Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

Border fake crisis

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Border fake crisis Empty Border fake crisis

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:20 pm

I am so damn tired of hearing about this border bullshit.  Homeland Security and US Custorms and Border control stats all say that illegal crossings have been flat or decreasing for about 10 yrs.  They also show that we have net negative illegal immigration right now.  They state that most illegal immigration comes from visa overstays and that most drugs enter through ports of call and over legal border entry locations.  This is such a contrived bullshit argument that I can't believe people even believe any of this.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Border fake crisis Empty Re: Border fake crisis

Post by blondy28 Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:35 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I am so damn tired of hearing about this border bullshit.  Homeland Security and US Custorms and Border control stats all say that illegal crossings have been flat or decreasing for about 10 yrs.  They also show that we have net negative illegal immigration right now.  They state that most illegal immigration comes from visa overstays and that most drugs enter through ports of call and over legal border entry locations.  This is such a contrived bullshit argument that I can't believe people even believe any of this.

Not that hard to believe how people believe this.  We've got some pretty stupid people in this country....and the GOP has seen them coming for decades.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:00 pm

I'm not only locking my doors tonight i'm wedging a chair up against the handle and keeping a baseball bat carefully positioned next to the door. We're in a crises and by god I'm ready!!  affraid
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:14 am

"But you have a fence around your yard!"
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:26 am

alohafri wrote:"But you have a fence around your yard!"

I don't.  Fences are not allowed in my neighborhood.  It is against the rules to "demarcate the lot line".  So no shrubs/hedges either.  Nothing more than 10 feet.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:50 am

yeah, no fences allowed in my neighborhood either.  I only have my two barking asshole dogs to alert me if the killer rapist immigrants try approaching my home.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:57 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:yeah, no fences allowed in my neighborhood either.  I only have my two barking asshole dogs to alert me if the killer rapist immigrants try approaching my home.

Maybe that's the solution.  An electric fence.  What are the chances that we can fit all Mexicans and Central Americans with collars?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:00 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:"But you have a fence around your yard!"

I don't.  Fences are not allowed in my neighborhood.  It is against the rules to "demarcate the lot line".  So no shrubs/hedges either.  Nothing more than 10 feet.

I hate homeowners' associations. I love my next door neighbors, the guy would literally do anything for you. But I don't need to look at his many pool parties during the summer.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:04 pm

I pretty much like the no fence rule in our neighborhood.  It's fairly rural out here and it's beautiful.  Deer and other wildlife passing through the yard, huge trees everywhere, and the ability to see for miles without a fence in the way is a pretty nice thing out here.  The yards in our neighborhood are very big, so fences would be a major eyesore.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:05 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I pretty much like the no fence rule in our neighborhood.  It's fairly rural out here and it's beautiful.  Deer and other wildlife passing through the yard, huge trees everywhere, and the ability to see for miles without a fence in the way is a pretty nice thing out here.  The yards in our neighborhood are very big, so fences would be a major eyesore.

Totally agree.  It's one of the things I love the most about our neighborhood.  Not having fences isn't necessarily typical of an HOA, so you can live on one that allows fences.  HOAs are a pretty good idea (I would say that even if I didn't manage them for a living).  You just need to make sure you buy into one that doesn't have rules that would make it difficult for you to live there.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:34 am

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:I pretty much like the no fence rule in our neighborhood.  It's fairly rural out here and it's beautiful.  Deer and other wildlife passing through the yard, huge trees everywhere, and the ability to see for miles without a fence in the way is a pretty nice thing out here.  The yards in our neighborhood are very big, so fences would be a major eyesore.

Totally agree.  It's one of the things I love the most about our neighborhood.  Not having fences isn't necessarily typical of an HOA, so you can live on one that allows fences.  HOAs are a pretty good idea (I would say that even if I didn't manage them for a living).  You just need to make sure you buy into one that doesn't have rules that would make it difficult for you to live there.

Sometimes the rules evolve over time because someone has some kind of bee in their bonnet ("outlawing" certain colors of paint on one's house, no colored Christmas lights, only white lights on outside trees and bushes, cars not allowed to be parked on the driveway - must be parked in the garage, that sort of thing). Having a dog, I need a fence, not just to keep her in the yard, but to try to keep critters out. I also think that DuPage County ordinance says that if you have a pool, you must have a fence around your yard.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:27 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Sometimes the rules evolve over time because someone has some kind of bee in their bonnet ("outlawing" certain colors of paint on one's house, no colored Christmas lights, only white lights on outside trees and bushes, cars not allowed to be parked on the driveway - must be parked in the garage, that sort of thing). Having a dog, I need a fence, not just to keep her in the yard, but to try to keep critters out. I also think that DuPage County ordinance says that if you have a pool, you must have a fence around your yard.

I've never managed an association that restricted light colors or required you to park in your garage.  There are some architectural restrictions in associations, and colors are usually one of those restrictions, and for good reason.  When I first moved to this house in 2003, there's a house right around the corner from mine that was yellow on 3 sides and pink on the side that faced my house.  They didn't install pink siding.  It appears that somehow over time the yellow siding faded to a light pink color on the side that gets sun exposure.  And in spite of that house being on the main drag of our neighborhood, and in spite of me complaining to the board numerous times, they never required them to fix it.  

Border fake crisis Pink__10

We do get critters going through our yards all the time.  Our neighborhood facebook page has coyote sightings about once a week.  Most owners have electric fences, but there are some people who have dog runs, which are allowed, since they don't demarcate the lot line.  Pools are prohibited here because we have an association pool.  The only pools permitted in the yard are small baby pools.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:50 pm

I wouldn't be opposed to a HOA that required people to keep their lawns up and to refrain from parking in their front lawns.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:44 am