history is going to treat you badly" - why, b/c no matter how "nice" he seemed, he's a shit ball human being.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:15 am

sharpy wrote:He comes across as a nice guy and seems like just a hired gun. 

Capone seemed like a hell of a guy ...so did whitey Bulger ...and Vito Corleone and his clan,....How can you be a nice guy while you are doing a bad thing and trying your best to fuck over millions?  I'm sure Stalin was a great dinner guest and interview - Roosevelt liked "Uncle Joe".....he's buffaloing you and if Maher is his friend - then he's a sap as well.  You cannot be a quality human being when your goal in life is to "just do your job" and hurt millions.  Sorry - don't buy it. 
    Steve Bannion was on Maher's show a few months back - he was civil, he was a good interview - Maher thanked him for showing up and then said something to the fact, that "history is going to treat you badly" - why, b/c no matter how "nice" he seemed, he's a shit ball human being.

I watched that interview, and I definitely do NOT get the feeling that Maher and Bannon are buddies the way he and Luntz appear to get along.  Mind you, I'm not saying Luntz is some kind of good guy.  Just commenting on how he comes across.  Plenty of awful humans have come across well in person.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:20 pm

Blondy, using Pelosi sure worked in Indiana. I don't know who Madigan is other than hearing the name...Pelosi is a national figure. On Monday I had a democratic senator...today I have a republican. The blue wave passed over Indiana. It doesn't matter who defines what...she's become a liability to her party in her leadership role and she needs to step aside. Time for some fresh, and in my opinion, more assertive blood.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:27 am

cream919 wrote:Blondy, using Pelosi sure worked in Indiana. I don't know who Madigan is other than hearing the name...Pelosi is a national figure. On Monday I had a democratic senator...today I have a republican. The blue wave passed over Indiana. It doesn't matter who defines what...she's become a liability to her party in her leadership role and she needs to step aside. Time for some fresh, and in my opinion, more assertive blood.

The Republicans took 2 senate seats.  They're projecting when all shakes out, they will have lost 30 house seats, 7 governorships, multiple state legislatures.   Not sure how much of a liability she was. I'm not advocating for Nancy Pelosi to be speaker, I simply reject that she's done anything particularly egregious to warrant the disdain that she has, anymore that Hillary has.  I promise that whoever takes her place will be targeted as aggressively as she was and that the right and red states will soon feel the same way about her replacement as they do about her.  It's not unlike what's going on with Jim Acosta.  The White House targeted him, and demonized him and now people are saying that he can't effectively do his job because of their strained relationship...which the White House intentionally strained.  If CNN replaces Acosta, then the White House will do the same thing to next person that they want out.  I strongly object to the opposition forcing these decisions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:03 pm