Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

What are you binge watching during the lockdown?

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

What are you binge watching during the lockdown? Empty What are you binge watching during the lockdown?

Post by blondy28 Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:14 pm

So what's everyone watching while we're locked down?  

Like most everyone, I watched Tiger King, which was super weird and creepy, but I couldn't look away.  The cast of characters possess every stereotype of "trailer trash."

The Netflix documentary How to Fix a Drug Scandal was very good.  It's about two women (separately and unrelated) who acted fraudulently in their roles as chemists who test the drugs that people were arrested for possessing, and the actions by the prosecutors to cover it up.

The Netflix documentary The Pharmacist was pretty good.  It's about a pharmacist whose son was murdered when he was buying crack, and the actions taken by him to find his son's killer, which led him to investigate a "pill mill" doctor who was overprescribing opioids. 

Amazon has Phoebe Waller-Bridge's one woman show that the series Fleabag is based on.  I watched that this morning, and it was excellent.  I think it's only going to be available for 2 weeks.

On my list to watch:

The ESPN 10-part documentary about the Bulls, The Last Dance, starts tomorrow.

Run premiers on HBO tomorrow night.  Phoebe Waller-Bridge and her professional partner Vicky Jones created the show.  

What are you watching?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

What are you binge watching during the lockdown? Empty Re: What are you binge watching during the lockdown?

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:02 pm

Planning to watch Run.  Thinking we'll check out the Waller-Bridge special asap.

Been watching a series on Hulu called Little Fires Everywhere and it's very good.  Witherspoon and Kerry Washington.  Good acting.  Kinda tense.

Saw the Tiger thing and felt like I needed a shower afterward.  

Haven't been binge watching, but just always keeping up with Better Call Saul.  I thought their most recent episode was their best ever.  

I keep hearing everyone say I need to watch Schitt's Creek.  Maybe I'll give that a whirl.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

What are you binge watching during the lockdown? Empty Re: What are you binge watching during the lockdown?

Post by sharpy Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:51 pm

Billions .. 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:58 pm

sharpy wrote:Billions .. 

I saw that the guy from Homeland is in that.  Why do you like it so much, Tim?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:34 pm

Absolutely LOVE Billions!  New season starts in a couple weeks.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:40 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Planning to watch Run.  Thinking we'll check out the Waller-Bridge special asap.

Been watching a series on Hulu called Little Fires Everywhere and it's very good.  Witherspoon and Kerry Washington.  Good acting.  Kinda tense.

Haven't been binge watching, but just always keeping up with Better Call Saul.  I thought their most recent episode was their best ever.  

I keep hearing everyone say I need to watch Schitt's Creek.  Maybe I'll give that a whirl.

Apparently the Bulls thing starts next Sunday.

Watched the bonus episode of Tiger King that came out today.  It was better than the series, actually.  

Watched first 2 episodes of Hunters.  LOVE it.  

I watched the first season of Schitt's Creek when it came out, but haven't gone back, and it's not because I didn't like it.  Guess it just didn't make it back into my rotation, which has admittedly has a few openings, given that there are no sports on.   Everyone I know loves Schitt's Creek.  My son and husband love Better Call Saul.  I've actually never seen it.  Isn't it the sequal series of Breaking Bad?  I didn't like Breaking Bad.  Tried to watch it several times, and couldn't even make it through one episode.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:09 am

I'm watching the new mini-series World On Fire on Masterpiece Theatre.  First two episodes have been great.  The actress playing Kasia is very easy on the eyes.

My 93 year old Dad always stays with us for the winter and because of COVID-19, he's here at least until the end of May.  Because he has a withering memory, he can watch Seinfeld reruns and laugh and laugh as if it is all new to him.  So, recordings of that show are constantly running in the background.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:00 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Planning to watch Run.  Thinking we'll check out the Waller-Bridge special asap.

Apparently the Bulls thing starts next Sunday.

Watched the bonus episode of Tiger King that came out today.  It was better than the series, actually.  

Watched first 2 episodes of Hunters.  LOVE it.  

I watched the first season of Schitt's Creek when it came out, but haven't gone back, and it's not because I didn't like it.  Guess it just didn't make it back into my rotation, which has admittedly has a few openings, given that there are no sports on.   Everyone I know loves Schitt's Creek.  My son and husband love Better Call Saul.  I've actually never seen it.  Isn't it the sequal series of Breaking Bad?  I didn't like Breaking Bad.  Tried to watch it several times, and couldn't even make it through one episode.

Better Call Saul is a spinoff of Breaking Bad.  It came out after, but it's a prequel so that you can see how the Saul character came to be BEFORE Breaking Bad took place.  It's actually how MANY of the characters came to be.  I've told most people that I've convinced to watch BB that you need to probably watch 3 episodes in order to decide.  Once you see three you'll either be completely turned off or not be able to stand NOT knowing what will come of these people.  BB is my all time favorite show.  Saul is very good but a much slower paced show, albeit becoming much crazier as of late, as they are catching up to where BB begins so things are getting very dicey.  Maybe you ought to give Better Call Saul a try.  if you like that, you'll want to see the transgression into BB after the Saul series ends.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:00 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I saw that the guy from Homeland is in that.  Why do you like it so much, Tim?

its really a love-hate relationship - it disgusts me that people like this actually do exist in this world and are even respected for what they do - as they all are pretty much pieces of shit.  Its well written, and well acted (except for bart giamatti's kid, who I never really liked as an actor). 
      I wouldn't put it in my Mt Rushmore of shows , but its a good way to kill a day or two binging it 
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:03 pm

jaywit wrote:I'm watching the new mini-series World On Fire on Masterpiece Theatre.  First two episodes have been great.  The actress playing Kasia is very easy on the eyes.

My 93 year old Dad always stays with us for the winter and because of COVID-19, he's here at least until the end of May.  Because he has a withering memory, he can watch Seinfeld reruns and laugh and laugh as if it is all new to him.  So, recordings of that show are constantly running in the background.

I agree with World on Fire .. right up my alley.  I read a lot of WW2 literature but really none in relation to strategy or planning, more as to how it related to individual people - how it affected the individual soldier or person (which is why Stephen Ambrose is a fave of mine) and this show deals with that - how the individual rose up in spite of all the odds being against them, and took on the responsibility - which is why I love the English people so much .. 
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:06 pm

Uh oh .. I still laugh at old Seinfeld episodes .. .better hit up a neurologist
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:23 pm

sharpy wrote:My 93 year old Dad always stays with us for the winter and because of COVID-19, he's here at least until the end of May.  Because he has a withering memory, he can watch Seinfeld reruns and laugh and laugh as if it is all new to him.  So, recordings of that show are constantly running in the background.

Uh oh .. I still laugh at old Seinfeld episodes .. .better hit up a neurologist

Seinfeld is an intergenerationally funny show, same as old episodes of Andy Griffith, Lucy, and Dick Van Dyke show.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content