Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Impeachment - New Thread

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Impeachment - New Thread Empty Impeachment - New Thread

Post by blondy28 Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:29 pm

Might as well start a new one.  Matt Gaetz is a special kind of evil.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Impeachment - New Thread Empty Re: Impeachment - New Thread

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:08 pm

He is, but I think I've become super cynical because it just doesn't even phase me anymore.  He's just a lowlife and I just shrug when I see him.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:50 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:He is, but I think I've become super cynical because it just doesn't even phase me anymore.  He's just a lowlife and I just shrug when I see him.

I see that your congresswoman is undecided.  Your district is swing for sure.  They say mine is too, but Sean Casten's victory was by a much wider margin, and Jeanne Ives is going to probably come out of the Republican primary and she's so awful, I don't think she's got a shot.  Hillary won our district decisively.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:20 am

I can't really imagine Underwood voting no on impeachment. She is prob just selling that notion the way Sue Collins does.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:16 pm

So I've heard that it takes 51 votes to call a witness in the senate trial, so the GOP would be able to deny all the Dem's witness while calling their own witnesses.  I think, though, that you can appeal to the judge (Roberts) on the ruling, and I suspect that he will be a pretty fair guy.  Not sure how McConnell and Lindsey take the oath about impartiality after the comments they've publically made...especially McConnell, who said he's coordinating the defense with the White House.  That would kinda be like the defendent in a criminal trial coordinating his defense with the jury.  

If recusals are handled in government in the same manner as they are in condo world.  When I have a question on recusal, I call the attorney, and she will tell me how it should be done, but there's no recourse if the board member refuses to recuse.  I would imagine the same would apply.  And I would think it would come up and the dems would request recusal and John Roberts will rule (again, I'm assuming that once the trial starts, it's a basic trial.)

There's some strategy whereby the house votes to impeach and they don't immediately send it to the senate.  I've heard that the Parnas guy may have a story to tell, and that may take a couple months to negotiate.  I guess that makes me think of another question.  If the dems don't get 51 voting in favor of their witnesses, can they just submit an affadavit, let's say from John Bolton, and have it read into the record without having him testify?  If they could, I would think that would compel the GOP to allow him to testify so that they can at least cross.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:28 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:He is, but I think I've become super cynical because it just doesn't even phase me anymore.  He's just a lowlife and I just shrug when I see him.

I see that your congresswoman is undecided.  Your district is swing for sure.  They say mine is too, but Sean Casten's victory was by a much wider margin, and Jeanne Ives is going to probably come out of the Republican primary and she's so awful, I don't think she's got a shot.  Hillary won our district decisively.

Jeannie Ives...the whore who thought Bruce Rauner was too liberal.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:20 pm

blondy28 wrote:So I've heard that it takes 51 votes to call a witness in the senate trial, so the GOP would be able to deny all the Dem's witness while calling their own witnesses.  I think, though, that you can appeal to the judge (Roberts) on the ruling, and I suspect that he will be a pretty fair guy.  Not sure how McConnell and Lindsey take the oath about impartiality after the comments they've publically made...especially McConnell, who said he's coordinating the defense with the White House.  That would kinda be like the defendent in a criminal trial coordinating his defense with the jury.  

If recusals are handled in government in the same manner as they are in condo world.  When I have a question on recusal, I call the attorney, and she will tell me how it should be done, but there's no recourse if the board member refuses to recuse.  I would imagine the same would apply.  And I would think it would come up and the dems would request recusal and John Roberts will rule (again, I'm assuming that once the trial starts, it's a basic trial.)

There's some strategy whereby the house votes to impeach and they don't immediately send it to the senate.  I've heard that the Parnas guy may have a story to tell, and that may take a couple months to negotiate.  I guess that makes me think of another question.  If the dems don't get 51 voting in favor of their witnesses, can they just submit an affadavit, let's say from John Bolton, and have it read into the record without having him testify?  If they could, I would think that would compel the GOP to allow him to testify so that they can at least cross.

I'm not sure they can really pull off calling witnesses and denying the Dems of the same.  That'd be viewed pretty negatively by the general public and I think there are senators that wouldn't stand for that.  If they try that, Pelosi will just pull back and continue with the House handling of this thing, interviewing more witnesses, issuing subpoenas to Bolton, Mulvaney, Rudy, etc.  shit, they might even bring in Parnas.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:54 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:So I've heard that it takes 51 votes to call a witness in the senate trial, so the GOP would be able to deny all the Dem's witness while calling their own witnesses.  I think, though, that you can appeal to the judge (Roberts) on the ruling, and I suspect that he will be a pretty fair guy.  Not sure how McConnell and Lindsey take the oath about impartiality after the comments they've publically made...especially McConnell, who said he's coordinating the defense with the White House.  That would kinda be like the defendent in a criminal trial coordinating his defense with the jury.  

I'm not sure they can really pull off calling witnesses and denying the Dems of the same.  That'd be viewed pretty negatively by the general public and I think there are senators that wouldn't stand for that.  If they try that, Pelosi will just pull back and continue with the House handling of this thing, interviewing more witnesses, issuing subpoenas to Bolton, Mulvaney, Rudy, etc.  shit, they might even bring in Parnas.

I think they'd do it AND pull it off, claiming that the House refuse their witnesses, so they're just responding in kind.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:19 pm

Michael Steele - "Ok Trump's impeachment has just been compared to the trial of Jesus--yeah, that one. I'm going to have another gin & tonic now. A little less tonic this time."
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:47 pm

And now some knucklehead compared the impeachment of Trump to Pearl Harbor. WTF?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:25 am

Dems are Pontius Pilate. People on the right are eating this shit up.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:47 am

alohafri wrote:
    Michael Steele - "Ok Trump's impeachment has just been compared to the trial of Jesus--yeah, that one. I'm going to have another gin & tonic now. A little less tonic this time."

That sounds like Michael Steele.  Funny how many Repubs are against this idiot president if they're outside of Congress, but Congress will not dare cross that line.  This is a cross they'll have to bear for the remainders of their careers, and I promise you that every idiot that has supported him will have to wear that forever.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:41 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

That sounds like Michael Steele.  Funny how many Repubs are against this idiot president if they're outside of Congress, but Congress will not dare cross that line.  This is a cross they'll have to bear for the remainders of their careers, and I promise you that every idiot that has supported him will have to wear that forever.

Another one decided not to seek reelection...Mark Meadows.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 3:14 pm