Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Oddly enough baseball

telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Oddly enough baseball Empty Oddly enough baseball

Post by telefrank Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:20 pm

Sox are in the playoffs. How about that. 

Sorry for interrupting whatever happens here these days. 
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Oddly enough baseball Empty Re: Oddly enough baseball

Post by alohafri Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:52 pm

telefrank wrote:Sox are in the playoffs. How about that. 

Sorry for interrupting whatever happens here these days. 

First time in 12 years. Frank, what are your thoughts? Silly season? Mark a champion with an asterisk? Any championship is on par with any other championship?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:10 pm

Quit yer confusing me with yer weird baseball talk, Frank.  

I feel like the Sox jelled a year early, and that's a good problem.  I have absolutely no expectations for them in the postseason.  If they do well, great.  That'd be nice.  But I won't lose any sleep if they drop in the first round.  

I don't feel very good about their starting pitching.  Giolito has been decent, but outside of his no-hitter, he's been kind of meh.  Keuchel is our most reliable pitcher and he has a back ache.  I actually feel spectacular about Dunning if he can figure out how to last 7-8 innings.  Cease looks to me like he's another year or two away from being reliable past the 5th inning.  The relief pitching is encouraging.  Foster, Bummer, Frye, Colome', Heuer....that's a damn solid group.

I'm not yet buying into Luis Robert.  He's a project.  Guy can't catch up to a fastball lately.  He's 0-2 in every at bat.  he'll chase any slider off the plate.  And I've not been impressed by his hands in the outfield.  All that said, he's been productive considering all of these criticisms.  He reminds me of where Eloy was at 50 games into last season.  Robert is probably going to be a star, or something better, but he still makes me nervous in the outfield. 

Right now, I want to see Moncada get healthy or get normal or whatever is his problem.  If he gets back to normal, and Bummer comes back strong, and Keuchel comes back strong, and Luis Robert starts to get it back in gear in the next 10 games, then I really like their chances to make some good noise in the playoffs.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:47 pm

And now the Sox appear to be in a free-fall. Will Ricky ever admit that Engel is better than Mazara? Mazara has only 11 more RBIs than I do, and he gets all the playing time. Will Ricky ever admit that Encarnacion is done? What do these two have on him?

If this was a regular year, this would be happening in June or July and by now, the Sox would be out of the playoff race. They would have learned and they'd improve next year. Now, I just wonder...
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:49 pm

The Tribe just seem to have our number this year.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 8:17 pm