Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

I'm being treated worse than Lincoln

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

I'm being treated worse than Lincoln Empty I'm being treated worse than Lincoln

Post by alohafri Mon May 04, 2020 11:41 am

Does he know what happened to Lincoln? I'm waiting for the "I'm being treated worse than Jesus Christ." You know that Franklin Graham would say, "he has a point."
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

I'm being treated worse than Lincoln Empty Re: I'm being treated worse than Lincoln

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon May 04, 2020 9:11 pm

I'm thinking maybe Donald hasn't gotten to the final page of his Abe Lincoln flip book yet.  

Kev, I sometimes think about this and how you fit into this thought process.  If someone voted for Trump because they are conservative or republican and they did it only because they like his GOP policies and stance on abortion, then I actually DO understand that.  What I can't follow is that anyone would openly admit to liking him or admit to supporting him.  If you voted for him but pretended to not like him, I'd at least understand that.  What I can't really grasp is anyone that's willing to be associated with supporting an imbecile like that.  Even if you REALLY LIKE the guy, shouldn't you still be smart enough not to admit it?  I'm bewildered by all of this.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

I'm being treated worse than Lincoln Empty Re: I'm being treated worse than Lincoln

Post by blondy28 Tue May 05, 2020 9:24 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I'm thinking maybe Donald hasn't gotten to the final page of his Abe Lincoln flip book yet.  

Kev, I sometimes think about this and how you fit into this thought process.  If someone voted for Trump because they are conservative or republican and they did it only because they like his GOP policies and stance on abortion, then I actually DO understand that.  What I can't follow is that anyone would openly admit to liking him or admit to supporting him.  If you voted for him but pretended to not like him, I'd at least understand that.  What I can't really grasp is anyone that's willing to be associated with supporting an imbecile like that.  Even if you REALLY LIKE the guy, shouldn't you still be smart enough not to admit it?  I'm bewildered by all of this.

I'm with you.  Boggles the mind.  Before he ever decided to enter politics he was a clown, with the worst combover you'd ever seen, and skin tinted orange.  Then you see him taking part in the GOP debates, and if you ever wondered if he was an ill-educated buffoon who have zero common sense and lacked manners of any kind, you got the proof.  The people that are so much behind him that they didn't see what a shit show his briefings were.  And his defenders still defended him even after the bleach fiasco.  Well, now it seems he will be disbanding the task force and that he'll just be visiting red states that support him so he can have a slightest appearance of competence.  His cult members have spit on people who told them to wear masks, shot one person in the head, killing him, and some whackjob from Peoria drove to New York to kill Joe Biden because he's part of the pedophile sex ring.  Who things this is normal?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed May 06, 2020 8:56 am

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:I'm thinking maybe Donald hasn't gotten to the final page of his Abe Lincoln flip book yet.  

I'm with you.  Boggles the mind.  Before he ever decided to enter politics he was a clown, with the worst combover you'd ever seen, and skin tinted orange.  Then you see him taking part in the GOP debates, and if you ever wondered if he was an ill-educated buffoon who have zero common sense and lacked manners of any kind, you got the proof.  The people that are so much behind him that they didn't see what a shit show his briefings were.  And his defenders still defended him even after the bleach fiasco.  Well, now it seems he will be disbanding the task force and that he'll just be visiting red states that support him so he can have a slightest appearance of competence.  His cult members have spit on people who told them to wear masks, shot one person in the head, killing him, and some whackjob from Peoria drove to New York to kill Joe Biden because he's part of the pedophile sex ring.  Who things this is normal?

The cult thinks it's normal.  Reminds me of when Trump noted during the campaign that the uneducateds love him.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed May 06, 2020 4:36 pm

I follow a lot of "never-Trumpers" on Twitter. Many of them are telling very similar stories...their uncle, aunt, father, mother, whoever, voted for Trump, because he wasn't Hillary, because they liked him, because of his (alleged) stance on abortion. But they have come to the realization that the man is a complete idiot and will vote for Biden in November, for the same reason they used in 2016...because he isn't Trump.

Interesting trend on Twitter has been #trumpisnotaconservative. It seems as if the only ones supporting him now are those who are in too deep. Real conservatives are realizing that Trump was never one of them.

And as you know, I wrote in Kasich. Had the morons voted for Kasich, they still could have had some of their judges. (Yes, Sharpy, I know he wasn't a favorite of yours, however...)
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu May 07, 2020 10:40 am

alohafri wrote:

I follow a lot of "never-Trumpers" on Twitter. Many of them are telling very similar stories...their uncle, aunt, father, mother, whoever, voted for Trump, because he wasn't Hillary, because they liked him, because of his (alleged) stance on abortion. But they have come to the realization that the man is a complete idiot and will vote for Biden in November, for the same reason they used in 2016...because he isn't Trump.

Interesting trend on Twitter has been #trumpisnotaconservative. It seems as if the only ones supporting him now are those who are in too deep. Real conservatives are realizing that Trump was never one of them.

And as you know, I wrote in Kasich. Had the morons voted for Kasich, they still could have had some of their judges. (Yes, Sharpy, I know he wasn't a favorite of yours, however...)

Kasich isn't a favorite of anyone that considers himself even slightly progressive, but he's still a favorite of mine among conservatives.  He passes the reasonability test.  He comes across as a guy whose ideology is still founded in what he believes is best for the nation, rather than himself, his kids' fortunes, and his reelection.  We can all disagree or agree about his ideology, but I at least trust his motivations, and I suspect Tim probably does, too, but I'll let him speak for himself.  He's also an intelligent guy that has probably read a book or two.

Like you note, many Trump voters are in super deep with him.  They fought for him.  Put signs in their yard.  Defended him.  They are NOT about to go in reverse and suffer the tsk tsk's of liberal shamers, so they hold firm and dig themselves deeper into a pile Trump shit.  Their wagon is hitched to him and they'll go over the cliff in flames with him if they have to.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Fri May 08, 2020 6:14 pm

(Yes, Sharpy, I know he wasn't a favorite of yours, however...)

I've said this before , but I'll repeat it. Altho you may think I am to the left of Bernie Sanders and Noah Chomsky, I remind you that I did vote for: gerald ford - thought he was a good man; George HW Bush - who I also thought was a a real American who cared deeply about this country; for GW Bush (2nd Term) b/c he did nothing wrong in his first term and got the short end of the stick. I did not vote for Ronald Reagan, who I believe is Satan and who is responsible for the state this country is in today. Did not vote for GW Bush initially, nor the GOPers who ran against Obama, who I feel, with the odds he had against him, is the greatest president of my time.  So out ot 10 elections in my time, I voted for 3 GOP, 6 Dems and  1 independent, John Anderson in 1980. And before Obama, it was 4-3-1 Democratic votes. That's pretty middle of the fuckin' road. But here's the difference between the GOP of before and the GOP now - the GOPers I voted for respected the constitution, the bill of right, the freedom of the press, the sanctity of the SCOTUS and for precedents set forth by that court, and for the underlying principle of what this country stood for - even if I didn't agree with them on gay rights, on abortion, on trickle down economics etc - I didn't have to WORRY about whether there would be a constitution in 8 yrs. Or whether their SCOTUS nominees would be radical right wingers - they were all in the middle of the roaders .. with a tilt to the right ..  So if Kasich would have won in 2016 over Hilary, would I have been disappointed ? sure, would I have been pissed that woman are still the "N" of the world? yes.  But would I have worried the constitution would end up being a distant memory? that a racist, women hating bigot would be in charge? that armed militia men taking over the capital of Michigan would be described as "good people", that the most corrupt government in our history could become dictatorial and destroy all that i have known and took for granted for my entire life , and that the USA, a bastion of human rights and freedom could become the fucking laughing stock of the world?  no- i wouldn't .. but i do now.  So if allowing the next president to be one that is maintaining abortion rights, and preserving the civil rights of every LGBQT etc person in the world will guarantee that this country remains what it has been for 200+ years - bring that person on - 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri May 08, 2020 9:16 pm

Precisely, Tim.  I don't have to be fully aligned with someone's ideology to accept him and respect him as my president.  This is the first president I've not respected.  The amazing thing to me is that I still think Trump has a great chance to win in 2020.  He's not on solid footing right now, but if the quarantine is lifted and we begin moving in a good economic direction, he'll immediately be a 50/50 bet to win, especially when you consider his control of the courts if the election is close.  You've always been pretty open about having back and forth political leanings during your life.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:46 am