Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

The Uptight Conservative Mind

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

The Uptight Conservative Mind Empty The Uptight Conservative Mind

Post by blondy28 Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:39 am

So it appears that a conservative group has written to Justin Timberlake asking him to "keep it clean" when he performs at the Superbowl.  Honestly, I can't get into the ultra conservative brain.  I'm not saying that I would proactively show my young kid a picture of Janet Jackson's bare boob, but if my kids had actually noticed the boob while watching the halftime show (and back in those days, we hosted a Superbowl party for all the neighborhood kids every year)...which happened so fast that even I didn't notice it...I probably would have laughed, and the kids would probably have laughed.  What is it that makes these people so uptight that they have devoted their efforts to making sure that Justin Timberlake has a "clean" halftime show, or that Ben and Jerry don't name their ice cream "schweddy balls"?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

The Uptight Conservative Mind Empty Re: The Uptight Conservative Mind

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:51 am

Can't Timberlake just tell them to "Bite me?"  I think he's financially well off enough to not worry too much about cowtowing to political or religious pressures.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:22 am

The "Schweddy Balls" example is a poor one since traditionally the gloves are more off after the 10:00 hour.

The question is, "how far do you want to push the envelope?" Perhaps you'd be okay with JT dry humping Lady Gaga on stage at the half time show. Hey, it's taking artistic risks! Maybe insertion is cool too, just as long as it's not a close up. I don't think asking someone to "keep it clean" after a history of not really keeping it clean is asking too much. (And I am far from a prude)
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:42 am

alohafri wrote:The "Schweddy Balls" example is a poor one since traditionally the gloves are more off after the 10:00 hour.

The question is, "how far do you want to push the envelope?" Perhaps you'd be okay with JT dry humping Lady Gaga on stage at the half time show. Hey, it's taking artistic risks! Maybe insertion is cool too, just as long as it's not a close up. I don't think asking someone to "keep it clean" after a history of not really keeping it clean is asking too much. (And I am far from a prude)

PRUDE!
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:55 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:The "Schweddy Balls" example is a poor one since traditionally the gloves are more off after the 10:00 hour.

PRUDE!

Just for that, for next year's half time show, I'm going to recommend that Jerry Falwell read from Gideon's Bible from his room at the Holiday Inn.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:14 am

alohafri wrote:

Just for that, for next year's half time show, I'm going to recommend that Jerry Falwell read from Gideon's Bible from his room at the Holiday Inn.

That'll allow me time to load up my plate with wings and tacos!
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:38 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I'll withhold my highly inappropriate taco comment out of respect for Blondy.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:46 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

She's a dirty birdy with a filthier mind than most of us.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:54 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I know, but I have a hard time saying "hairy taco" in front of a woman. Oops! Sorry Blondy.  pig
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:28 pm

I was actually talking about the One Million Uptight Moms losing their shit over the Ben and Jerry's Schweddy Balls ice cream flavor, not the SNL skit.  

You forgot to mention Prince and his phallic guitar...which didn't bother me either.

The letter to Justin said "The fallout of your performance during Super Bowl XXXVIII has left an indelible mark. "  Really?   My point is more that I would have to be far, far more offended to be compelled to take some kind of formal action.  And frankly, I'm more offended by Tim Tebow praying in the end zone than I would be by JT dry humping Lady Gaga, so "clean" is kinda in the eye of the beholder.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:31 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I know, but I have a hard time saying "hairy taco" in front of a woman. Oops! Sorry Blondy.  pig

Remember in the sexual assault discussion where I mentioned my first job and my "old man friend", who I found hysterical.  Our company was in a building of office suites, and the bathroom was down the hall...which we called "DTH".  "Going DTH".  He referred to it as "going to drain your taco."  Rob's characterization of me is off a bit.  Not sure I have a filthier mind...rather, I'm extremely accepting of other dirty minds.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:37 pm

Perhaps you'd be okay with JT dry humping Lady Gaga on stage at the half time show. 

Oh Jesus Christ get off your high horse. If they asked you to ass fuck Jen Carfagno during the Super Bowl halftime show the only question you'd have is whether or not you had to wear a condom. 
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:19 am

cream919 wrote:Perhaps you'd be okay with JT dry humping Lady Gaga on stage at the half time show. 

Oh Jesus Christ get off your high horse. If they asked you to ass fuck Jen Carfagno during the Super Bowl halftime show the only question you'd have is whether or not you had to wear a condom. 

Abrams maybe. Carfagno is a romantic candle-lit dinner type...in a sound-proof room.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:29 am

blondy28 wrote:

I was actually talking about the One Million Uptight Moms losing their shit over the Ben and Jerry's Schweddy Balls ice cream flavor, not the SNL skit.  

You forgot to mention Prince and his phallic guitar...which didn't bother me either.

The letter to Justin said "The fallout of your performance during Super Bowl XXXVIII has left an indelible mark. "  Really?   My point is more that I would have to be far, far more offended to be compelled to take some kind of formal action.  And frankly, I'm more offended by Tim Tebow praying in the end zone than I would be by JT dry humping Lady Gaga, so "clean" is kinda in the eye of the beholder.

You're "offended" by a man praying, not trying to indoctrinate you, but simply praying, but not by a public display of sex on a program that children are watching? Why am I not surprised.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:16 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

You're "offended" by a man praying, not trying to indoctrinate you, but simply praying, but not by a public display of sex on a program that children are watching? Why am I not surprised.

Actually, I'm not offended by either.  Being "more offended" by something  that I'm not offended by suggests that there's little to no offense.   No, I wasn't horrified by Janet, nor was I horrified by Prince's phallic guitar.  They're not Swank.

There was a time that Elvis' girating hips were considered public displays of sex.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:42 pm

All I know is that Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction is likely the biggest nothing ever on network TV. Geez, unless you slow it down to a frame by frame analysis, like a play at the plate, you can't see shit ..believe me, I know
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:15 pm

sharpy wrote:All I know is that Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction is likely the biggest nothing ever on network TV. Geez, unless you slow it down to a frame by frame analysis, like a play at the plate, you can't see shit ..believe me, I know

So you're suggesting that the "fallout" from boobgate did NOT leave an "indelible mark" as the uptight suggest?  The most offensive thing about that halftime performance was the performance itself.  I just rewatched it, and it was flat out awful.

Tonight's halftime performance showed the Prince phallic guitar incident.  One million uptight moms must have lost their shit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:54 am