Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

5 posters

37 minutes left. Will the dems have the balls to stand their ground?

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

37 minutes left.  Will the dems have the balls to stand their ground? Empty 37 minutes left. Will the dems have the balls to stand their ground?

Post by blondy28 Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:22 pm

SHUT IT DOWN!
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

37 minutes left.  Will the dems have the balls to stand their ground? Empty Re: 37 minutes left. Will the dems have the balls to stand their ground?

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:42 pm

Seems like they are going to not blink, be it a good or bad idea. Political gamesmanship and calculation is fun to watch...for me, anyway. Not so much for certain others.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

37 minutes left.  Will the dems have the balls to stand their ground? Empty Re: 37 minutes left. Will the dems have the balls to stand their ground?

Post by blondy28 Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:01 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Seems like they are going to not blink, be it a good or bad idea.  Political gamesmanship and calculation is fun to watch...for me, anyway.  Not so much for certain others.

Repubs trying to spin it...of course.  They need to be tougher in their response.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:03 pm

Everyone is spinning it. All political calculation and risk assessment. Don't expect any toughness from wimpy Dems. I suspect they will get jelly spine any moment.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:21 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Everyone is spinning it.  All political calculation and risk assessment.  Don't expect any toughness from wimpy Dems.  I suspect they will get jelly spine any moment.
     McConnell is beside himself.  Suddenly they care about S-Chip or DACA.  McConnell seems genuinely stunned that the dems didn't fold.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:27 pm

They arent giving an inch on DACA, nor do they seem to care about it. The standoff begins. When does the great negotiator get involved?
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:52 pm

Republicans are SHOCKED...absolutely SHOCKED mind you...that the democrats would pull such a stunt. LMAO
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:53 pm

The more time these knuckleheads spend in front of a camera blaming each other, the less time they spend in Congress trying to solve the issue.

By the way, my wife, the legal assistant, has been deemed "essential" and has to go to work tomorrow? Why? Who knows.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:13 pm

alohafri wrote:The more time these knuckleheads spend in front of a camera blaming each other, the less time they spend in Congress trying to solve the issue.

The blame thing is laughable.  I can't believe they waste time on that.  Each side has made a political calculation that this is a battle worth waging.  Each side could end this today if they wanted to end it.  Each side has decided NOT ending this is politically advantageous for them.  We get to sit back and see who blinks first.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:12 pm

And why are there articles about how the troops can't watch the NFL playoffs today? I thought Professor Trump said that the NFL players hated the Armed Forces, so why would the men and women in uniform want to watch the playoffs? I'm surprised the Professor isn't claiming that this is a good thing.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:58 pm

Dems cave.  As usual.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:48 pm

Jelly spine. Dems always give in like the spineless wimps they are. Overall, this turns out ok. They cleared CHIP whilst giving up nothing, and live to fight another day on DACA. Another chance to cave.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:28 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Jelly spine.  Dems always give in like the spineless wimps they are.  Overall, this turns out ok. They cleared CHIP whilst giving up nothing, and live to fight another day on DACA.  Another chance to cave.

I thought it was only a 14 day respite and the GOP promise to continue negotiations on immigration? Wont  this all happen again in early February once this “settlement” ends? If the Dems cave, does that just signal it’s all collusion and they are just as involved in making this a fascist land?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:06 pm

sharpy wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Jelly spine.  Dems always give in like the spineless wimps they are.  Overall, this turns out ok. They cleared CHIP whilst giving up nothing, and live to fight another day on DACA.  Another chance to cave.

I thought it was only a 14 day respite and the GOP promise to continue negotiations on immigration? Wont  this all happen again in early February once this “settlement” ends? If the Dems cave, does that just signal it’s all collusion and they are just as involved in making this a fascist land?

Something like that.  It all ends on Feb 8.  I expect a longer shutdown then.  Dems will spend the next couple weeks stating that THIS TIME they mean business!  There will be a shutdown again, and then they'll cave again.  I say keep extending as long as they can extract something each time.  They got CHIP renewed in this one.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:14 am

I think I've figured out why the Repubs don't want to address the Dreamers situation and be done with it, rather than begin pushing them out of the country this March.  It's because legalizing Dreamers is not a corporate tax break and it's not a tax break for the rich, so why fucking do it?  How is legalizing dreamers going to make us and our donors richer?  It's not.  Oh, then fuck it.  That's pretty much it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:25 am