Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
SoxIlliniRob
blondy28
6 posters

College Admissions Scandal

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

College Admissions Scandal Empty College Admissions Scandal

Post by blondy28 Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:04 pm

What am I missing here?  Did the system change whereby the rich can't just donate a huge sum of cash to the university to get their kid accepted?  

See, the inclusion of the middle man is what fucks up everything.  Ticket brokers.  Insurance companies.  Now college scammers.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

College Admissions Scandal Empty Re: College Admissions Scandal

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:30 pm

From what I've heard the donation thing is fairly subjective, and you might donate your 100k and not get your kid in.  I guess this thing gets them their score on their ACT that will objectively get them into the school.  Or in some cases, they pretend the kid is good at a sport and the A.D. pushes for them to let the kid in with a lesser ACT score so he can play on the team.  Later on, the kid drops from the team due to "disinterest."
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:35 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:From what I've heard the donation thing is fairly subjective, and you might donate your 100k and not get your kid in.  I guess this thing gets them their score on their ACT that will objectively get them into the school.  Or in some cases, they pretend the kid is good at a sport and the A.D. pushes for them to let the kid in with a lesser ACT score so he can play on the team.  Later on, the kid drops from the team due to "disinterest."

I can't imagine a scenario where someone donates $100,000 to a college and their kid doesn't get it.  I guess maybe $100,000 isn't all that much for an institution like Yale but it's not chump change, either, and some of these people spent as much as $6 million.  Only cost Jared Kushner's dad a couple million to get him into Harvard.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:53 pm

some of these schools probably charge $100k a year to attend, so maybe a donation of that size doesn't seem like much.  I'm sure it's all relative.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:00 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:some of these schools probably charge $100k a year to attend, so maybe a donation of that size doesn't seem like much.  I'm sure it's all relative.

Collectively, though, it's a lot.  If you take a $100,000 bribe, then you have to pay for the kid to go there, well now you're talking.  I suppose they get that tuition one way or the other, but still.  We're not talking about one kid getting into one school.  There are many kids at these schools who participated in this.  Dunno.  Just seems like there were ways around this...especially for the uber wealthy.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:14 pm

Why do I think someone we used to know is going to be in a similar scandal trying to get his kids into college and it's going to involve underaged Asian girls?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:19 pm

alohafri wrote:Why do I think someone we used to know is going to be in a similar scandal trying to get his kids into college and it's going to involve underaged Asian girls?

I think the scandal we're more than likely to see him involved in is that he's running a tug and rub in Florida with women he's sex trafficking.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:41 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:Why do I think someone we used to know is going to be in a similar scandal trying to get his kids into college and it's going to involve underaged Asian girls?

I think the scandal we're more than likely to see him involved in is that he's running a tug and rub in Florida with women he's sex trafficking.
    Well, when he gets paroled, maybe he'll fulfill his dream of getting to meet Cream.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:57 pm

jaywit wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Well, when he gets paroled, maybe he'll fulfill his dream of getting to meet Cream.

Isn't parole for people who have exhibited good behavior?  I'm thinking Kark serves his full sentence.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:54 pm

I'd be the coolest person he ever met.  Cool
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:46 pm

Seems like the entitled Aunt Becky, who refused to strike a plea, had a few more charges thrown against her, and now they're talking about jail time.  Well, hell yes you should get jail time you entitled buffoon.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:15 pm

blondy28 wrote:Seems like the entitled Aunt Becky, who refused to strike a plea, had a few more charges thrown against her, and now they're talking about jail time.  Well, hell yes you should get jail time you entitled buffoon.

Money laundering ….that's what the get the Mob and their lawyers on ...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:11 pm