Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
sharpy
SoxIlliniRob
6 posters

Impeach

cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Impeach - Page 2 Empty Re: Impeach

Post by cream919 Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:57 pm

And does anyone want to take bets as to when Rudy has a chest-grabber? 

If he does he wouldn't know it until about a week later. 
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:19 am

I miss a lot going to bed at 5:00.  Is it possible that Trump won't resign?  I can't imagine that there won't be a mass resignation, including, at the very least, Trump, Pompeo, and Barr.  Polls in favor of not only impeachment, but removal from office, are climbing by the day.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:59 am

blondy28 wrote:I miss a lot going to bed at 5:00.  Is it possible that Trump won't resign?  I can't imagine that there won't be a mass resignation, including, at the very least, Trump, Pompeo, and Barr.  Polls in favor of not only impeachment, but removal from office, are climbing by the day.

As far as I'm concerned, those three have all committed felonies in this process, along with abusing power.  Shit, Barr is chasing conspiracy theories around Europe with an espoused Nazi right now.  This administration is a fucking joke and going further down the toilet every day.  People thought Sharpy and Cream were being alarmist.  I think maybe they were underselling how much we should have been concerned.  The corruption and daily illegality is literally breathtaking in its brazenness.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:39 pm

Trump will not resign. He knows that if he resigns, barring a full pardon from Pence on presidential and non-presidential "activities", he will go to prison. He knows he needs a second term.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:20 pm

Seeing on the news how fucking hard Trump administration is working to obfuscate any and all documents or testimony about the Ukraine call.  Pompeo and Barr are doing everything in their arsenal to block any subpoenas and testimony.  Something tells me there is some tremendously damaging shit being hidden.  Seems to me like cracks are forming and shit's about to get REALLY good!  Pompeo is going down, I believe.  Barr is likely going down, too.  Not sure the cult will ever turn on Trump, but you can see shit building.....
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:50 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Seeing on the news how fucking hard Trump administration is working to obfuscate any and all documents or testimony about the Ukraine call.  Pompeo and Barr are doing everything in their arsenal to block any subpoenas and testimony.  Something tells me there is some tremendously damaging shit being hidden.  Seems to me like cracks are forming and shit's about to get REALLY good!  Pompeo is going down, I believe.  Barr is likely going down, too.  Not sure the cult will ever turn on Trump, but you can see shit building.....

Wake me when Kark and Hannity break bad on Trump.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:58 pm

Guess I could put this in this thread.  So Trump tweeted a picture of Biden and his son golfing with a Ukraine oil guy preceded by a clip of Joe said he never discussed his foreign business dealings.  Are we to assume that they talked business on the golf course?  I suppose it's possible.  But I can tell you that the one thing that I NEVER talk about at business events is business.  Even at non-business events at which business people may be...no business talk.  One of my long-time contractors, who I've known since 2003, became a pretty good friend.  Each year he would buy Cubs' tickets from my husband's friend, who had season tickets.  We would do the "ticket exchange" over a very expensive dinner...the 6 of us (3 couples)...that he would buy.  After one of those dinners we went to watch my dad at Karaoke.  We also went to karaoke for one of my birthdays, and my friend John and my dad were both there with our group.  We never talked about business.  Ever.  I'd say the Biden picture is as much proof of wrongdoing as the picture of Trump with his accused rapist, which was released after Trump said he'd never met the woman.  

I'm going to have to find the footage of Trump's off-the-rails press conference.  I understand that he was even more unglued than usual.  The poor Finland guy probably felt like an idiot watching Trump acting like such a ridiculous lunatic.

Last edited by blondy28 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:08 pm

Bidens' golfing with Ukrainian president means nothing at all.  Perfectly legal.  If some kind of crime was committed, then someone ought to lay that out.  They are just screaming about Biden in Ukraine the same way they screamed about Hillary and Benghazi, as if she supposedly did something illegal when she didn't.  I don't care if Joe and Hunter golfed with any world leader, just as I don't care if Trump golfs with some foreign leader.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:29 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Bidens' golfing with Ukrainian president means nothing at all.  Perfectly legal.  If some kind of crime was committed, then someone ought to lay that out.  They are just screaming about Biden in Ukraine the same way they screamed about Hillary and Benghazi, as if she supposedly did something illegal when she didn't.  I don't care if Joe and Hunter golfed with any world leader, just as I don't care if Trump golfs with some foreign leader.

They're claiming that the picture proves that Joe lied when he said he didn't discuss Hunter's business dealings with him.  I think the picture shows 4 people golfed.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:34 am

Meh. Let them claim whatever they want. They claimed Obama was born in Kenya.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:20 am

So the "Ukrainian gas exec" is an American, and there are a shitload of texts outlining quid pro quo.  And on cue, GOP is doubling down, because they're cowards.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:09 am

blondy28 wrote:So the "Ukrainian gas exec" is an American, and there are a shitload of texts outlining quid pro quo.  And on cue, GOP is doubling down, because they're cowards.

Saw that.  Spelled out in clear language that it's quid pro quo.  Couldn't be more blatant, but Trump will bluster his way through it.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:38 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:So the "Ukrainian gas exec" is an American, and there are a shitload of texts outlining quid pro quo.  And on cue, GOP is doubling down, because they're cowards.

Saw that.  Spelled out in clear language that it's quid pro quo.  Couldn't be more blatant, but Trump will bluster his way through it.

He's not going after the Bidens...he's going after corruption, dontcha know?!  As Romney said, "When the only American citizen President Trump singles out for China’s investigation is his political opponent in the midst of the Democratic nomination process, it strains credulity to suggest that it is anything other than politically motivated."
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:55 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

He's not going after the Bidens...he's going after corruption, dontcha know?!  As Romney said, "When the only American citizen President Trump singles out for China’s investigation is his political opponent in the midst of the Democratic nomination process, it strains credulity to suggest that it is anything other than politically motivated."

He says that and he thinks it, but I'll bet you he won't vote to impeach convict.  Buncha cowards.  SNL did a good skit on this, with a guy on a political talk show repeatedly concluding "nuttin's gonna happen" while the other pundits all suggesting this just MAY be Trump's undoing.  

It'd be interesting to see how McCain would handle this if he were still alive and hanging around.  I wonder if he'd go into hiding in the spineless Republicans bunker with the rest of them.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:59 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

He says that and he thinks it, but I'll bet you he won't vote to impeach convict.  Buncha cowards.  SNL did a good skit on this, with a guy on a political talk show repeatedly concluding "nuttin's gonna happen" while the other pundits all suggesting this just MAY be Trump's undoing.  

It'd be interesting to see how McCain would handle this if he were still alive and hanging around.  I wonder if he'd go into hiding in the spineless Republicans bunker with the rest of them.

I'm not so sure about Romney.  I know the big threat is that they will primary those who don't support Trump, but Romney's not going to have to worry about that for, what, about 4 years, assuming he starts campaigning a year or so in advance?   And does Romney need RNC money for his re-election?  I suppose the only true threat would be McConnell withholding something Romney wants for Utah.  

This site shows that Utah's approval ratings of Trump have gone down 30% since his election.  

https://morningconsult.com/tracking-trump-2/

The only states that have seen declines more than 30% are New Mexico, Illinois, New York, and Vermont, none of which went for Trump.

This is a year ago, but certainly the trend has continued.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2018/10/08/no-state-has-seen/
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:42 pm

I don't think Romney has any fear of Trump.  I think Romney, like the rest of them, is afraid of upsetting the Republican apple cart.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:08 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I don't think Romney has any fear of Trump.  I think Romney, like the rest of them, is afraid of upsetting the Republican apple cart.

Perhaps.  Unless Trump's approval ratings in Utah keep plummeting...then he may actually have to have the courage of his convictions.  I think maybe the only thing that keeps him in line is if he has presidential aspirations and he wants to have another bite at the apple.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:28 pm

Another day, another whistleblower.  Seems that the talking point about Trump asking China to investigate Biden is that "it was a joke.  He was trying to rile up the media, and you fell for it!"  

Ron Johnson, senator from Wisconsin, absolutely lost his mind on Meet The Press.

Great thread on twitter about impeachment.

https://twitter.com/Teri_Kanefield/status/1180491234537656322

Yesterday, my congressman, Sean Casten, had "Six for the 6th".  He held 6 townhalls in district, Illinois' 6th.  I watched one of them last night, and there were a few Republicans there who had questions or comments on impeachment.  One guy said "I don't think you should be going after Trump 'on a technicality'".  A technicality?  WTF?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:29 pm

And once...just once...I'd like a journalist, after the GOP guy he/she is interviewing talks about bias in the FBI and CIA and that whistleblower is a registered democrat, so we can't rely on these people who have so much bias that they can't do their jobs, follows by saying "well, you're a Republican, who takes a Republican position, so should the non-Republican citizens disregard your comments, which come from your bias on the situation?
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:08 pm

blondy28 wrote:And once...just once...I'd like a journalist, after the GOP guy he/she is interviewing talks about bias in the FBI and CIA and that whistleblower is a registered democrat, so we can't rely on these people who have so much bias that they can't do their jobs, follows by saying "well, you're a Republican, who takes a Republican position, so should the non-Republican citizens disregard your comments, which come from your bias on the situation?

touche'
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:43 pm

Apparently Trump is not going to participate in impeachment.  Like it's optional.  And I guess it is optional if the dems do nothing more than wag their fingers at these traitors.  

Trump is a complete lunatic.  He's going to destroy Turkey's economy, because he's done it before?  In his "great and unmatched wisdom"?
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:53 pm

And the democrats come off like a bunch of candy asses. Is there an assertive take no prisoners type in the whole fucking bunch?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:57 am

cream919 wrote:And the democrats come off like a bunch of candy asses. Is there an assertive take no prisoners type in the whole fucking bunch?

Of course not.  They remain polite and steadfast, and it accomplishes nothing.  Right now, the only words out of their mouths ought to be "blatant coverup of a crime, blatant coverup of a crime, blatant coverup of a crime....." until they are blue in the face.  Or some derivation of those words.  They have no idea how to message.  It amazes me.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:52 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    cream919 wrote:And the democrats come off like a bunch of candy asses. Is there an assertive take no prisoners type in the whole fucking bunch?

Of course not.  They remain polite and steadfast, and it accomplishes nothing.  Right now, the only words out of their mouths ought to be "blatant coverup of a crime, blatant coverup of a crime, blatant coverup of a crime....." until they are blue in the face.  Or some derivation of those words.  They have no idea how to message.  It amazes me.

Yes...I meant to post something about that last night.  It's RIDICULOUS.  

Turkey began airstrikes a few hours ago.  Is this meant to be a distraction?  I can't imagine it is.  I would think anything meant to be a distraction would involve something that the right would look at as heroic.  This seems to be one thing that the right is losing their minds about.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:06 pm

I would recommend reading the full 15-page opening statement of Ambassador William Taylor.  Pompeo, Rudy, Barr, and Pence are as crooked as you would have thought.  Bolton, however misguided his personal philosophies, acted with the utmost integrity.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:48 pm