Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

"Worse than Watergate!"

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

"Worse than Watergate!" Empty "Worse than Watergate!"

Post by blondy28 Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:25 pm

Only if Watergate was a big nothing burger.

So I was curious about the FISA court, and did a yahoo search.  Couldn't find what I was looking for...which is, does this operate like a regular court?  I mean, the GOP is griping that the application for the warrant didn't include information that they believe demonstrated bias.  So does the judge approve/deny the warrant based strictly on the application, or does someone appear before the judge to answer questions?  I mean, although my research didn't tell me exactly how the court works, I did see that John Roberts appoints all the judges that approve/deny the warrants.  Can't imagine that Roberts appointees would just willy nilly authorize wire tapping based on a Clinton witch hunt.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

"Worse than Watergate!" Empty Re: "Worse than Watergate!"

Post by alohafri Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:03 am

blondy28 wrote:Only if Watergate was a big nothing burger.

So I was curious about the FISA court, and did a yahoo search.  Couldn't find what I was looking for...which is, does this operate like a regular court?  I mean, the GOP is griping that the application for the warrant didn't include information that they believe demonstrated bias.  So does the judge approve/deny the warrant based strictly on the application, or does someone appear before the judge to answer questions?  I mean, although my research didn't tell me exactly how the court works, I did see that John Roberts appoints all the judges that approve/deny the warrants.  Can't imagine that Roberts appointees would just willy nilly authorize wire tapping based on a Clinton witch hunt.

According to the great Judge Jeanne Pirro, the FISA court is the most important court we have other than the Supreme Court. Of course she didn't mention "other than the Supreme Court" until about five minutes into her diatribe about how great the FISA court is.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:42 am

alohafri wrote:

According to the great Judge Jeanne Pirro, the FISA court is the most important court we have other than the Supreme Court. Of course she didn't mention "other than the Supreme Court" until about five minutes into her diatribe about how great the FISA court is.

Is it me or does Pirro seem drunk most of the time?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:06 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Jeannie the Angry Drunk Woman (with apologies to Howard Stern). I know that being non-biased isn't important to these people, but how can anyone take someone seriously when she says she counts Donald Trump as one of her closest friends? And I'm not saying that as a reflection on Trump. If I counted my principal as one of my closest friends, how can I assume he is giving me an honest assessment of my teaching abilities?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:14 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Jeannie the Angry Drunk Woman (with apologies to Howard Stern). I know that being non-biased isn't important to these people, but how can anyone take someone seriously when she says she counts Donald Trump as one of her closest friends? And I'm not saying that as a reflection on Trump. If I counted my principal as one of my closest friends, how can I assume he is giving me an honest assessment of my teaching abilities?

I don't really get it.  Are there people that think she's credible?  What reasons exist that I should ever give a shit what she thinks?  I saw a recent segment she did where she wandering around Hillary's town of residence actually LOOKING for Ms. Clinton.  Why, I'm not sure, but maybe she was going to barrage her with difficult questions or accusations or something.  This business of carrying on about her as if she won the presidency and needs to be impeached, jailed and harassed strikes me as one of the nuttiest and most asinine political situations I've ever witnessed.  Granted, I'm just 52 and have missed 300 yrs of American/Colonial politics, but this is fucking nuts. It's understandable that several people find her distasteful, untrustworthy, dirty, cunning, and so forth, but these calls for jailing her are based on unfounded bullshit.  Utterly amazing.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:19 pm

So something else about this whole memo thing occurred to me.  Let's say that the process for the FISA warrant wasn't followed.  Doesn't that just make the evidence from the wiretaps inadmissible?  Or at worst, mean that the charges against Page have to be dropped?  I'm thinking in terms of other criminals getting off on technicalities, like failure to read someone their rights.  My point is, let's say Carter Page skates.  How does the GOP then claim that there was no crime?  If a murderer gets off because of a technicality, he doesn't cease to be a murderer.  It seems like the GOP is trying to claim that the supposed breach of process means that Page is innocent and that the FISA stuff "vindicates" Trump.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:38 pm

I don't think there's even any expectation of a charge or charges against Page.  He's kind of a weird dude, but it doesn't seem evident that he broke any laws from my perspective.  I find him very amusing and kind of likable.  Weird as fuck, but maybe an ok dude.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:47 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I don't think there's even any expectation of a charge or charges against Page.  He's kind of a weird dude, but it doesn't seem evident that he broke any laws from my perspective.  I find him very amusing and kind of likable.  Weird as fuck, but maybe an ok dude.

That makes my point even stronger.  Like I said, let's even pretend that Page's rights were violated.  How does that vindicate Trump?  How does that prove he didn't collude with Russia?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:12 pm

It doesn't, obviously.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:29 am

Next question.  Ryan keeps talking about how oversight of the court is congress' job.  So does that mean that if there are improprieties, their proper course of action is to release memos to the pubic?  Seems to me that oversight power means that there are consequences that they would then enact.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:34 am

Ryan's going to do whatever Donald wants him to do.  Ryan's going to protect Donald and protect the party.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:16 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Ryan's going to do whatever Donald wants him to do.  Ryan's going to protect Donald and protect the party.

Well, yeah.  My greater point was let's say that there was actually a breach in the process.  What action(s) would congress take/be authorized to take in such a legitimate case?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:22 pm

So we watched the GOP plan play out.  GOP voted unanimously to release the Democratic memo, so the morons out there who watch Fox can claim that the GOP is in favor of full disclosure and transparency, when clearly they knew Trump wouldn't authorize release.  And now with  Rachel Brand gone, and Rosenstein surely to be fired, the next in line at the GOP with be this generations Robert Bork, and he will fire Mueller, and all these criminals will skate.  I've said this before, but I'll say it again.  The country is fucked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm