Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
alohafri
SoxIlliniRob
6 posters

Good ol' Ben Carson

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Good ol' Ben Carson Empty Good ol' Ben Carson

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue May 21, 2019 4:20 pm

Anyone catch Ben Carson, our HUD secretary, mistaking a hearing question today about REO properties (bank owned properties, when the bank forecloses on your home) for Oreo cookies?  Dude didn't even fucking know what the REO reference was.  Judas H Christ.  This would be like a baseball general manager not knowing what On Base Percentage is.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Good ol' Ben Carson Empty Re: Good ol' Ben Carson

Post by alohafri Wed May 22, 2019 7:46 am

Ben Carson was/is a brilliant surgeon. This is not in his ballpark. WTF was Trump thinking putting him in HUD? Living in public housing doesn't necessarily make you an expert, especially if you have gotten out of public housing. He should have been Surgeon General if anything. Trump rewarded Carson because Carson didn't attack Trump during the debates.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed May 22, 2019 9:01 am

alohafri wrote:Ben Carson was/is a brilliant surgeon. This is not in his ballpark. WTF was Trump thinking putting him in HUD? Living in public housing doesn't necessarily make you an expert, especially if you have gotten out of public housing. He should have been Surgeon General if anything. Trump rewarded Carson because Carson didn't attack Trump during the debates.

My guess is that when Trump found out the U in HUD stands for Urban, he said to put the black guy in there.  I'm being serious, by the way.  

Apparently, being a brilliant doctor doesn't necessarily translate over to over aspects of intelligence.  The docs on this board have always struck me as worldly guys, but something appears to have gone terribly wrong with Carson.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed May 22, 2019 10:43 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:Ben Carson was/is a brilliant surgeon. This is not in his ballpark. WTF was Trump thinking putting him in HUD? Living in public housing doesn't necessarily make you an expert, especially if you have gotten out of public housing. He should have been Surgeon General if anything. Trump rewarded Carson because Carson didn't attack Trump during the debates.

My guess is that when Trump found out the U in HUD stands for Urban, he said to put the black guy in there.  I'm being serious, by the way.  

Apparently, being a brilliant doctor doesn't necessarily translate over to over aspects of intelligence.  The docs on this board have always struck me as worldly guys, but something appears to have gone terribly wrong with Carson.

I'm not saying that it does. But if I was going to have brain surgery and money was no object, I'd choose Carson every day and twice on Sunday.

I mean, look at you,  you're a reasonably intelligent fella, but you don't know a goddamn thing about 1.8.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed May 22, 2019 10:59 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I'm not saying that it does. But if I was going to have brain surgery and money was no object, I'd choose Carson every day and twice on Sunday.

I mean, look at you,  you're a reasonably intelligent fella, but you don't know a goddamn thing about 1.8.

Dude, I can explain the 1.8x to you, the $2 gas to you, AND operate on your brain!

Is it possible Carson has lost a step?  I mean, he seems really fucking out of it all the time.  Maybe he's stoned or has Alzheimer's Disease or something, but it seems to me like there are some brain connections not connecting with him.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed May 22, 2019 12:38 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Dude, I can explain the 1.8x to you, the $2 gas to you, AND operate on your brain!

Is it possible Carson has lost a step?  I mean, he seems really fucking out of it all the time.  Maybe he's stoned or has Alzheimer's Disease or something, but it seems to me like there are some brain connections not connecting with him.

I don't think he's lost a step. I just think he is out of his league in the position he's in. And, let's face it, there is no real incentive to learn about the position you are in while in the Trump administration. If you stroke the man's ego, you have a job for as long as you want it...longer if you stroke it publicly. I imagine working for Trump is like working for Jerry Reinsdorf...keep him happy and the job is yours.

Now, in the real world, if you accept a job you aren't necessarily well qualified for, it is on you to learn about that job or you won't have it very long.

I see him much differently than I see Betsy DeVos, who was put in that position to destroy public education. Carson, as you suggest, was put there so Trump could have a black man in his cabinet.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed May 22, 2019 8:41 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

You would choose Carson over Sharpy?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed May 22, 2019 8:49 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I don't think he's lost a step. I just think he is out of his league in the position he's in. And, let's face it, there is no real incentive to learn about the position you are in while in the Trump administration. If you stroke the man's ego, you have a job for as long as you want it...longer if you stroke it publicly. I imagine working for Trump is like working for Jerry Reinsdorf...keep him happy and the job is yours.

Now, in the real world, if you accept a job you aren't necessarily well qualified for, it is on you to learn about that job or you won't have it very long.

I see him much differently than I see Betsy DeVos, who was put in that position to destroy public education. Carson, as you suggest, was put there so Trump could have a black man in his cabinet.

I'm going to repeat myself, but I strongly recommend Patriot Act with Hasan Minaj on Netflix.  I'm not sure which episode it is...maybe the one on Student Loans, that he talks about his cabinet.  But now that I'm typing it, I think it was actually when he did the White House Correspondence Dinner that he had a bit on the cabinet.  I was a big fan of the WHCD.  Obama was great at that event, and I found most of the comedians to be pretty funny.  Hasan Minaj did the first one under Trump, and of course Trump didn't show up.  I love watching the conservatives' faces when he makes jokes about them.  They are literally the stiffest people on the planet.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed May 22, 2019 9:18 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Trust me, I'm as egotistical as anyone else, but you DO NOT want me taking a scalpel to any part of you, let alone your brain.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu May 23, 2019 7:04 am

sharpy wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Trust me, I'm as egotistical as anyone else, but you DO NOT want me taking a scalpel to any part of you, let alone your brain.

I'm afraid I'd wake up thinking I was George Gobel.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Thu May 23, 2019 7:53 pm

alohafri wrote:
    sharpy wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I'm afraid I'd wake up thinking I was George Gobel.
    If I were your surgeon I'd operate to make you think you were George Costanza.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Thu May 23, 2019 10:07 pm

If I were your surgeon I'd operate to make you think you were George Costanza.

If you were MY surgeon no doubt you'd make me feel like John Wayne Bobbitt. 
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Fri May 24, 2019 1:45 am

cream919 wrote:If I were your surgeon I'd operate to make you think you were George Costanza.

If you were MY surgeon no doubt you'd make me feel like John Wayne Bobbitt. 
    Especially if a hungry cat walked into the OR wanting a tiny snack.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:09 am