Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

"Conservative" Talk

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

"Conservative" Talk Empty "Conservative" Talk

Post by alohafri Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:49 pm

And I put conservative in quotes because there is nothing conservative about these fucks. But if they were told that they couldn't mention Democrats, liberals, or any person who is a Democrat or a liberal, there would be dead air. That's their entire shtick. Let's hear why your Trumplican party is the better alternative to the Democrats and the REAL Republicans. Tell them they have to talk up their own party, and they wouldn't be able to do it without coming out as what they truly are, mysoginistic Populists.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

"Conservative" Talk Empty Re: "Conservative" Talk

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:28 pm

Kevin, I used to think I knew what a populist is.  Anymore, I'm not sure if I do.  I used to think of Sanders as a populist, but he's surely the opposite of Trump.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:32 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Kevin, I used to think I knew what a populist is.  Anymore, I'm not sure if I do.  I used to think of Sanders as a populist, but he's surely the opposite of Trump.

A populist can be either side of the political aisle. A populist will distance himself from the political party and bring his message "directly to the people". They usually have a cult-like following. Kinda describes them both.

And don't get me wrong, in and of itself, populism isn't always bad. 
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:47 pm

One of my FB friends is someone I used to work with, and after Kamala was announced as the VP candidate, she posted this long prayer to god to protect our wonderful president who loves America and wants to protect her from those of us who are trying to change her.

I was asked to be in a Sean Casten commercial to argue my position on the bullshit tax scam.  Jeanne Ives...that horrible woman who tried to unseat Rauner, is running against Casten and she posted something on her FB page about always fighting for tax cuts because she thinks we should take home more of our hard earned money.  I posted about how so many of us had a substantial tax increase under Roskam's plan.  She actually responded to my post, saying Casten wanted to repeal the plan, and if he were to get his way...and this is a direct quote..."For a couple making $78,000 their tax rate would double from 12%to 24%.  The false information surrounding that bill is astounding."  

The 15% tax bracket in 2017 was $18,651 to $75,900.  At the very least, a married couple with no kids and taking the standard deduction, and the personal exemption for 2 people would put you squarely in the 15% bracket.  I have asked Jeanne to show her work, and she has not responded...what with her totally lying and knowing she's lying!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:04 am