Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

SDNY Sentencing Memo

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

SDNY Sentencing Memo Empty SDNY Sentencing Memo

Post by blondy28 Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:25 pm

I'm only on page 15 of 40.  Fascinating.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

SDNY Sentencing Memo Empty Re: SDNY Sentencing Memo

Post by blondy28 Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:02 pm

And the Manafort stuff.  What seems clear (as if anyone doubted it) is that rich people think they can get away with anything.  Manafort is so arrogant that he thinks he could outsmart the FBI?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:02 pm

blondy28 wrote:I'm only on page 15 of 40.  Fascinating.

"Totally clears the President. Thank you." - DJT
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:05 pm

alohafri wrote:

My husband flipped on Fox to see what they had to say, and Tucker was doing something on Nancy Pelosi and building the wall.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:51 pm

Orange Box of Rocks had better hope the economy holds on because if it starts tanking, his remaining cultist followers will begin turning on him, and impeachment will come after that.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:30 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

My husband flipped on Fox to see what they had to say, and Tucker was doing something on Nancy Pelosi and building the wall.

Diversion and distraction!
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:02 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Orange Box of Rocks had better hope the economy holds on because if it starts tanking, his remaining cultist followers will begin turning on him, and impeachment will come after that.

I wonder. GM plant closed here and the people in the county still support Trump. The minute the economy dumps, the cause will be the democratic House and see how great things were with a GOP house and senate. And beside that, your economy might suck, but the brown people are thriving because of the left, and illegal immigration is rampant since 2018.  Vote Trump!   And the Dem response: "uh, uh, uh,....uh".
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:48 pm

Maybe I am crazy but I believe most people understand the Dems in the House can't take any discernible measures that can affect the economy in significant fashion.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:43 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Maybe I am crazy but I believe most people understand the Dems in the House can't take any discernible measures that can affect the economy in significant fashion.

I'm sure some of these people think the reason the stock market is tanking is because investors are nervous because of the "blue wave" and that the Russia investigation is making investors jittery because they need Trump so their businesses can thrive.  I don't know why you can't connect these very obvious dots, Rob!
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:59 pm

sharpy wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Orange Box of Rocks had better hope the economy holds on because if it starts tanking, his remaining cultist followers will begin turning on him, and impeachment will come after that.

I wonder. GM plant closed here and the people in the county still support Trump. The minute the economy dumps, the cause will be the democratic House and see how great things were with a GOP house and senate. And beside that, your economy might suck, but the brown people are thriving because of the left, and illegal immigration is rampant since 2018.  Vote Trump!   And the Dem response: "uh, uh, uh,....uh".

Here's how I think it might penetrate their thick skulls.  When they do their tax returns, and they owe money, or have a small tax return, they'll be pissed.  I know this from experience...as it's what made me finally register to vote so I could vote against Bush 41.  Now granted, I paid absolutely no attention to politics, and couldn't tell you which party was which, so there's an argument to be made that the Trump supporters are more politically involved, so they won't turn on him as readily as I turned on George H.W., but if these people got a certain return last year and are expecting something similar or more because of this wonderful tax "cut", so the planned a trip to Vegas for a long weekend, and that $2,000 return last year turns out to be a $45 refund this year, and they've already booked their tickets, they're going to feel duped.  The H&R Block guy who told us we were getting $90 back when we had anticipated about $1,000 based on our prior year's return, probably still hasn't recovered.  I about jumped across the desk to strangle him because I realized that we wouldn't be able to get new carpeting in our new (first) house with our refund.  They can point fingers about job losses, etc., but the tax scam can't be rationalized as being a Dem issue.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:28 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    sharpy wrote:

Here's how I think it might penetrate their thick skulls.  When they do their tax returns, and they owe money, or have a small tax return, they'll be pissed.  I know this from experience...as it's what made me finally register to vote so I could vote against Bush 41.  Now granted, I paid absolutely no attention to politics, and couldn't tell you which party was which, so there's an argument to be made that the Trump supporters are more politically involved, so they won't turn on him as readily as I turned on George H.W., but if these people got a certain return last year and are expecting something similar or more because of this wonderful tax "cut", so the planned a trip to Vegas for a long weekend, and that $2,000 return last year turns out to be a $45 refund this year, and they've already booked their tickets, they're going to feel duped.  The H&R Block guy who told us we were getting $90 back when we had anticipated about $1,000 based on our prior year's return, probably still hasn't recovered.  I about jumped across the desk to strangle him because I realized that we wouldn't be able to get new carpeting in our new (first) house with our refund.  They can point fingers about job losses, etc., but the tax scam can't be rationalized as being a Dem issue.

We were notified by our tax preparer in Augus that something like this would happen. It gave us time to add money to our withholdings. So maybe it won't be as bad as we think. Thank God for our preparer.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:03 pm

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    sharpy wrote:

We were notified by our tax preparer in Augus that something like this would happen. It gave us time to add money to our withholdings. So maybe it won't be as bad as we think. Thank God for our preparer.

The people I'm talking about, though, probably don't have "tax preparers".  I mean, maybe they go to H&R Block, like I did back when I was 25, or maybe they do Turbo Tax.  I actually have a tax preparer, but she didn't even contact me.  The on-line calculators showed a pretty bad increase for us, and common sense of losing about $10,000 in SALT deductions coupled with losing a $20,050 personal exemption, and no benefit of an increased child tax credit since my kids are over 18 pretty clearly shows that we're getting dinged pretty bad.  I think a lot of people are going to be shocked.
    jaywit
    Getting to be a Fanboy

Post by jaywit Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:43 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    sharpy wrote:

The people I'm talking about, though, probably don't have "tax preparers".  I mean, maybe they go to H&R Block, like I did back when I was 25, or maybe they do Turbo Tax.  I actually have a tax preparer, but she didn't even contact me.  The on-line calculators showed a pretty bad increase for us, and common sense of losing about $10,000 in SALT deductions coupled with losing a $20,050 personal exemption, and no benefit of an increased child tax credit since my kids are over 18 pretty clearly shows that we're getting dinged pretty bad.  I think a lot of people are going to be shocked.
    But Trump is the demagogue.  He can blame it on the democrat house and the vast majority of his followers will follow.  They don't have to believe Trump to believe in Trump.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:41 pm

I've been reading the Comey hearing transcript, and it's very interesting.  I'm not sure if this was discussed on the Sunday shows, because I don't watch them.  Barbara Lee asked Comey about the FBI opening an investigation against the Trump campaign in July 2016.  Comey corrected that the FBI did not open an investigation against the Trump campaign, but had begun a counterintelligence investigation against 4 Americans to see if they were working with Russia to to influence the 2016 election.  Barbara asked if the 4 people were working for the Trump campaign and Comey responded:  "At least some of them were.  The FBI and the Department of Justice have not confirmed the names of those folks publicly, which is why I'm not going into specifics".  We know about Flynn and Papadopolous and Manafort and Cohen and Carter Page, but according to Comey, at least some of the 4 folks they were investigating have not had their names released publicly.  So the original investigation of 4 included people other than these 5.  If memory serves they'd been investigating Manafort and Flynn for years, so maybe since they were already under investigation, Comey is not referring to them in his reference to the investigation launched in July 2016.  So maybe Papadopolous and Carter Page are 2 of the 4...who are the other 2?  Comey's answer could be read in one of two ways...that the names of the 4 have been speculated about and interviewed by the FBI, but not necessarily confirmed that they, themselves, were being investigated.  OR, he could be saying that there are people whose names aren't even on our radar that were being investigated.  I'm thinking the former maybe makes more sense.  I can't imagine that there are people who were being investigated that aren't even on the radar, but you never know.  So who are these 4?  Don Jr.?  Jared?  Ivanka?  Eric?  I'm only on page 73 of 235, so maybe there's more on this throughout the transcript.

The Republican questions about Hillary's e-mails are so ridiculous and desperate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:55 pm