Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

2 posters

Super Bowl

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Super Bowl Empty Super Bowl

Post by alohafri Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:41 pm

So I've learned on social media today that if you didn't like the halftime show last night, you are a racist. It's not that you don't like the music, it's that you are definitely a racist.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Super Bowl Empty Re: Super Bowl

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:00 pm

God, I hope folks aren't saying that.  I've heard suggestions that folks who were offended by it are racist.  I'm not sure I agree with that, either.  That said, I sure enjoyed it.  I can't get the song California Love out of my head ever since.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:40 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:God, I hope folks aren't saying that.  I've heard suggestions that folks who were offended by it are racist.  I'm not sure I agree with that, either.  That said, I sure enjoyed it.  I can't get the song California Love out of my head ever since.

They are saying it. I didn't watch it. It's not my type of music. Then again, if they had Pearl Jam as the halftime act, I wouldn't watch that either. I think they should just show the Beatles rooftop concert from 1970. That, I'd watch.

I did watch the Puppy Bowl for awhile and found Snoop to be great! Still not a fan of his music, but I like him.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:25 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:God, I hope folks aren't saying that.  I've heard suggestions that folks who were offended by it are racist.  I'm not sure I agree with that, either.  That said, I sure enjoyed it.  I can't get the song California Love out of my head ever since.

They are saying it. I didn't watch it. It's not my type of music. Then again, if they had Pearl Jam as the halftime act, I wouldn't watch that either. I think they should just show the Beatles rooftop concert from 1970. That, I'd watch.

I did watch the Puppy Bowl for awhile and found Snoop to be great! Still not a fan of his music, but I like him.

If someone thinks you're racist for not liking that music, then they're not worth even responding to.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:04 pm

Wasn't a response to me, but there were plenty of responses to others on social media. It seems to be the "go to" these days for some people. It's one of those things that is hard to defend against, especially by people who don't know you or your thoughts. The only people I would even consider calling racists are those who have REAL evidence of it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:33 am