Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
Nomads44
cream919
6 posters

Dumbass baseball

cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Dumbass baseball Empty Dumbass baseball

Post by cream919 Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:03 pm

Watching the Brewers/Dodgers this afternoon. Let's review:

So the Brewers's starter is pitching brilliantly. What happens? He has the audacity to give up a base hit with a 2-0 lead in the 6th inning. I think there was 2 outs. He had thrown something like 64 pitches. (a good first inning for White Sox pitchers) What does the manager do? Pushes the panic button and yanks him. Are you fucking kidding me??? 

Hey you fucking idiot...how did that work out for you? 

Absolutely unbelievable.
    Nomads44
    Nomads44
    Not a Fanboy

Dumbass baseball Empty Re: Dumbass baseball

Post by Nomads44 Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Plus, wasn't Miley a great part of their offense up to that point?  MLB is sick with all this pitch count crap and yanking pitchers so quickly.  Maybe they should limit the roster to only ten pitchers and only be able to activate one if a pitcher is placed on the DL during the game, or if the game goes beyond 12 innings or something.  13 and 14 pitchers on the roster is nuts.  I guess the managers think they have to justify their presence and give them some work.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:36 pm

cream919 wrote:Watching the Brewers/Dodgers this afternoon. Let's review:

So the Brewers's starter is pitching brilliantly. What happens? He has the audacity to give up a base hit with a 2-0 lead in the 6th inning. I think there was 2 outs. He had thrown something like 64 pitches. (a good first inning for White Sox pitchers) What does the manager do? Pushes the panic button and yanks him. Are you fucking kidding me??? 

Absolutely unbelievable.

That wasn't really him pushing the panic button.  What you describe has pretty much been their strategic approach all year.   Milwaukee typically goes to there pen probably in the 5th or so, sometimes earlier.  Their pen is SOLID, and overall much better than their starters.  My husband was telling me that Tampa has implementing this approach as well.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:48 pm

My husband was telling me that Tampa has implementing this approach as well.

actually trialed their relievers starting the game and the starters coming in in the 3rd and trying to pitch their six innings, if possible.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:55 pm

sharpy wrote:My husband was telling me that Tampa has implementing this approach as well.

actually trialed their relievers starting the game and the starters coming in in the 3rd and trying to pitch their six innings, if possible.

Interesting. I can't imagine that works very well.  Starters and relievers....especially closers...have much different mentalities.  If your 4th or 5th guy in the rotation is closing out games, would they have much success?
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:30 pm

So you pull someone throwing a fantastic game just because that's the way you've been doing it? The guy hadn't even broken a sweat. Sorry....I don't agree and it blew up in their face. They got what they deserved.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:24 am

cream919 wrote:So you pull someone throwing a fantastic game just because that's the way you've been doing it? The guy hadn't even broken a sweat. Sorry....I don't agree and it blew up in their face. They got what they deserved.

I don't agree with it either.  I'm just saying he wasn't pulled because of anything he did.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:39 am

blondy28 wrote:

Absolutely unbelievable.

That wasn't really him pushing the panic button.  What you describe has pretty much been their strategic approach all year.   Milwaukee typically goes to there pen probably in the 5th or so, sometimes earlier.  Their pen is SOLID, and overall much better than their starters.  My husband was telling me that Tampa has implementing this approach as well.

More than just Milwaukee and Tampa. This is becoming the norm throughout baseball, hence four and a half hour games.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:23 pm

Absolutely unbelievable.

WOW.  Brewers pitcher just walked leadoff man, and he was yanked.  Now that's pretty unbelievable.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:56 pm

blondy28 wrote:

Absolutely unbelievable.

WOW.  Brewers pitcher just walked leadoff man, and he was yanked.  Now that's pretty unbelievable.

I think it was a plan that blew up in their faces.
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:09 am

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Absolutely unbelievable.

It was. Made to get the Dodgers to put in a right handed line up and then change. Screw up Dodgers as they can't just pull guys -and also pinch hitting roles.
    Didn't get a chance to watch as I was in a meeting, but curious. How did it "blow up in their face?" other than losing to Kershaw (that's not hard to do)
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:36 am

frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Absolutely unbelievable.

It was. Made to get the Dodgers to put in a right handed line up and then change. Screw up Dodgers as they can't just pull guys -and also pinch hitting roles.
    Didn't get a chance to watch as I was in a meeting, but curious. How did it "blow up in their face?" other than losing to Kershaw (that's not hard to do)

I think it blew up in that righty/lefty aside, they had a really darned good pitcher on the mound.  I think they said he's getting the next start, but geez, you never want to be on the brink of elimination, even if you're going to be heading home.  Just ask Cleveland how much a home field guarantees a series win.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:17 am

blondy28 wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Absolutely unbelievable.

I think it blew up in that righty/lefty aside, they had a really darned good pitcher on the mound.  I think they said he's getting the next start, but geez, you never want to be on the brink of elimination, even if you're going to be heading home.  Just ask Cleveland how much a home field guarantees a series win.

That's what I was thinking too Blondy. In a short series, you can't be planning out too far in advance. Having your backs to the wall is not a good position to be in. This was different from the Red Sox saying that Sale will be unavailable to start game five in their series. They want to make sure he's 100%. As a buddy of mine said, "Counsell seems to be managing like Maddon." And he didn't mean it as a compliment.
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:19 am

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Absolutely unbelievable.

That's what I was thinking too Blondy. In a short series, you can't be planning out too far in advance. Having your backs to the wall is not a good position to be in. This was different from the Red Sox saying that Sale will be unavailable to start game five in their series. They want to make sure he's 100%. As a buddy of mine said, "Counsell seems to be managing like Maddon." And he didn't mean it as a compliment.
     I understand that-but, in his defense , his really good pitcher has a much better chance to win when there is no Kershaw on the other team's mound.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:22 am

frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Absolutely unbelievable.

I understand that-but, in his defense , his really good pitcher has a much better chance to win when there is no Kershaw on the other team's mound.

Kershaw was the losing pitcher in game one and looked awful.
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:46 am

blondy28 wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Absolutely unbelievable.

Guess he returned to the Kershaw he always has been.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:50 am

frank bonifacic wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

Absolutely unbelievable.

Guess he returned to the Kershaw he always has been.

Makes you wonder if it would have been a closer game had Milwaukee kept Miley in.  His ERA in the playoffs is lower than Kershaw's and he swings a mean bat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:48 pm