Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
alohafri
blondy28
6 posters

More dumb female Republicans

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

More dumb female Republicans Empty More dumb female Republicans

Post by blondy28 Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:40 am

Betsy DeVos is now in the running for best worst interview.  I mean, we kinda knew it after her confirmation hearing, but the Leslie Stahl interview was something to behold.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

More dumb female Republicans Empty Re: More dumb female Republicans

Post by alohafri Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:12 am

blondy28 wrote:Betsy DeVos is now in the running for best worst interview.  I mean, we kinda knew it after her confirmation hearing, but the Leslie Stahl interview was something to behold.

If Trump wanted to get rid of the Department of Education, he should have done just that. DeVos is a moron who he somehow felt he owed with a cabinet position.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:30 am

51 Repubs voted to confirm her, even after demonstrating how openly stupid she is. This isn't simply a goofy Trump nomination. The party could have said "no."
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:04 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:51 Repubs voted to confirm her, even after demonstrating how openly stupid she is.  This isn't simply a goofy Trump nomination.  The party could have said "no."

How often does the President's political party vote no on Cabinet appointments?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:11 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:51 Repubs voted to confirm her, even after demonstrating how openly stupid she is.  This isn't simply a goofy Trump nomination.  The party could have said "no."

Dunno.  I imagine rarely, given that it's rare in general for a cabinet appointment not to be confirmed, even if the opposing party holds the majority.  I'd always heard that it's pretty well agreed that the president should be able to have a cabinet of his choosing.  

Assuming this is correct, you can see how rare it is not to confirm a cabinet member:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsuccessful_nominations_to_the_Cabinet_of_the_United_States
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:15 pm

alohafri wrote:

Apparently not enough.  

I was never of the anti-Trump belief that we need to reject anyone Trump appoints, but some of these appointments are just flat out contrary to any kind of common sense.  
    DeVos, Pruitt, Price and Ben Carson were all ridiculous picks.  I was against Sessions because I view him as a racist asshole, which is a word I reserve for a very select few, but I knew he'd be confirmed, so that was never really in question.  Price was a clear conflict and ended up quitting in disgrace.  Carson was a ridiculous pick and is probably close to leaving.  Pruitt heading the EPA is a fucking joke.  DeVos heading anything beyond a kids' birthday party is a joke.  

The appointment of Tillerson is super shady, considering that there are now stories that Trump wanted Romney, but Putin said no to Romney and yes to Tillerson.  

I'm of the basic belief that the president ought to be able to pick who he wants to pick for his cabinet, but if someone is a clear and utter dope, or a clear conflict of interest, then elected officials have a duty to step in and put their elected power to good use.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:24 pm

I'm guessing Trump buys his Amway from her.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:12 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Apparently not enough.  

I was never of the anti-Trump belief that we need to reject anyone Trump appoints, but some of these appointments are just flat out contrary to any kind of common sense.  
    DeVos, Pruitt, Price and Ben Carson were all ridiculous picks.  I was against Sessions because I view him as a racist asshole, which is a word I reserve for a very select few, but I knew he'd be confirmed, so that was never really in question.  Price was a clear conflict and ended up quitting in disgrace.  Carson was a ridiculous pick and is probably close to leaving.  Pruitt heading the EPA is a fucking joke.  DeVos heading anything beyond a kids' birthday party is a joke.  

The appointment of Tillerson is super shady, considering that there are now stories that Trump wanted Romney, but Putin said no to Romney and yes to Tillerson.  

I'm of the basic belief that the president ought to be able to pick who he wants to pick for his cabinet, but if someone is a clear and utter dope, or a clear conflict of interest, then elected officials have a duty to step in and put their elected power to good use.

DeVos is a moron, but as of yet, she hasn't surpassed the stupidity of Secretary of the Interior James Watt ("the Beach Boys will attract the wrong element") or Secretary of the Interior Albert Fall (the mastermind of Teapot Dome). Come to think of it, maybe DeVos should have been appointed Secretary of the Interior.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:13 am

cream919 wrote:I'm guessing Trump buys his Amway from her.

What the fuck does Amway sell anyway?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:18 am

DeVos suggested that Trump refrain from using foul language (I'm assuming when he called Chuck Todd a "son of a bitch"). She'll be gone by the end of the month.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:18 pm

What the fuck does Amway sell anyway?

Basically soap and cleaning products along with cosmetics. In case some folks don;t know, they became a zillion dollar corporation by developing a pyramid sales scheme of sorts. An uber-conservative, liberal hating, outfit founded by Jay Van Andal and Rich DeVos. Trump has had his nose up the company's ass forever and I think, years ago, was even at the center of one of their advertising campaigns. Rich DeVos is still alive and in his 90's...I think our distinguished Education Secretary is his daughter. 

And yeah...I use to sell the shit 35-40 years ago. Hey....I was on drugs, 
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:20 pm

cream919 wrote:What the fuck does Amway sell anyway?

Basically soap and cleaning products along with cosmetics. In case some folks don;t know, they became a zillion dollar corporation by developing a pyramid sales scheme of sorts. An uber-conservative, liberal hating, outfit founded by Jay Van Andal and Rich DeVos. Trump has had his nose up the company's ass forever and I think, years ago, was even at the center of one of their advertising campaigns. Rich DeVos is still alive and in his 90's...I think our distinguished Education Secretary is his daughter. 

My dear friend's daughter, who was my flowergirl, worked ath Amway, too.  I think it's a cult.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:44 pm

cream919 wrote:What the fuck does Amway sell anyway?

You would have to be ....
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:00 pm

I looked it up and stand corrected..."Betsy" is old man DeVos's daughter-in-law.
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:51 am

cream919 wrote:I looked it up and stand corrected..."Betsy" is old man DeVos's daughter-in-law.
    And her brother is Erik Prince, founder of Blackwater (international security firm-involved in mid-east etc) He' s the gut who was pushing trump to use his outfit rather than Secret Service-or something relating to them investigating or outsourcing stuff from the CIA- a real American.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:05 am

alohafri wrote:

To this point, I noticed Rand Paul noting that he'll not vote to confirm either the new CIA head or the Pompeo/Sec State nominations.  One more defection from the GOP and Trump will need Dem support to confirm.  I think Pompeo will make it pretty easily with Dem support.  Not sure with the CIA head job, since that woman engaged in trying to cover up torture and so forth.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:54 pm