Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

2 posters

Queen with Adam Lambert

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Queen with Adam Lambert Empty Queen with Adam Lambert

Post by blondy28 Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:30 pm

Way back in December when tickets to the Queen concert went on sale online, I offered to get them for a group of 4 of us.  I pretty much never buy tickets, so I spazzed and thought I bought 4 and I actually bought two single seats in the same section.  When I realized what I did, I immediately went to Seatgeek and found 4 in that section and they were pretty much listed for face.  I've held onto the two single seats in case someone wanted to join us, figuring they're in the same section and we could shift some seats around to sit together, but nobody was interested, so I decided to just list them on StubHub.  The cheapest seat in that section for resale was $660, but none of the listings were for single seats, and I just wanted to get my money back.  I didn't want to risk being stuck with them.  So I listed each seat, separately, for face plus fees and literally the second I listed them, they were gone.  Someone bought them and immediately relisted them...one for $467 and one for $396.  This is why the resale markup is so damned high!

There are seats in that section and the same row as our 4 seats that are listed for $3131 EACH.  I get that Soldier Field is much bigger and that the Stones played two nights, but the Queen tickets are MUCH more expensive than the Stones on resale.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Queen with Adam Lambert Empty Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Post by sharpy Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:49 pm

Adam Lambert in Queen is like getting tofu in your beef Wellington … 
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:42 pm

sharpy wrote:Adam Lambert in Queen is like getting tofu in your beef Wellington … 

Adam Lambert couldn't fill Freddie Mercury's shoes.  I know there's some guy who sounds exactly like Freddie Mercury, and he sung quite a bit in Bohemian Rhapsody.  He sounds very much like Freddie.  Lambert and Brian May have made very clear that they don't want him to be like Freddie, cuz there was only one Freddie Mercury.  Lambert, for sure, is making it his own.  I'm looking forward to seeing his performance.  He's quite a talent.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:21 pm

Lambert and Brian May have made very clear that they don't want him to be like Freddie,

They have succeeded 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:42 pm