Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+3
alohafri
sharpy
blondy28
7 posters

Single Payer Push

sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Single Payer Push - Page 4 Empty Re: Single Payer Push

Post by sharpy Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:30 pm

With where I think our demographics are going over the next ten years, I believe this administration is possibly the last gasp of the selfish, dickish monster of the Reaganomics/Trickle Down era.  This election of nutjob Trump seems to me like it's the monster getting up at the end of the movie and making one last stand before being pushed over the cliff.  Trump lies, insults, boasts, cheats...and his base of 38% love him for it.  It can't possibly keep up this way.  It just can't.  The younger generation hates this dick, and the folks that support him.  It might get violent for a while (as Cream and Sharpy sometimes imply), but I honestly think this is a part of the larger equation of becoming a much nicer place.

Nice thoughts, and I hope you're right, but I'm not as confident as you are. From what I've read, the miillenials aren't as liberal as you might think they are, and they surely aren't liberal if they live and are raised by people with Confederate flags in their house. White men are desperately trying to preserve their hold on America and millennials are as white as anyone. The only reason I believe we haven't seen violence akin to that seen protesting the Vietnam war is b/c the number of protests seem to have settled down. Less opportunity. I have no doubt, that since everyone can carry weapons now a days, that there will be a shooting at a confrontation - you don't think those pseudo-Nazi's were thinking what an idiot that car driver was in Charlottesville? and why didn't he just shoot someone?  It'll happen and nothing will be done about it .   We live in country where 58% of the population believed that that Kent state students killed in 1970 deserved it....and in a country against peaceful protests by kneeling during the National anthem b/c they are disrespecting a piece of cloth, not exhibiting what the flag really means ...Trump is not going away. His successor is going to be worse - as exhibited by the recent vote in Alabama - nuff said.  But fuck all that, what really concerns me is kylie Jenner's pregnancy and Kim Karsdashians big ass - now that is really something that is going to destroy America.....
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:15 am

sharpy wrote:But fuck all that, what really concerns me is kylie Jenner's pregnancy and Kim Karsdashians big ass - now that is really something that is going to destroy America.....

Actually, it is in a way. Social media. If it's on social media, it must be true...and important. Social media allows people to focus only on their side of an argument. There is no need to hear what the other side says. No need to come to any understanding. Now that I know that there are so many other people out there who believe what I believe, fuck the rest of them! This country will be better off if the "libs" (or "cons") would just be silenced, or better yet, go away.

Our next President could be fucking Orpah or Kanye West! You are right. The next President could very well be worse than this one.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:03 am

sharpy wrote:Nice thoughts, and I hope you're right, but I'm not as confident as you are. From what I've read, the miillenials aren't as liberal as you might think they are, and they surely aren't liberal if they live and are raised by people with Confederate flags in their house. White men are desperately trying to preserve their hold on America and millennials are as white as anyone. The only reason I believe we haven't seen violence akin to that seen protesting the Vietnam war is b/c the number of protests seem to have settled down. Less opportunity. I have no doubt, that since everyone can carry weapons now a days, that there will be a shooting at a confrontation - you don't think those pseudo-Nazi's were thinking what an idiot that car driver was in Charlottesville? and why didn't he just shoot someone?  It'll happen and nothing will be done about it .   We live in country where 58% of the population believed that that Kent state students killed in 1970 deserved it....and in a country against peaceful protests by kneeling during the National anthem b/c they are disrespecting a piece of cloth, not exhibiting what the flag really means ...Trump is not going away. His successor is going to be worse - as exhibited by the recent vote in Alabama - nuff said.  But fuck all that, what really concerns me is kylie Jenner's pregnancy and Kim Karsdashians big ass - now that is really something that is going to destroy America.....

What I've read leads me to believe millennials are very liberal, but they don't necessarily like to be tagged with "Dem" or "Repub" labels.  I believe a lot of them really liked Sanders and felt the Dems dealt him a bad hand and no longer want to identify with that party label.  

You make a lot of good, albeit scary, points that give me quite a bit of pause.  Lord help us if Trump's successor is worse.  Not sure how that's even possible, but it's naive to rule it out.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:14 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

What I've read leads me to believe millennials are very liberal, but they don't necessarily like to be tagged with "Dem" or "Repub" labels.  I believe a lot of them really liked Sanders and felt the Dems dealt him a bad hand and no longer want to identify with that party label.  

The same is said on the other side of the aisle. The "conservatives" (ie. Tea Party) doesn't want to be called "Republican". They see them as the establishment (the "swamp") if you will.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 7:07 pm