Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

A question

telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

A question Empty A question

Post by telefrank Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:20 pm

For years over at AOL I fought to keep politics off the board. Then we moved over here and it seemed like the concept of a political section seemed good. In the off season I'd expect to see other topics take over. But it's now the baseball season and all I see here for the most part is politics. I miss the baseball.

I miss the winning and complain about the Sox and how they suck. How Reinsdorf is the worst person to ever live. How there was a savior wasting away in the minors. I miss baseball.

Now the question. Is there a way to mark entire sections as read? Specifically the Politics section. Or just a way to do it on the view posts since last visit?

I miss baseball. Facebook is were I do my politics.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

A question Empty Re: A question

Post by alohafri Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:00 pm

If you go to the main part of the board and scroll down to Blago's Cell, look to the far right and you will see a (-). Click on that and Blago's Cell will disappear from view. I don't know if you can mark it "read" however.

I prefer my politics here because I don't want to hear it on Facebook from both sides. If you see a political post there from me, it is most likely not from me. LOL
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:35 pm

I miss the baseball talk of the past as well but I don't put the blame on the group as much as I do the Sox themselves.  To me, the Sox have gotten so bad in recent years that it required effort to pay attention, was no longer coming "naturally".  Living 2000 miles from and nearly 40 years away from Chicago I'm not inundated by Chicago-centric information and I don't hunt it down.  I'm mostly a fair weather fan for any team I follow.  I don't have time or will to follow losers.  The recent play of Anderson and Moncada has piqued my interest to look them up in box scores but until I see the Sox moving up in the standings, that will be the limit of my interest.

That doesn't mean I don't follow or watch baseball.  I get free Mariner broadcasts and I watch recorded games from time to time.  Thankfully, the 2019 team is a more interesting team than they were projected to be.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:48 pm

I just think we lost interest in this dog-assed team.  They've been so bad last few years, that by May I'm not even paying attention.  A sports fan buddy of mine was recently asking me why I've changed my interests from sports to politics and I had to remind him of what has become of the Illini, the Bears, the Sox and the Bulls over the past 10-15 yrs.  At least the Bears have begun to straighten it out, and the Sox offense is getting me excited if they can find some pitching.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:08 pm

I have the Stanley Cup Playoffs on my brain at the moment - once/if the home town team gives up the ghost, I'll pay more attention to the Sox .. 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:15 am