Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

Crazy

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Crazy Empty Crazy

Post by alohafri Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:14 am

I love how when a scientist (Fauci or any other scientist) changes their statements based on new information, new scientific discoveries, they are branded as "liars". Yet the orange marshmallow lies over 20,000 times during his presidency and not a word is said.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Crazy Empty Re: Crazy

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:02 am

You love that?  I don't love that.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:15 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:You love that?  I don't love that.

I don't mean "love" in the way you think I do. I didn't really think I needed a sarcasm font.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:47 pm

alohafri wrote:

I don't mean "love" in the way you think I do. I didn't really think I needed a sarcasm font.

LOL.  I knew you were messing.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:35 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

LOL.  I knew you were messing.

I guess it was YOU who needed to use a sarcasm font.  Crazy 1f602
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:38 pm

And what has seriously happened to this country when people start listening to a crackhead pillow salesman talking about bringing something to the Supreme Court? I used to say that kind of shit when I was nine years old!
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:02 pm

alohafri wrote:And what has seriously happened to this country when people start listening to a crackhead pillow salesman talking about bringing something to the Supreme Court? I used to say that kind of shit when I was nine years old!

Well, I think the My Pillow guy is mentally about 9 yrs old, so that kind of makes sense.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:39 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:And what has seriously happened to this country when people start listening to a crackhead pillow salesman talking about bringing something to the Supreme Court? I used to say that kind of shit when I was nine years old!

Well, I think the My Pillow guy is mentally about 9 yrs old, so that kind of makes sense.

His lawyer is "no longer working for" the law firm. Apparently he saw some, what he thought was, good publicity. The firm obviously saw lunacy and dumped the guy.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:19 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

His schtick now, and what trump is also spewing, is that Donald becomes president in August after a military coup removes Biden and Harris from office - and I assume kill them b/c Tsars have to be killed (given Jan 6th, I'm not totally discounting the attempt)
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:46 pm

sharpy wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

His schtick now, and what trump is also spewing, is that Donald becomes president in August after a military coup removes Biden and Harris from office - and I assume kill them b/c Tsars have to be killed (given Jan 6th, I'm not totally discounting the attempt)

Anymore, I don't discount anything.  A military coup is going to mean they would need probably, what, 60% approval of such a move among the military to make something like this work?  Maybe if Biden were suffering through terrible approval ratings this might be plausible but it's hard to imagine the military getting behind this in any kind of major fashion.  It'd be the end of the meaning or value of our constitution, and the end of the republic, and we'd, I guess, be some new kind of autocratic government.  I would assume that if you use the military to take control of the government and seize power, it's a safe bet there'll not be an election in 2024 because why would you bother subjecting yourself to the chance of losing?  

All that said, Tim, I am done ruling out this kind of shit.  It could happen.  It might happen.  This kind of talk used to seem overwrought.  It's not overwrought.  And if Orange creampuff can get away with it, then he'll do it.  And if he did it, and got away with it, 90% of conservatives and Repub identifiers would defend it and say it was warranted and legal.  If there's anything I've learned, it's that folks tend to stick with the home team no matter what they do.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:46 pm

Meanwhile, Margorie Qaylor Qreene sent a letter to Joe Biden demanding that he investigate Dr. Fauci's emails. She wanted a response no later than June 31, 2021. I shit you not. June 31. You can't write this stuff.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:12 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    sharpy wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Anymore, I don't discount anything.  A military coup is going to mean they would need probably, what, 60% approval of such a move among the military to make something like this work?  Maybe if Biden were suffering through terrible approval ratings this might be plausible but it's hard to imagine the military getting behind this in any kind of major fashion.  It'd be the end of the meaning or value of our constitution, and the end of the republic, and we'd, I guess, be some new kind of autocratic government.  I would assume that if you use the military to take control of the government and seize power, it's a safe bet there'll not be an election in 2024 because why would you bother subjecting yourself to the chance of losing?  

All that said, Tim, I am done ruling out this kind of shit.  It could happen.  It might happen.  This kind of talk used to seem overwrought.  It's not overwrought.  And if Orange creampuff can get away with it, then he'll do it.  And if he did it, and got away with it, 90% of conservatives and Repub identifiers would defend it and say it was warranted and legal.  If there's anything I've learned, it's that folks tend to stick with the home team no matter what they do.

Our democracy is hanging by a thread, and this trend started long ago...before Trump.  Like any good cult, you start with vilifying anyone who will get in the way of the cult leader, enter "mainstream media".  Sure, when they started beating that drum, they probably thought they'd take over a few publications and networks, so 24-hour cable and social media was like winning the lottery.  Sarah Palin and the other lunatics were apoplectic because the McCain campaign didn't give them enough "red meat" for the base.  They wanted to gin up as much hate and anger against Obama as possible...nevermind that you could smell the violence coming a mile away.  Do I think Mitch wanted the GOP to start saying the quiet parts out loud?  Probably not.  But you can't get behind the wheel drunk off your ass and kill someone and say you never wanted to hurt anyone.  

The latest scheme is that Trump will run for the house in 2022 and he will become speaker until he runs in 2024.  And like you, Rob, I can envision these people doing absolutely anything.  It gets more frightening by the day.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:16 pm

alohafri wrote:Meanwhile, Margorie Qaylor Qreene sent a letter to Joe Biden demanding that he investigate Dr. Fauci's emails. She wanted a response no later than June 31, 2021. I shit you not. June 31. You can't write this stuff.

Apparently the Trump camp has made a strategic determination that Fauci will be the villain in future campaigns that Hillary was in 2016.  These supposed champions of victims of sex trafficking have donated in record numbers to Matt Gaetz's re-election.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:23 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:Meanwhile, Margorie Qaylor Qreene sent a letter to Joe Biden demanding that he investigate Dr. Fauci's emails. She wanted a response no later than June 31, 2021. I shit you not. June 31. You can't write this stuff.

Apparently the Trump camp has made a strategic determination that Fauci will be the villain in future campaigns that Hillary was in 2016.  These supposed champions of victims of sex trafficking have donated in record numbers to Matt Gaetz's re-election.

I can't say that I particularly understand the strategy of villifying Dr. Fauci.  He's not running for anything, and appears to have pretty thick skin and not really give a shit, so go ahead and rip on him and see if that accomplishes anything.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:17 am