Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

61% of Republicans are satisfied with the way things are going in the country

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

61% of Republicans are satisfied with the way things are going in the country Empty 61% of Republicans are satisfied with the way things are going in the country

Post by blondy28 Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:27 pm

Astounding...and enlightening.  Most Republicans that I know directly might be pleased with **certain** things (like the tax scam or the stock bubble), but I kinda figured that at least the majority (if even slight) of Republicans would not be pleased OVERALL with the way things are going.   The clear racism.  The risk of nuclear war.  The total embarrassment we are to the rest of the world.  The collusion with Russia.  Yes, I get that many don't view these things through the same lens as I do, but most people I know...Aloha, the president of my building, my mother-in-law...and other high profile Republicans...Michael Steele, Steve Schmidt, Nicole Wallace, Mitt Romney, Jeff Flake, etc....think we're on very much the wrong path.  I can't even tell myself that they voted for Trump because he wasn't Hillary.  These people are just fucked.  And they're living among us.  We're all fucked.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

61% of Republicans are satisfied with the way things are going in the country Empty Re: 61% of Republicans are satisfied with the way things are going in the country

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:32 pm

I would imagine that there are a few that dislike the Trump daily dramas and the racism and some of the things you mention, but still are "satisfied" because of the tax cuts and Neil Gorsuch and some kind of misguided belief that this is going to mean abortion will become outlawed and being a Christian and saying Merry Christmas will become legal again.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

61% of Republicans are satisfied with the way things are going in the country Empty Re: 61% of Republicans are satisfied with the way things are going in the country

Post by blondy28 Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:29 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I would imagine that there are a few that dislike the Trump daily dramas and the racism and some of the things you mention, but still are "satisfied" because of the tax cuts and Neil Gorsuch and some kind of misguided belief that this is going to mean abortion will become outlawed and being a Christian and saying Merry Christmas will become legal again.

I forgot about Merry Christmas being legal again.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:52 am

61%?? really?   In all honesty, I would have guessed a higher number. I would have guessed 75% of them would have been thrilled - either b/c they were making a lot of money......or ....that they were allowed to finally say Merry Christmas again without the threat of long term incarceration.  
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:23 pm

Just read that per Quinnipiac poll, 72% of Repubs think Trump is a good role model, 82% say they share his values and 80% say he provides the US with moral leadership.  Wowzers.  Just wow.  Well, when the Dems have the highest midterm turnout in their history this November, this kinda shit will be why.  Holy fuck.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:16 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Just read that per Quinnipiac poll, 72% of Repubs think Trump is a good role model, 82% say they share his values and 80% say he provides the US with moral leadership.  Wowzers.  Just wow.  Well, when the Dems have the highest midterm turnout in their history this November, this kinda shit will be why.  Holy fuck.

That is truly astounding.  It's one thing if they deal with his clear lack of values and morality because there's something in it for them...like big tax cuts and bullshit rhetoric about religious freedom that he doesn't give a rat's behind about, but he knows will keep his sheeple firmly in his camp...but to actually believe that such a vile piece of human garbage is a good role model with high moral character...well that's just fucked up.  Yes, I know there are a bunch of Republicans who are just like him...racist vile pigs...so you kind of assume that those folks would show their support loud and proud...but to get the support 80+% of the Republicans polled?  Well, that just means that the supposedly educated, middle/upper class, "normal" people that live next door to you are vile pigs, too.  All that bullshit that people were saying after the election...that "just because they voted for a racist doesn't mean they ARE racist"...has been proven to be just that.  Bullshit.  Hillary was spot on.  They're deplorable.  It's really quite scary.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:28 am

She was right, but she shouldn't have said that.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:33 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:She was right, but she shouldn't have said that.

Trump could say it and the followers of his cult would throw him a fucking party.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:54 pm

blondy28 wrote:

Trump could say it and the followers of his cult would throw him a fucking party.

That's true and was true during the entire campaign.  That's not fair, but it's just how it is.  I figure just because that dumb fuck can say it, shouldn't be a reason for Hillary to cast all common sense aside and say dumb things, too.  Hillary already had enough rancor against her.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:04 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

That's true and was true during the entire campaign.  That's not fair, but it's just how it is.  I figure just because that dumb fuck can say it, shouldn't be a reason for Hillary to cast all common sense aside and say dumb things, too.  Hillary already had enough rancor against her.

It used to be that both parties at least tried to be "big tent" parties. Now it's all about pleasing the almighty "base."
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:06 am

alohafri wrote:

It used to be that both parties at least tried to be "big tent" parties. Now it's all about pleasing the almighty "base."

100% the truth.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:37 am