Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
sharpy
alohafri
6 posters

Covid Drugs

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Covid Drugs Empty Covid Drugs

Post by alohafri Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:31 am

I hear they are having tremendous results with treating Covid, and even preventing it, with cyanide potassium. Make sure you tell your MAGA friends!
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Covid Drugs Empty Re: Covid Drugs

Post by sharpy Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:09 pm

alohafri wrote:I hear they are having tremendous results with treating Covid, and even preventing it, with cyanide potassium. Make sure you tell your MAGA friends!

LOL ... made my day 

hey Aloha - what's the mask requirements, if any, at your school?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:20 pm

sharpy wrote:
    alohafri wrote:I hear they are having tremendous results with treating Covid, and even preventing it, with cyanide potassium. Make sure you tell your MAGA friends!

LOL ... made my day 

We are wearing them, it's the rule in Illinois.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:23 am

They're like petulant children resisting authority, refusing to do as told.  So, what you should say to them is "you are not allowed to take potassium cyanide!"
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:02 pm

alohafri wrote:
    sharpy wrote:

LOL ... made my day 

This gives me a segue to update (brag) about my daughter.  She graduated from North Central...major in French, minor in Spanish.  She changed majors after her sophomore year.  She was originally an Elementary Education major with a French minor.  Due to the change, and the fact that North Central was on a trimester when she started and had converted to a semester system her last year, she didn't have a teaching certificate when she graduated.  She starts grad school in September.  She was very disappointed that she wouldn't be able to be a full-time teacher for 2 more years, but she's been looking for some long-term substitute opportunities (maybe a maternity leave).  Her professor at North Central sent her a referral for a job, which appeared to be for a teacher's aide.  When she went to the interview, she learned that you don't need a teaching certificate to teach at a private school, which this was, and the position she was interviewing for was a full-time teaching position.  They loved her.  Superintendent said if he could offer her the job during the interview, he would, but he couldn't.  The salary is done by formula...Bachelor's degree with X number of years of experience = starting salary.  Gab expressed concern about the commute, and the superintendent said "decide what you want and let me know".  She emailed him the next day and told him she wanted an additional $100/week, and he said "done".  She's a high school French teacher at Marian Catholic High School.  As a side note, if you read my post about my aunt passing away...Gab was offered the job two days after my aunt passed away.  My aunt's name is Marian.  Anyway, to the original post, the state mask mandate covers private schools as well.  I don't think last year's mandates covered private schools.  Several of my neighbors sent their kids to St. Viator because they didn't go remote AT ALL and there were no mandates.  As another side note for you, Aloha...Gab had her first confrontation with a parent, who sneaked in past security and verbally accosted her in her classroom.  French is a gendered language, and in Gab's initial "getting to know you" form that students completed, she asked about their pronouns.  The parent went off on her about it and demanded that she NOT reference gender or pronouns in the class.  Gab told her that French is a gendered language, and that she would most certainly be teaching that.  The parent insisted that she refer to the students as "it" and not by gendered pronouns.  Gab told her she would NOT refer to kids as "it" because it's an object pronoun and it would quite literally dehumanize them.  So basically, the parent wanted her to change French.  It so happened that this lunatic's daughter was with Gab when her mother came storming in.  She stayed after class to talk to Gab about joining French Club.  After the confrontation, the student tracked Gab down and apologized for her mother and told Gab she loved her class and she could tell Gab's a great teacher.  The superintendent backed up Gab and he told the parent that if she ever sidetracked the security process, she would not be permitted anywhere on campus, even for extracurricular activities.  I know you said that the parents are among the most challenging aspects of being a teacher, and this happened on Gab's 4th day, so that's definitely playing out!

Last edited by blondy28 on Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:11 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    sharpy wrote:

LOL ... made my day 

This gives me a segue to update (brag) about my daughter.  She graduated from North Central...major in French, minor in Spanish.  She changed majors after her sophomore year.  She was originally an Elementary Education major with a French minor.  Due to the change, and the fact that North Central was on a trimester when she started and had converted to a semester system her last year, she didn't have a teaching certificate when she graduated.  She starts grad school in September.  She was very disappointed that she wouldn't be able to be a full-time teacher for 2 more years, but she's been looking for some long-term substitute opportunities (maybe a maternity leave).  Her professor at North Central sent her a referral for a job, which appeared to be for a teacher's aide.  When she went to the interview, she learned that you don't need a teaching certificate to teach at a private school, which this was, and the position she was interviewing for was a full-time teaching position.  They loved her.  Superintendent said if he could offer her the job during the interview, he would, but he couldn't.  The salary is done by formula...Bachelor's degree with X number of years of experience = starting salary.  Gab expressed concern about the commute, and the superintendent said "tell us what you want and let me know".  She emailed him the next day and told him she wanted an additional $100/week, and he said "done".  She's a high school French teacher at Marian Catholic High School.  As a side note, if you read my post about my aunt passing away...Gab was offered the job two days after my aunt passed away.  My aunt's name is Marian.  Anyway, to the original post, the state mask mandate covers private schools as well.  I don't think last year's mandates covered private schools.  Several of my neighbors sent their kids to St. Viator because they didn't go remote AT ALL and there were no mandates.  As another side note for you, Aloha...Gab had her first confrontation with a parent, who sneaked in past security and verbally accosted her in her classroom.  French is a gendered language, and in Gab's initial "getting to know you" form that students completed, she asked about their pronouns.  The parent went off on her about it and demanded that she NOT reference gender or pronouns in the class.  Gab told her that French is a gendered language, and that she would most certainly be teaching that.  The parent insisted that she refer to the students as "it" and not by gendered pronouns.  Gab told her she would NOT refer to kids as "it" because it's an object pronoun and it would quite literally dehumanize them.  So basically, the parent wanted her to change French.  It so happened that this lunatic's daughter was with Gab when her mother came storming in.  She stayed after class to talk to Gab about joining French Club.  After the confrontation, the student tracked Gab down and apologized for her mother and told Gab she loved her class and she could tell Gab's a great teacher.  The superintendent backed up Gab and she told the parent that if she ever sidetracked the security process, she would not be permitted anywhere on campus, even for extracurricular activities.  I know you said that the parents are among the most challenging aspects of being a teacher, and this happened on Gab's 4th day, so that's definitely playing out!

Good for her.  That's an exciting first week.  I get the impression that for all of the damn noise coming out of parents about some of this gender ID stuff, the kids (the ones affected) don't really mind it and actually respect it as a needed change.  I don't really understand all of the complaining about it, since the people complaining will never even see it have an effect on them in any way.  I have to listen to my dumb fuck FIL piss and moan about this shit weekly, as if it somehow is making his life worse.  I guess culture will just evolve around these dummies.
    FMB1432
    Not a Fanboy

Post by FMB1432 Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:42 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    sharpy wrote:

LOL ... made my day 

This gives me a segue to update (brag) about my daughter.  She graduated from North Central...major in French, minor in Spanish.  She changed majors after her sophomore year.  She was originally an Elementary Education major with a French minor.  Due to the change, and the fact that North Central was on a trimester when she started and had converted to a semester system her last year, she didn't have a teaching certificate when she graduated.  She starts grad school in September.  She was very disappointed that she wouldn't be able to be a full-time teacher for 2 more years, but she's been looking for some long-term substitute opportunities (maybe a maternity leave).  Her professor at North Central sent her a referral for a job, which appeared to be for a teacher's aide.  When she went to the interview, she learned that you don't need a teaching certificate to teach at a private school, which this was, and the position she was interviewing for was a full-time teaching position.  They loved her.  Superintendent said if he could offer her the job during the interview, he would, but he couldn't.  The salary is done by formula...Bachelor's degree with X number of years of experience = starting salary.  Gab expressed concern about the commute, and the superintendent said "decide what you want and let me know".  She emailed him the next day and told him she wanted an additional $100/week, and he said "done".  She's a high school French teacher at Marian Catholic High School.  As a side note, if you read my post about my aunt passing away...Gab was offered the job two days after my aunt passed away.  My aunt's name is Marian.  Anyway, to the original post, the state mask mandate covers private schools as well.  I don't think last year's mandates covered private schools.  Several of my neighbors sent their kids to St. Viator because they didn't go remote AT ALL and there were no mandates.  As another side note for you, Aloha...Gab had her first confrontation with a parent, who sneaked in past security and verbally accosted her in her classroom.  French is a gendered language, and in Gab's initial "getting to know you" form that students completed, she asked about their pronouns.  The parent went off on her about it and demanded that she NOT reference gender or pronouns in the class.  Gab told her that French is a gendered language, and that she would most certainly be teaching that.  The parent insisted that she refer to the students as "it" and not by gendered pronouns.  Gab told her she would NOT refer to kids as "it" because it's an object pronoun and it would quite literally dehumanize them.  So basically, the parent wanted her to change French.  It so happened that this lunatic's daughter was with Gab when her mother came storming in.  She stayed after class to talk to Gab about joining French Club.  After the confrontation, the student tracked Gab down and apologized for her mother and told Gab she loved her class and she could tell Gab's a great teacher.  The superintendent backed up Gab and he told the parent that if she ever sidetracked the security process, she would not be permitted anywhere on campus, even for extracurricular activities.  I know you said that the parents are among the most challenging aspects of being a teacher, and this happened on Gab's 4th day, so that's definitely playing out!
    All 5 of my children graduated from St. Viator. My oldest daughter is in administration. Her 4th (and last) just started there. 
    I think they may have had one 2 day break but that was it. They were wearing masks!
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:02 pm

FMB1432 wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    sharpy wrote:

LOL ... made my day 

All 5 of my children graduated from St. Viator. My oldest daughter is in administration. Her 4th (and last) just started there. 
    I think they may have had one 2 day break but that was it. They were wearing masks!

A two-day break?  I'm not sure what that means.   I only know what my neighbors told me...I admittedly didn't check.  Fremd was partially remote, and neighbors said they opted for Viator because it was full day in person, no mandates.

Thank you.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:05 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    sharpy wrote:

LOL ... made my day 

Oddly enough, we have students who want to be referred to as "it" or "they". I agree that "it" dehumanizes you and since "they" means multiple, I have a hard time with that too from an English perspective.

Congrats on Gab getting a job! And even in the public schools we have parents who try (sometimes successfully) to sneak past security to get in to "see" us. I often wonder if they do the same thing at their doctors' offices or lawyers' offices.
    FMB1432
    Not a Fanboy

Post by FMB1432 Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:47 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    FMB1432 wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    sharpy wrote:

LOL ... made my day 

A two-day break?  I'm not sure what that means.   I only know what my neighbors told me...I admittedly didn't check.  Fremd was partially remote, and neighbors said they opted for Viator because it was full day in person, no mandates.

Thank you.

they were out of school -might have been 3 days. ( probably a positive  test or something similar
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:45 pm

FMB1432 wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    FMB1432 wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    sharpy wrote:

LOL ... made my day 

Thank you.

they were out of school -might have been 3 days. ( probably a positive  test or something similar

Ah...no that was 2 weeks.  It was in the Daily Herald, so didn't have to rely on word of mouth from my neighbor on that one.
    FMB1432
    Not a Fanboy

Post by FMB1432 Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:49 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    FMB1432 wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    FMB1432 wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    sharpy wrote:
    You are correct. 1 two week break-and that was it. Parents were thrilled (and enrollment went up because parents wanted their kids in school!!

LOL ... made my day 

Thank you.

Ah...no that was 2 weeks.  It was in the Daily Herald, so didn't have to rely on word of mouth from my neighbor on that one.
    FMB1432
    Not a Fanboy

Post by FMB1432 Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:52 pm

you're right blonde. It was two weeks and their enrollment went way up as parents wanter their kids in school

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content