Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Impeachment Part Two

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Impeachment Part Two Empty Impeachment Part Two

Post by alohafri Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:11 am

From what I've read, Trump's lawyers were pretty pathetic. If this wasn't a clown show and the Trumplicans had an open mind and followed their oath to be an impartial jury, he'd have been convicted after the opening arguments.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Impeachment Part Two Empty Re: Impeachment Part Two

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:52 am

You read correctly.  Trump lawyers were laughably unfocused and all over the map.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:22 am

Jamie Raskin's opening presentation was masterful. The video interspersed with what Trump was doing while the insurrection was happening was a microcosm of the 6+ hour ordeal.  And Raskin's comments about what he was going through after burying his only son moves me to tears everytime I see it.  And the GOP senators, it's been reported, were looking at their shoes or phones to avoid seeing what Trump's rhetoric over several months culminated in.  It's shameful.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:46 am

blondy28 wrote:Jamie Raskin's opening presentation was masterful. The video interspersed with what Trump was doing while the insurrection was happening was a microcosm of the 6+ hour ordeal.  And Raskin's comments about what he was going through after burying his only son moves me to tears everytime I see it.  And the GOP senators, it's been reported, were looking at their shoes or phones to avoid seeing what Trump's rhetoric over several months culminated in.  It's shameful.

Bunch of soulless assholes.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:46 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:Jamie Raskin's opening presentation was masterful. The video interspersed with what Trump was doing while the insurrection was happening was a microcosm of the 6+ hour ordeal.  And Raskin's comments about what he was going through after burying his only son moves me to tears everytime I see it.  And the GOP senators, it's been reported, were looking at their shoes or phones to avoid seeing what Trump's rhetoric over several months culminated in.  It's shameful.

Bunch of soulless assholes.

Lady Lindsey and crew saying the presentation was offensive, and "what about Hillary telling Joe Biden not to concede".   I originally thought that the GOP was horrified by the events of that day, but Hal Sparks tweeted that more likely, they were aroused by what they saw...that's spot on.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:44 pm

After seeing the video, as it stands right now, I'm voting for Romney in 2024. He can name the guy that, what many are saying, saved his life, as head of the Secret Service.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:03 pm

alohafri wrote:After seeing the video, as it stands right now, I'm voting for Romney in 2024. He can name the guy that, what many are saying, saved his life, as head of the Secret Service.

I'm not impressed with Romney. I've made this point before...perhaps after the first impeachment.  He was anti-Trump during the primaries, then when Romney was mentioned as a possible Secretary of State, he was suddenly team Trump.  Is there any doubt that Romney would triple down on trickle down?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:06 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:After seeing the video, as it stands right now, I'm voting for Romney in 2024. He can name the guy that, what many are saying, saved his life, as head of the Secret Service.

I'm not impressed with Romney. I've made this point before...perhaps after the first impeachment.  He was anti-Trump during the primaries, then when Romney was mentioned as a possible Secretary of State, he was suddenly team Trump.  Is there any doubt that Romney would triple down on trickle down?

I haven't any problem with Romney except for purely ideologically.  I'd take 20 yrs of Romney as president over 4 more of Trump.  Romney is a reasonable guy who views the world through a different lens as I do.  

Is he going to run?  I don't see any way he gets the nomination unless there's a complete political upheaval.  If there was a primary held today, Trump would be the most likely to win the Repub nomination, probably followed by Trump Jr, or Cruz or Hawley.  Romney might get drummed out of the party.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:23 pm