Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

2 posters

Interesting observation

sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Interesting observation Empty Interesting observation

Post by sharpy Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:45 pm

Anyone else notice that with all the talk of launch angle and tge change to the uppercut swing that pitchers, and this was very noticeable with Milwaukee pitchers, are now pitching to the top of the zone with their fastball? Since the dawn of time the dictum was keep the ball down, because hitters were taught to swing down on the ball. Now, hitters are taught to swing up, and with a high strike that type of swing just gets u a pop up. Hitters cannot get on top of that pitch. Breaking balls are still down but fastballs- all up. Back when McGuire was hitting 60 I always wondered why they kept pitching him low bc he would golf balls 500 feet. Nowadays- they prob would have pitched him up v
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Interesting observation Empty Re: Interesting observation

Post by alohafri Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:47 am

I didn't pay that much attention last night, but it makes sense. At some point in time, adjustments have to be made. I'm still waiting for hitters to learn how to go to the opposite field again to avoid the cockamamie shifts.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:46 am