Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

4 posters

World Series Prediction

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

World Series Prediction Empty World Series Prediction

Post by blondy28 Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:06 pm

Anyone care to make one?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

World Series Prediction Empty Re: World Series Prediction

Post by alohafri Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:40 pm

I'll bite. Red Sox in 5. I can't stand them, but still think they will win in 5.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:44 pm

alohafri wrote:I'll bite. Red Sox in 5. I can't stand them, but still think they will win in 5.

The Dodgers always appear utterly beatable to me.  Kinda surprised they made it this far...especially given how far back they were.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:04 pm

alohafri wrote:I'll bite. Red Sox in 5. I can't stand them, but still think they will win in 5.

I am no boston lover either, but I kinda like this team. Don't look now, but when the Sox got "the best prospect in baseball" (Moncado) for Sale, they also had Benetendi and Devers in their system ….which Hahn passed on ….think they knew something?  Besides, this game 1 has been fun - singles, doubles, no HR yet, situational pitching etc ...old timey baseball - PLUS the Home Plate ump, Tim Timmons, is a Columbus native who, when he was a nobody, I umped with - then he went to the Florida Ump school, got hired and is now umping the fucking WS ...good for him 
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:23 pm

I'd like to see Sale get a ring given what he put up with when with the White Sox.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:35 am

sharpy wrote:

I am no boston lover either, but I kinda like this team. Don't look now, but when the Sox got "the best prospect in baseball" (Moncado) for Sale, they also had Benetendi and Devers in their system ….which Hahn passed on ….think they knew something?  Besides, this game 1 has been fun - singles, doubles, no HR yet, situational pitching etc ...old timey baseball - PLUS the Home Plate ump, Tim Timmons, is a Columbus native who, when he was a nobody, I umped with - then he went to the Florida Ump school, got hired and is now umping the fucking WS ...good for him 

Cool story!

The only non "old timey baseball" was the incessant use of the bullpen.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:35 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers drunken drunken drunken drunken cheers cheers cheers cheers
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:44 am

alohafri wrote:

cheers cheers cheers cheers drunken drunken drunken drunken cheers cheers cheers cheers

Saturday night I went to bed around the 6th inning, and I thought "there goes Aloha's prediction".  

I think the Dodgers need to realize, too, that Kershaw is utterly average in the playoffs.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:58 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Saturday night I went to bed around the 6th inning, and I thought "there goes Aloha's prediction".  

I think the Dodgers need to realize, too, that Kershaw is utterly average in the playoffs.

I think I read that he is the first pitcher to ever lose four "win or go home" games in major league history. If correct, I think you are being kind to him by calling him average in the playoffs.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:04 am

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I think I read that he is the first pitcher to ever lose four "win or go home" games in major league history. If correct, I think you are being kind to him by calling him average in the playoffs.

To be fair, against the Cubs in 2016 in game 6, he was on short rest, but I don't think that was the case in the Boston series in either game he pitched.  I mean, technically, he was on short rest in the first game having pitched the 9th in game 7 against the Brewers, but he certainly was on full rest yesterday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:23 pm