Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

John Kasich

SoxIlliniRob
    Not a Fanboy

John Kasich

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Sun May 07, 2017 10:04 pm

I'm watching my DVR'd most recent episode of Bill Maher and he's interviewing John Kasich for the first 15 mins of the show and all I can ask is to wonder how in the hell this guy couldn't win the nomination over the orange presidunce we currently have? One need not agree with him philosophically in order to quickly determine that he's 1,000 times the intellect of Commander Crazypants. It truly baffles me that this guy couldn't get the nomination over Donald.
    alohafri
    Not a Fanboy

Re: John Kasich

Post by alohafri on Mon May 08, 2017 6:54 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I'm watching my DVR'd most recent episode of Bill Maher and he's interviewing John Kasich for the first 15 mins of the show and all I can ask is to wonder how in the hell this guy couldn't win the nomination over the orange presidunce we currently have?  One need not agree with him philosophically in order to quickly determine that he's 1,000 times the intellect of Commander Crazypants.  It truly baffles me that this guy couldn't get the nomination over Donald.  

Despite all of the Donald's complaining about the media, they covered him no matter what he did...getting off of airplanes, eating dinner, dropping a deuce. The rest of the Republican field couldn't buy coverage. Most of the rest of the candidates devolved into the personal attacks ala Trump in hopes of getting some coverage. Kasich seemed to try to stay above the fray and paint himself as a voice of reason. We don't need that in a world of ratings!
    SoxIlliniRob
    Not a Fanboy

Post by SoxIlliniRob on Mon May 08, 2017 8:14 am

It was most certainly a ratings bonanza for the networks. Morning Joe on MSNBC couldn't stop wetting themselves to interview him or talk about Trump. Still, just five mins of listening to Kasich and you know he's several thousand times the man and intellect of Trump. Rubio doesn't strike me as very bright or authentic. Cruz is slimy. Christie is a bit of a blowhard. But Kasich is calm, smart and dignified. I probably don't agree with him 80% of the time on political issues, but we differ within normal standards that don't scare the MF out of me. A Kasich presidency wouldn't make me fear for the future of the country.
    alohafri
    Not a Fanboy

Post by alohafri on Mon May 08, 2017 9:43 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:It was most certainly a ratings bonanza for the networks.  Morning Joe on MSNBC couldn't stop wetting themselves to interview him or talk about Trump.  Still, just five mins of listening to Kasich and you know he's several thousand times the man and intellect of Trump.  Rubio doesn't strike me as very bright or authentic.  Cruz is slimy.  Christie is a bit of a blowhard.  But Kasich is calm, smart and dignified.  I probably don't agree with him 80% of the time on political issues, but we differ within normal standards that don't scare the MF out of me.  A Kasich presidency wouldn't make me fear for the future of the country.  

In these political times, I think looking for someone you disagree with the least gives you a better shot at finding someone to vote for. My political ideals are all over the board. The Democrats and Republicans hate me. I know that Kasich has made it very difficult for teachers in Ohio, but I'm more aligned with him socially than say Hillary, Cruz, and the Donald. I also think that Kasich is one who can work with both Democrats and Republicans.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:27 am