Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Go Sox - Great Season

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Go Sox - Great Season Empty Go Sox - Great Season

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:06 am

Not meaning to throw off the vibe here and include a Sox post, but holy shit-bird!  What a Sox season in 2022.  I can't recall a more disappointing season so far from expectations.  It sucked to not make the playoffs the year after winning the Series, but at least they were a contending team and won about 90 games that year.  This season has been worse than the history of the Titanic, except for less people dying as a result.  

Where do we start.

TA can't stay healthy.  Can't hustle.  Can't field.  No power.  
    Luis Robert can't stay healthy.  Sometimes doesn't hustle.  Has dizzy spells mid-season.  No power.
    Moncada can't stay healthy.  Can't hit except for a couple of 5-hit games, which pushed him over .200.
    Grandal can't stay healthy (thank god).  Can't hit.  Can't catch.  
    Abreu lost his power.
    Leury can't even perform at his previously meh level.  Career worst season.
    Kopech can't get right and watches his velocity fall all year.  There's still hope, but something seems off.  
    Giolito forgot how to pitch and lost about 3 mph of avg velocity.

I don't know what else to think about this team except that it's a sunken ship and might need to get blowed up real good.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Go Sox - Great Season Empty Re: Go Sox - Great Season

Post by blondy28 Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:54 pm

I think I mentioned that my son Jake...who has hated sports his entire life...has become a Sox FANATIC.  He was actually at the game a few weeks ago that the Sox lost in 11 innings, sitting in SWEET seats courtesy of Bob Odenkirk.   Throughout the game Jake posted to his story, with a final post "the Sox are dead".  Poor kid.  

Surprised your summary didn't mention LaRussa.  Who will be replacing him?  He was awful.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:39 pm

blondy28 wrote:I think I mentioned that my son Jake...who has hated sports his entire life...has become a Sox FANATIC.  He was actually at the game a few weeks ago that the Sox lost in 11 innings, sitting in SWEET seats courtesy of Bob Odenkirk.   Throughout the game Jake posted to his story, with a final post "the Sox are dead".  Poor kid.  

Surprised your summary didn't mention LaRussa.  Who will be replacing him?  He was awful.

No idea who will replace him, but I've never been one to rag on managers much.  Players win and players lose and are paid way too much to blame the manager for the culture.  They make good $$.  They ought to bust ass and hustle.  Thusly, I blame the players and am not generally one to care who manages.  Bring in the next guy, whoever that ends up being.  Not saying the manager doesn't matter.  Just saying I thought this was a dead ass team with too many dogs and too many injuries to win under any manager.  Might be nice to bring in someone who's not in a coma.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:14 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:I think I mentioned that my son Jake...who has hated sports his entire life...has become a Sox FANATIC.  He was actually at the game a few weeks ago that the Sox lost in 11 innings, sitting in SWEET seats courtesy of Bob Odenkirk.   Throughout the game Jake posted to his story, with a final post "the Sox are dead".  Poor kid.  

No idea who will replace him, but I've never been one to rag on managers much.  Players win and players lose and are paid way too much to blame the manager for the culture.  They make good $$.  They ought to bust ass and hustle.  Thusly, I blame the players and am not generally one to care who manages.  Bring in the next guy, whoever that ends up being.  Not saying the manager doesn't matter.  Just saying I thought this was a dead ass team with too many dogs and too many injuries to win under any manager.  Might be nice to bring in someone who's not in a coma.

If I know the White Sox, replacing LaRussa will be either a former White Sox player, or the cheapest guy they can find. And you can't convince me that LaRussa's "health issue" was invented as a way to get him out of the manager's chair and save face.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:24 pm