Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Kasich, tonight's DNC Speaker

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Kasich, tonight's DNC Speaker Empty Kasich, tonight's DNC Speaker

Post by alohafri Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:28 pm

I guess since the far left is placing him with Trump and the far right thinks he is a far left liberal, he is a moderate.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Kasich, tonight's DNC Speaker Empty Re: Kasich, tonight's DNC Speaker

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:24 pm

He is actually squarely a conservative. Very conservative, but not crazy. And a decent guy, which I thought he was in 2016.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:58 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:He is actually squarely a conservative.  Very conservative, but not crazy.  And a decent guy, which I thought he was in 2016.

That's not what is being said. I agree with you. I wrote him in on my 2016 ballot. "Your people" are linking him with Trump, "my people" are saying he's The Squad. Is this where we have come in this country? The extremists control the spread of (mis)information?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:54 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:He is actually squarely a conservative.  Very conservative, but not crazy.  And a decent guy, which I thought he was in 2016.

That's not what is being said. I agree with you. I wrote him in on my 2016 ballot. "Your people" are linking him with Trump, "my people" are saying he's The Squad. Is this where we have come in this country? The extremists control the spread of (mis)information?

I suppose, but I tend to tune out the crazies at each end of the spectrum and just treat them as outliers or anomalies.  Most of the Dems I know were pretty happy to see Kasich do what he did.  Most of the Repubs I know pretty much understood why he did it, but wished that he didn't.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:29 pm

alohafri wrote:

I know what you're saying, but The Squad may be on the extreme left (in your opinion) in terms of policy, but the Trump extremists are lying trash.  And I don't even mean lying in political terms...like McConnell acting like he was holding off on letting Obama fill a SCOTUS vacancy because voters should decide.  I mean the lunatics Qanon people, who are conspiracy nuts.  The Lincoln Project Republicans are still in the minority of the party.  The Qanon people are in the majority of the party, and they're totally off their rockers.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:35 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I suppose, but I tend to tune out the crazies at each end of the spectrum and just treat them as outliers or anomalies.  Most of the Dems I know were pretty happy to see Kasich do what he did.  Most of the Repubs I know pretty much understood why he did it, but wished that he didn't.

The crazies are the only ones who get any media coverage, and I'm not one to beat up on the media. But who do people tune in to hear about? The nutballs who want to eliminate the police, the nutballs who want to eliminate all religions except for Evangelical Christianity, or people who say, "you know what, we can do better and I have some ideas that won't make everyone happy, but will make us a better country and a country where people will get along better"? The media is a for profit business. 
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:05 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

The crazies are the only ones who get any media coverage, and I'm not one to beat up on the media. But who do people tune in to hear about? The nutballs who want to eliminate the police, the nutballs who want to eliminate all religions except for Evangelical Christianity, or people who say, "you know what, we can do better and I have some ideas that won't make everyone happy, but will make us a better country and a country where people will get along better"? The media is a for profit business. 

Same point I've been making for ten years.  It's a business to make a profit.  The media, in theory, wants to cover everyone equally.  In reality, ratings are all that matter to them in the end.  If people will tune in to watch Trump spew hate, then they'll cover his hate rally.  If they'll tune in to watch Obama give a speech, then that gets covered.  They love to cover AOC, cuz everyone wants to see what she's going to say, good or bad.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:31 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Same point I've been making for ten years.  It's a business to make a profit.  The media, in theory, wants to cover everyone equally.  In reality, ratings are all that matter to them in the end.  If people will tune in to watch Trump spew hate, then they'll cover his hate rally.  If they'll tune in to watch Obama give a speech, then that gets covered.  They love to cover AOC, cuz everyone wants to see what she's going to say, good or bad.

The politically-charged media, who shall remain nameless, believes they have all the ratings they want. They have their hard core group of supporters, and they know that others will tune in just to hear what craziness they spout. 
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:41 am

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

The politically-charged media, who shall remain nameless, believes they have all the ratings they want. They have their hard core group of supporters, and they know that others will tune in just to hear what craziness they spout. 

I wish they would cover Qanon.  That's next level crazy, but you hear very little about it.  And they're dangerous.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:10 am

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I wish they would cover Qanon.  That's next level crazy, but you hear very little about it.  And they're dangerous.

Is it some kind of unwritten rule that they won't? I agree. Trump brought them up in yesterday's presser. All of the networks should have exposes on this group of crazies, exposing those new nominees who are believers.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:37 am

alohafri wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Is it some kind of unwritten rule that they won't? I agree. Trump brought them up in yesterday's presser. All of the networks should have exposes on this group of crazies, exposing those new nominees who are believers.

I'm not sure why they're not talking about it more.  Doubt they're talking about it at all on Fox.  Fairly sure they're not writing about it in local paper, which is where people like my mother in law get their news.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content