Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
alohafri
SoxIlliniRob
6 posters

The Sexual Harrassment/Assault House of Cards

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

The Sexual Harrassment/Assault House of Cards - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sexual Harrassment/Assault House of Cards

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:19 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    His enemy was out to kill any American soldier.  Explain to me, then, how he could be "proud" of having been the enemy of that soldier.   That soldier would have thrown that grenade at a child rapist if he was in the U.S. Military.  He didn't make that enemy by the integrity of his positions.  There was nothing PERSONAL about that enemy...which was kinda the point of the question.  He sounded neurotic.  That answer, I can see, would have gone over big at a GOP debate, where those folks **think** they're pro-military, but they're actually pro war.  

And Hillary actually said "in addition to the NRA..." (because it had already been mentioned), then she went on to name many other organizations who have attacked her for the integrity of her positions (which actually answered the question)...one of which was Iran.   Some of those folks seem like they would kill her.

Now ya'all gonna make me go back and rewatch the debate question to see what the hell y'all are yappin about.  I vaguely recollect it and remember thinking dude seemed kinda weird.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

The Sexual Harrassment/Assault House of Cards - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sexual Harrassment/Assault House of Cards

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:25 pm

Watched it.  Yep.  Dude is weird.  Hillary should have just stopped short of saying "Republicans."
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:21 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Watched it.  Yep.  Dude is weird.  Hillary should have just stopped short of saying "Republicans."

He's the Seinfeld PTSD Vietnam vet character.  Seems like a watch ticking too loudly might set him off (do watches still tick???)
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:53 am

(do watches still tick???)

Real watches do!
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:40 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    sharpy wrote:Ultimately, I'm guessing that the Dems REALLY want a female candidate to present as a calm, sensible contrast to the orange moron.  Hopefully they can find one with a tad more popularity than the last one.

Then there's a good chance they will lose again.  Laugh all you want at Biden, but he would have crushed Trump and may again in 2020.  They have to find a middle of the road guy, unfortunately white, and then pick Elizabeth Warren for the vice-presidency, or a minority candidate.  Elizabeth warren will lose - I don't want that, I'm sorry to say it, but she will lose. But what they really have to do - is cut the bullshit. Fuck these primaries where everyone stabs everyone in the back and makes the eventual winner look like a piece of shit. These dumb-ass democrats need to understand the importance of the next 2 years, and if they can't figure that out, then they are in the fascist plan as well and the only hope is the military. They need to get together, all the "great" minds and come up  with who they want to run - and who they want as vice president- and runs them and then get some bozos who will throw any debates and primaries and the 2 golden couple win by landslides and look great . they need to pull together and come together =- and they need to be ruthless and call a spade a spade when debating that asshole in the white house - but if there is still this divided party, its the end. 
    And black people have to vote. Read an article where the democratic party can't get the black voters in Alabama, 40% of the party, to the polls to vote against Moore.  WTF?  They want an end to white supremacy, bad cops killing them, black lives matter, reparations, etc etc etc ...get off your ass and vote 

Had Jim Webb gotten the Democratic nod in 2016, I would have voted for him in a heartbeat. 

It kinda defeats the purpose to have someone with Republican ideology win the Democratic nomination.  That's kinda like me saying "if Kamala Harris was the Republican candidate for President, she would get my vote!"

Yeah, I know. Eugene Debs is too far right for you.

I voted for Ross Perot.  I just would have had a problem voting for the guy who is more like the Vietnam Vet character from Seinfeld who helped Elaine write the Peterman catalog.  I also think running a Democrat who's really a Republican sorta defeats the purpose of what those of us on the left are discussing that we need to do to win elections promoting OUR values.  I don't think changing those values to Republican values is the strategic position we should take.  If we did, we'd just vote for the Republican and call it a week.

I didn't see Jim Webb as a Republican. I saw him as a moderate centrist with common sense. He impressed me with his comment about enemies, which you saw differently than I did. His enemy was out to kill him, not to fight him politically. Last I saw, the NRA, Hillary's "enemy" wasn't trying to kill her.

His enemy was out to kill any American soldier.  Explain to me, then, how he could be "proud" of having been the enemy of that soldier.   That soldier would have thrown that grenade at a child rapist if he was in the U.S. Military.  He didn't make that enemy by the integrity of his positions.  There was nothing PERSONAL about that enemy...which was kinda the point of the question.  He sounded neurotic.  That answer, I can see, would have gone over big at a GOP debate, where those folks **think** they're pro-military, but they're actually pro war.  

And Hillary actually said "in addition to the NRA..." (because it had already been mentioned), then she went on to name many other organizations who have attacked her for the integrity of her positions (which actually answered the question)...one of which was Iran.   Some of those folks seem like they would kill her.

Was the question about political enemies or was it about enemies? I disagree with 99% of what you stand for, yet I don't consider you an enemy. I've never met Kim Jung Un, but since he wants to see us burn in a nuclear fire, I consider him an enemy.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:36 am

alohafri wrote:

Was the question about political enemies or was it about enemies? I disagree with 99% of what you stand for, yet I don't consider you an enemy. I've never met Kim Jung Un, but since he wants to see us burn in a nuclear fire, I consider him an enemy.

"We've all made a few enemies over our political career...which enemy are you most proud of?"

Answers were things like:  The coal lobby, big pharma, NRA and Republicans, health insurance companies, and then the guy that threw the grenade.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:41 am

The guy is a fucking hero. So fuck the NRA, the Coal Lobby, and big pharma being an enemy. 

http://gawker.com/jim-webb-s-crazy-debate-answer-about-killing-a-guy-has-1736401666
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:51 am

Just seems a little weird to me, but he's certainly a hero, at least from what I've been able to read.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:15 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Just seems a little weird to me, but he's certainly a hero, at least from what I've been able to read.

IT WAS WEIRD!  Has nothing to do with whether or not he's a hero.  His response was gratuitous and manipulative.  It's like when Republicans say something about the media or Hillary and don't answer the actual question in the debate, and the audience goes nuts.  Sorry, PTSD boy.  That would work at a GOP debate.  Know your audience.  I mean, gawd knows that McCain is certainly a war hero, and at times, he would appropriately reference those experiences in his responses.  Like, if the questions were actually about war.  Or torture.  Saying you were proud about having the guy throwing the grenade at you as an enemy is ridiculous.  ***YOU*** WERE NOT HIS ENEMY.  ***YOU*** DID NOTHING TO BE HIS ENEMY.  The United States was his enemy.  Gratuitous.  Insane.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:59 am

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Just seems a little weird to me, but he's certainly a hero, at least from what I've been able to read.

IT WAS WEIRD!  Has nothing to do with whether or not he's a hero.  His response was gratuitous and manipulative.  It's like when Republicans say something about the media or Hillary and don't answer the actual question in the debate, and the audience goes nuts.  Sorry, PTSD boy.  That would work at a GOP debate.  Know your audience.  I mean, gawd knows that McCain is certainly a war hero, and at times, he would appropriately reference those experiences in his responses.  Like, if the questions were actually about war.  Or torture.  Saying you were proud about having the guy throwing the grenade at you as an enemy is ridiculous.  ***YOU*** WERE NOT HIS ENEMY.  ***YOU*** DID NOTHING TO BE HIS ENEMY.  The United States was his enemy.  Gratuitous.  Insane.

Seemed almost like he didn't really understand the question.  Either that, or he understood the question and took it in a gratuitous direction...but he doesn't strike me as a gratuitous type of guy so much as he seems to just be kind of goofy.  My guess is that he doesn't think of himself as really having political enemies, so to speak, so he just came up with the military answer so he could say something that gets a laugh or some applause.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:53 pm

Just seems a little weird to me,

*****************************************************************************************

Considering what is currently sitting in the oval office...there's concern about Webb being a little on the odd side? scratch
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:27 pm

cream919 wrote:Just seems a little weird to me,

*****************************************************************************************

Considering what is currently sitting in the oval office...there's concern about Webb being a little on the odd side? scratch

Now that you mention it, smartest thing you've said in months.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:53 pm

Accidents happen.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:26 am