Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

2 posters

My daughter - Impromptu Speech National Gold Award Winner

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

My daughter - Impromptu Speech National Gold Award Winner Empty My daughter - Impromptu Speech National Gold Award Winner

Post by blondy28 Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:54 pm

Went up against upwards of 100 other college speechifiers and she brought home the gold!

My daughter - Impromptu Speech National Gold Award Winner Gab10
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

My daughter - Impromptu Speech National Gold Award Winner Empty Re: My daughter - Impromptu Speech National Gold Award Winner

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:23 am

Yay! I could tell in her other video that she has game.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

My daughter - Impromptu Speech National Gold Award Winner Empty Re: My daughter - Impromptu Speech National Gold Award Winner

Post by blondy28 Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:19 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Yay!  I could tell in her other video that she has game.

She's an excellent public speaker, but the funny thing is that the video I posted was of the her prepared speech (event is "Speech to Entertain), but she actually excelled in the limited prep categories....extemporaneous speaking, impromptu, and debate.   For impromptu they're given 3 quotes from which to choose, then they get 2 minutes of prep to deliver a 5-minute speech.   Extemp is a research-based LP category, so you can a half hour to prepare your speech on a topic they give you, then you deliver a 7-minute speech.  It's really a super impressive thing to watch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:22 am