Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
cream919
blondy28
6 posters

Anyone think impeachment would be worse than this???

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Anyone think impeachment would be worse than this??? Empty Anyone think impeachment would be worse than this???

Post by blondy28 Thu May 16, 2019 5:07 pm

In prior posts, some have suggested...or maybe outright said...that Republicans would be thrilled if the Dems sought to impeach.  Is there anything that makes the dems look worse than what's going on now...with the Republican's doing everything but actually tearing up subpoena's in the dems' faces while laughing hysterically.  The only way that dems recovery from this if they don't impeach would be if we ended up in a war with Iran (which is looking more likely to happen), and even then, I'm not convinced.  Everyone thought the Iraq war would have prevented Bush from getting another term (cue Swiftboaters).  Perhaps the only thing that made my head explode more than this constitutional crisis was the woman on the radio today from Alabama that said that the stand by their abortion law because the debate on when life begins is "science".  SCIENCE?  SCIENCE?  The climate change denying, creationism folks are playing the science card???
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Anyone think impeachment would be worse than this??? Empty Re: Anyone think impeachment would be worse than this???

Post by cream919 Thu May 16, 2019 10:58 pm

Even if the democrats pursue impeachment it's an unloaded gun. A trial would be held in the Republican controlled senate with a two-thirds super majority needed to convict and remove the president from office. Monkeys will fly out of Trump's ass before that happens and Nancy Pelosi knows this. As unpopular as her stance is with progressives, it's the correct one.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Anyone think impeachment would be worse than this??? Empty Re: Anyone think impeachment would be worse than this???

Post by blondy28 Fri May 17, 2019 2:15 pm

cream919 wrote:Even if the democrats pursue impeachment it's an unloaded gun. A trial would be held in the Republican controlled senate with a two-thirds super majority needed to convict and remove the president from office. Monkeys will fly out of Trump's ass before that happens and Nancy Pelosi knows this. As unpopular as her stance is with progressives, it's the correct one.

Yes, I get that the Republicans control the senate and that if it came out that Trump did as he said and shot someone on 5th Avenue that they still wouldn't vote to remove him.  What I'm not getting here is how not impeaching is advantageous.  I see absolutely nothing about the Dems being Charlie Brown to the Republicans' Lucy that is gaining them anything.  They're looking weaker and weaker, and I'm about ready to jump off the bandwagon, because with them packing the courts, I'm pretty much screwed anyway, as are my kids.  If they don't grow a set, I'm sitting out 2020.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri May 17, 2019 3:16 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    cream919 wrote:Even if the democrats pursue impeachment it's an unloaded gun. A trial would be held in the Republican controlled senate with a two-thirds super majority needed to convict and remove the president from office. Monkeys will fly out of Trump's ass before that happens and Nancy Pelosi knows this. As unpopular as her stance is with progressives, it's the correct one.

Yes, I get that the Republicans control the senate and that if it came out that Trump did as he said and shot someone on 5th Avenue that they still wouldn't vote to remove him.  What I'm not getting here is how not impeaching is advantageous.  I see absolutely nothing about the Dems being Charlie Brown to the Republicans' Lucy that is gaining them anything.  They're looking weaker and weaker, and I'm about ready to jump off the bandwagon, because with them packing the courts, I'm pretty much screwed anyway, as are my kids.  If they don't grow a set, I'm sitting out 2020.

Same here, Pam.  I don't really see what's gained by showing yourselves to be a bunch of scared pussies.  The GOP would have impeached Hillary 25 times for this same shit.  They'd message it 24/7 as "Criminal Hillary, lock her up", and whatever other fuckety fuck bullshit they could come up with, and then they would message it endlessly until the whole world believed it was true.  Either impeach him or come out and publicly state that you are dropping the whole fucking thing because you think it's hurting the country to continue pursuing it.  One or the other.  They are just eating the Dems' lunch right now and laughing at their subpoenas and their requests for hearings.  Trump has basically thrown Congress out into the trash and the Dems are laying in the garbage pile flailing around and can't get back on their feet.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri May 17, 2019 3:48 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Same here, Pam.  I don't really see what's gained by showing yourselves to be a bunch of scared pussies.  The GOP would have impeached Hillary 25 times for this same shit.  They'd message it 24/7 as "Criminal Hillary, lock her up", and whatever other fuckety fuck bullshit they could come up with, and then they would message it endlessly until the whole world believed it was true.  Either impeach him or come out and publicly state that you are dropping the whole fucking thing because you think it's hurting the country to continue pursuing it.  One or the other.  They are just eating the Dems' lunch right now and laughing at their subpoenas and their requests for hearings.  Trump has basically thrown Congress out into the trash and the Dems are laying in the garbage pile flailing around and can't get back on their feet.

And it's not just that they're not pursuing impeachment...it's that they are investigating Obama.  All the rallies will be "fully exonerated...as evidenced by Dems not pursuing impeachment, cuz they know I'm innocent, and the investigation was ILLEGAL!  And p.s., "Lock Her Up!"
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Fri May 17, 2019 11:05 pm

So the economy is sailing along and unemployment is almost historically low. There is NO issue more important to the American people than jobs and the economy and with things moving so well....at the moment...Trump is virtually invincible like it or not. Democrats would be shooting themselves in the foot by moving to impeach and playing right into the republican's hands. Pray the economy takes a downturn...then you'll have a horse of a different color. Until then...it's a bad idea.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri May 17, 2019 11:22 pm

cream919 wrote:So the economy is sailing along and unemployment is almost historically low. There is NO issue more important to the American people than jobs and the economy and with things moving so well....at the moment...Trump is virtually invincible like it or not. Democrats would be shooting themselves in the foot by moving to impeach and playing right into the republican's hands. Pray the economy takes a downturn...then you'll have a horse of a different color. Until then...it's a bad idea.

The economy is sailing along for you.  It's not for me.  My taxes went up 5%.  We lost our reimbursement of our deductible, so I pretty much don't have healthcare.  And a couple weeks ago...just because we needed an extra kick to the groin...we **barely** exceeded the threshold that qualified my kids for an Illinois college grant.  They each got $5,000...so that's $15,000, plus whatever tuition increase each college implements for the upcoming school year.  Which of my kids should drop out?  How do I tell my daughter that she can't study abroad in France next year?  

The economy isn't that much stronger than it was in 2016...but Trump convinced dumb folks that the 4.8% unemployment was really 40%.  So get some dems will balls...the "walk and chew gum caucus".  They can impeach Trump and pass meaningful legislation (that McConnell will never vote for) and the presidential candidates can convince the 7 million Obama voters who voter for Trump that the economy ain't all that great...not if you're a middle class family with 3 kids in college.  My family was the one that was going to be getting the help, right?  Middle class, working class, struggling?  I got shit, and I'm not the only one.  And polls show that healthcare, not jobs, are the number one issue with voters.  You have yet to tell me how the Republicans pointing and laughing and saying "what subpoena" and tearing it up in the dems face is going to help them.  If you think a tanking economy is the only chance the dems have, then fuck it...all the more reason to drag the crime family through an impeachment on live television.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sat May 18, 2019 7:25 pm

If they don't grow a set, I'm sitting out 2020.

Blondy, I'm helping you out - 

Mitch McConnell, 317 Russell Senate Office Building, Washington, DC 20510
    Donald Trump, 1600 Pennsylvania avenue, Washington, DC 20510
    Fox News Headquarters is 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY.

- Just go ahead and send a message that their coup has worked and you have gotten so sick of it, you are just going to give up and that you are the first one to do exactly what they want all of us to do - just say fuck it . … 
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat May 18, 2019 8:05 pm

sharpy wrote:If they don't grow a set, I'm sitting out 2020.

Blondy, I'm helping you out - 

Mitch McConnell, 317 Russell Senate Office Building, Washington, DC 20510
    Donald Trump, 1600 Pennsylvania avenue, Washington, DC 20510
    Fox News Headquarters is 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY.

- Just go ahead and send a message that their coup has worked and you have gotten so sick of it, you are just going to give up and that you are the first one to do exactly what they want all of us to do - just say fuck it . … 

I'm in Illinois.  It's not going red any more than that fat ass Pritzker was going to lose to Rauner because I didn't vote for him.  But we can avoid all of that if Nancy Pelosi would just grow a set.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sat May 18, 2019 11:04 pm

The economy is sailing along for you. 

***************************************************************************************

For the most part I align on your side things and even keep my mouth shut even when I think you're sometimes flying off the rails. I've supported you and even admired you in your struggle with cancer and other issues you contend with. But now you're starting to piss me off. How in the blue fuck do you know how I'm doing in today's economy? Knowing the professions of my friends on this board I'd venture that my income is quite a bit less than theirs? Do I begrudge them this or make an issue out of it? Do you presume to know  my salary? I might humbly suggest you do some research on probation officer salaries in Indiana...rest assured nobody's living on nob hill.  

All we do on here is express our opinions...and what makes you think I hate Trump any less than you do? Just because I don't agree with you on the topic of impeachment doesn't mean I'm wrong or right but it's MY opinion and if you don't like it then fuck off! And BTW...I'm facing retirement in a year or so and scared shitless about how I'm going to cover MY meds...or do you think that's only YOUR issue? But don't take my word for it, why don't you ask the good doctors on here how much remicade infusions costs...which I have to get six times a year!!!

"It's the economy stupid!" Or haven't you heard that? You know what? It's true. In my view the best way to go after Trump is focusing on winning more House seats and hopefully taking over the Senate. You get both houses in congress and you cut the fucker off at the heels should he win again. But what do I know?

And oh yeah...sit out 2020...see how that works out for ya. 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue May 21, 2019 7:11 am

Now McGahn has been ordered not to testify to Congress, since he will clearly spill lots of ugly shit about Trump. I'm done. Either open an impeachment inquiry or drop all of the inquiry bullshit. They ain't gonna comply with subpoenas. They are laughing at this shit. Impeach, to show that this isn't acceptable, or move on and drop it. I have my preference, but will live with either.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue May 21, 2019 7:19 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Now McGahn has been ordered not to testify to Congress, since he will clearly spill lots of ugly shit about Trump.  I'm done.  Either open an impeachment inquiry or drop all of the inquiry bullshit.  They ain't gonna comply with subpoenas. They are laughing at this shit.  Impeach, to show that this isn't acceptable, or move on and drop it.  I have my preference, but will live with either.

McGahn will testify. He's just waiting for a judge to order it so he can say "I had no choice".
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue May 21, 2019 7:57 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Now McGahn has been ordered not to testify to Congress, since he will clearly spill lots of ugly shit about Trump.  I'm done.  Either open an impeachment inquiry or drop all of the inquiry bullshit.  They ain't gonna comply with subpoenas. They are laughing at this shit.  Impeach, to show that this isn't acceptable, or move on and drop it.  I have my preference, but will live with either.

McGahn will testify. He's just waiting for a judge to order it so he can say "I had no choice".

We'll see.  I sure hope you're right.  Just seems to me that in the end this guy always wins out and for whatever reason his cronies always stick by him and support him through everything.
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Tue May 21, 2019 11:11 am

alohafri wrote:

I kind of think that will happen. His lawyer said he was hoping for an agreement between WH & the committee (lots of luck there)
    I think they do OK with a judge. The argument is that he has already waived the privilege by allowing McGan to talk for THIRTY hours with Mueller.
    McGan may also be leery because his firm does a to of work for Republicans-and Trump has made noise in the past about not using them.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue May 21, 2019 5:06 pm

Talk on this right now is that the caucus is now pressing Pelosi hard for impeachment process to begin as a counter measure to the refusing to testify and refusing all subpoenas by the administration.  Sounds like it used to be a mixed opinion on this in the caucus, but now it's becoming unified.  Might not be much longer.  I guess if they do go the impeachment route, they will get all of the evidence they want and then guys like McGahn will be brought in to testify without the threat of him refusing.  At least, that's how it sounds to me.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed May 22, 2019 8:24 pm

cream919 wrote:The economy is sailing along for you. 

***************************************************************************************

For the most part I align on your side things and even keep my mouth shut even when I think you're sometimes flying off the rails. I've supported you and even admired you in your struggle with cancer and other issues you contend with. But now you're starting to piss me off. How in the blue fuck do you know how I'm doing in today's economy? Knowing the professions of my friends on this board I'd venture that my income is quite a bit less than theirs? Do I begrudge them this or make an issue out of it? Do you presume to know  my salary? I might humbly suggest you do some research on probation officer salaries in Indiana...rest assured nobody's living on nob hill.  

Sometimes flying off the rails?  I'd say I'm virtually almost always flying off the rails in my posts.  In terms of the economy, I make that statement relatively, not really comparatively.  I certainly don't know how anyone's personal economics have changed since the enormous orange idiot took office, but I would think most people view it through their own personal lens.  I've made no secret about the specific things that make my personal situation much worse than it was in 2016, and I know many are in the same boat.  The point I've made many times is how does Trump convince people in 2016 that the unemployment rate was actually 40%, not the 4.8% that it actually was.  If it was actually 40%, his supporters would be out of work, or they would know someone who was.  That's why I question the economy argument.  Because I guarantee that all those morons who go to his rallies believe that the economy in 2016 was horrible and that Trump has turned it around.  And I can just about guarantee that most of those people haven't seen much of a change in their personal situations or that of people they know, yet they believe Trump has made sweeping economic improvements.    

All we do on here is express our opinions...and what makes you think I hate Trump any less than you do? Just because I don't agree with you on the topic of impeachment doesn't mean I'm wrong or right but it's MY opinion and if you don't like it then fuck off! And BTW...I'm facing retirement in a year or so and scared shitless about how I'm going to cover MY meds...or do you think that's only YOUR issue? But don't take my word for it, why don't you ask the good doctors on here how much remicade infusions costs...which I have to get six times a year!!!

"It's the economy stupid!" Or haven't you heard that? You know what? It's true. In my view the best way to go after Trump is focusing on winning more House seats and hopefully taking over the Senate. You get both houses in congress and you cut the fucker off at the heels should he win again. But what do I know?

I don't begrudge you your opinion.   In fact, I respect your opinion a hell of a lot.   And I totally appreciate your fears about our healthcare.  There's no reason you should have to worry about how to pay for your infusions.  Nobody should have to worry about healthcare costs.  

I agree about taking over senate.  I mentioned that in another post that getting McConnell outta there is perhaps more important than getting Trump and his crime family out.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed May 22, 2019 9:10 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I kind of think that will happen. His lawyer said he was hoping for an agreement between WH & the committee (lots of luck there)
    I think they do OK with a judge. The argument is that he has already waived the privilege by allowing McGan to talk for THIRTY hours with Mueller.
    McGan may also be leery because his firm does a to of work for Republicans-and Trump has made noise in the past about not using them.

I guess I don't get it.  I understand they are ignoring the subpoenas and spitting on Congress, however, if I ignore a subpoena don't a couple of big strong armed cops come to my door and lead me out in handcuffs?  Doesn't Congress have any recourse to send the FBI after this fucker and arrest his ass? 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed May 22, 2019 10:00 pm

sharpy wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I guess I don't get it.  I understand they are ignoring the subpoenas and spitting on Congress, however, if I ignore a subpoena don't a couple of big strong armed cops come to my door and lead me out in handcuffs?  Doesn't Congress have any recourse to send the FBI after this fucker and arrest his ass? 

They can, but if they're going to arrest someone with security detail, they'll need to get through that security detail, which is why they can't likely get to Trump Jr. or Barr.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu May 23, 2019 6:09 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    sharpy wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

They can, but if they're going to arrest someone with security detail, they'll need to get through that security detail, which is why they can't likely get to Trump Jr. or Barr.

I know I'm about to ask a question about how stuff is supposed to be done, but if law enforcement has a warrant to arrest someone, how can security detail prevent that?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:14 pm