Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
blondy28
SoxIlliniRob
6 posters

Impeachment hearings

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Impeachment hearings Empty Impeachment hearings

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:51 pm

Enjoying listening to this shit show while I work today.  Amazing that Sekulow would just flat out lie and state that the Repubs weren't allowed in the deposition room in the basement.  Right there on national TV in an impeachment courtroom.  While I'm glad Schiff pointed it out for all to hear, he was nice and said Repubs were mistaken when they made this claim.  Quit being such a pussy.  Call them liars!!!!

So far, Schiff making very nice, organized arguments.  GOP responses mostly disjointed.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Impeachment hearings Empty Re: Impeachment hearings

Post by blondy28 Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:48 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Enjoying listening to this shit show while I work today.  Amazing that Sekulow would just flat out lie and state that the Repubs weren't allowed in the deposition room in the basement.  Right there on national TV in an impeachment courtroom.  While I'm glad Schiff pointed it out for all to hear, he was nice and said Repubs were mistaken when they made this claim.  Quit being such a pussy.  Call them liars!!!!

So far, Schiff making very nice, organized arguments.  GOP responses mostly disjointed.

I do NOT like the congresswoman from Florida.  I wish they'd have chosen Swallwell (sp?).
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:04 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Enjoying listening to this shit show while I work today.  Amazing that Sekulow would just flat out lie and state that the Repubs weren't allowed in the deposition room in the basement.  Right there on national TV in an impeachment courtroom.  While I'm glad Schiff pointed it out for all to hear, he was nice and said Repubs were mistaken when they made this claim.  Quit being such a pussy.  Call them liars!!!!

I do NOT like the congresswoman from Florida.  I wish they'd have chosen Swallwell (sp?).

She's struggling to get her point across concisely.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:47 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:

She's struggling to get her point across concisely.

Yeah, it was really bad.  I had to turn it off.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:17 am

I watched a little bit while I was working out. The health club had Fox, MSNBC, and ABC on the screens. They had just voted for tabling the first resolution brought by the Democrats, and had gone to commentary. Interesting comments (yes, I was multitasking on the treadmill). Michael Steele said that what the Republicans basically wanted was to have witnesses come in after the jury had rendered a decision. The Fox whore, McSomethingorother, kept referring to "we" and "us" when she was talking about the Republicans in the Senate.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:39 pm

What's with the talk of trading a Hunter Biden subpoena for a Bolton subpoena?  if I'm the Dems I tell them "we're not trading anything.  You have the majority.  If you want Biden, then subpoena him.  You have the votes."  I suspect there's not a chance in hell they'll subpoena Biden because they know that the country knows he's not material to this.  Of course, the stupid shlubs will want him called, but they dumb.  I'm better there aren't more than a couple dozen Repubs dumb enough to subpoena Hunter Biden.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I don't care if he shows up and testifies.  They aren't going to want to delay this trial to get him under wraps anyway.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:08 pm

Schiff has been nothing short of brilliant.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:22 pm

blondy28 wrote:Schiff has been nothing short of brilliant.

Agreed.  He's truly skilled at making the case in organized form that doesn't get muddled or confusing.  No hiccups or pauses.  Just fluidly rolls through the material and makes a strong case.  Similar to Pelosi, I didn't really realize how much I liked this guy.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:17 am

Rumor has it Rob Portman is retiring from the senate. To me, another rat jumping the sinking ship. However with nothing to lose, does he do the right Thing?
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:56 am

sharpy wrote:Rumor has it Rob Portman is retiring from the senate. To me, another rat jumping the sinking ship. However with nothing to lose, does he do the right Thing?

Fuck no he won't do the right thing.  He wants a $1 million a year lobbying job after retirement.  If he messes with the Trump base, his only chances after the senate would be to go to MSNBC and be a pundit.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:12 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:What's with the talk of trading a Hunter Biden subpoena for a Bolton subpoena?  if I'm the Dems I tell them "we're not trading anything.  You have the majority.  If you want Biden, then subpoena him.  You have the votes."  I suspect there's not a chance in hell they'll subpoena Biden because they know that the country knows he's not material to this.  Of course, the stupid shlubs will want him called, but they dumb.  I'm better there aren't more than a couple dozen Repubs dumb enough to subpoena Hunter Biden.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I don't care if he shows up and testifies.  They aren't going to want to delay this trial to get him under wraps anyway.

Again I ask, how does Team Trump explain relevance? "He did it because he thought Biden did it"? I know the trial is a sham, but to any normal thinking American, this doesn't work in real life. We all tried that with our parents and we got some variation of "if he jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?"
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:43 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

Agreed.  He's truly skilled at making the case in organized form that doesn't get muddled or confusing.  No hiccups or pauses.  Just fluidly rolls through the material and makes a strong case.  Similar to Pelosi, I didn't really realize how much I liked this guy.

He's just amazing.  It's must-see TV when he's on.  I really like Hakeem Jeffries, too, but Schiff is about as good as I've ever seen.  Obama is maybe the best speaker, but Schiff is doing more than just speaking.  I know the house managers are former attornies and prosecutors.  Do you think they have done all their own preparations of the materials they're presenting?
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:44 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:What's with the talk of trading a Hunter Biden subpoena for a Bolton subpoena?  if I'm the Dems I tell them "we're not trading anything.  You have the majority.  If you want Biden, then subpoena him.  You have the votes."  I suspect there's not a chance in hell they'll subpoena Biden because they know that the country knows he's not material to this.  Of course, the stupid shlubs will want him called, but they dumb.  I'm better there aren't more than a couple dozen Repubs dumb enough to subpoena Hunter Biden.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I don't care if he shows up and testifies.  They aren't going to want to delay this trial to get him under wraps anyway.

Again I ask, how does Team Trump explain relevance? "He did it because he thought Biden did it"? I know the trial is a sham, but to any normal thinking American, this doesn't work in real life. We all tried that with our parents and we got some variation of "if he jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?"

I love how Schiff is calling out every argument the Trump attorneys are going to make and how absurd they are.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:17 pm

Hearing Trump's team's defense is going to be Biden, Biden, and more Biden.  Shameful.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:50 pm

blondy28 wrote:Hearing Trump's team's defense is going to be Biden, Biden, and more Biden.  Shameful.

Makes perfect sense.  They don't have a case, so go ahead and begin the negative campaigning for 2020.

I'm actually kind of glad they're going to do this.  I think the 35% base will love it, but I believe centrist folks will see through it.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:38 pm

I have a question. The senate is the jury on this trial but is not Roberts the judge who presided over the hearing? So when a question comes up - procedures, witnesses, objections, Why Doesn't Roberts have the ruling hand, like in any trial? 
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:52 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:Hearing Trump's team's defense is going to be Biden, Biden, and more Biden.  Shameful.

Makes perfect sense.  They don't have a case, so go ahead and begin the negative campaigning for 2020.

I'm actually kind of glad they're going to do this.  I think the 35% base will love it, but I believe centrist folks will see through it.

It absolutely breaks my heart.  I suspect it will be hurtful to Biden, primarily because his former collegues will be just ripping Hunter Biden to shreds.  My son is struggling badly.  Hunter Biden is as well (although I don't know everything about him).  I just think about if they were destroying my son because they want to win an election.
    joepoe
    joepoe
    Not a Fanboy

Post by joepoe Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:48 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:

You guys are scaring the shit out of me that there are intelligent people on this planet who actually believe that Schiff is a genius. He has painted himself into a corner with his hyberbole. And alienated half the Senate with his insults.  This whole thing is going nowhere. Not impeachable. A democrat congress impeachment process that was so half ass as to be laughable. A Speaker who should just retire already with her insane rhetoric about how critical it was to get this done before XMas and then sat on it for 33 days.
    Actually I am not scared, I am laughing my ass off. When the "whistle blower allegation came out I thought the Dems really had Trump. But they had a nibble, not the big one. Be ready for Trump 2020, Pence 2024, Nikki Haley 2032 and Tulsi 2020.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:21 pm

joepoe wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

You guys are scaring the shit out of me that there are intelligent people on this planet who actually believe that Schiff is a genius. He has painted himself into a corner with his hyberbole. And alienated half the Senate with his insults.  This whole thing is going nowhere. Not impeachable. A democrat congress impeachment process that was so half ass as to be laughable. A Speaker who should just retire already with her insane rhetoric about how critical it was to get this done before XMas and then sat on it for 33 days.
    Actually I am not scared, I am laughing my ass off. When the "whistle blower allegation came out I thought the Dems really had Trump. But they had a nibble, not the big one. Be ready for Trump 2020, Pence 2024, Nikki Haley 2032 and Tulsi 2020.

I don't think Schiff is a genius.  I think he's very good, though.  I've seen MANY conservative pundits comment that he's been good, great...even fantastic in these hearings.  Several GOP senators have been said to have told him he's been great.  Yeah, they were butthurt that they felt he insulted them, but they don't give a shit that they're listening to clear examples of abuse of power.  It's all opinion.  You have one.  I have one.  Nobody gives a fuck.  The Dems WOULD have Trump, but there's nothing that's going to cause GOP senators to vote to convict unless public opinion moves strongly against Trump.  When opinion moves and these cowards are no longer fearful of losing their primaries, they'll vote to convict.  Until then, none of this matters.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:49 pm

By the way, I love this notion that one can argue that this is "not impeachable."  Maybe you ought to study your civics.  The House, in a majority vote, impeached your hero.  Thusly, this is definitely impeachable.  Not only that, if a group of senators grew a spine and 67 voted to convict, then he'd be out of office, regardless of your opinion, or Alan Dershowitz' opinion (which strongly conflicts with his opinion during the Clinton impeachment).  If the House wants to impeach Trump because he has bad breath, they could do that.  And if the Senate voted in strong enough numbers, he'd be out.  So save that shit about this not being impeachable, and go read a book on government.  The House decides what's impeachable.  Pure and simple.  

Additionally, the argument that abuse of power isn't impeachable is laughable and is a position that's held by more or less nobody not involved in defending your hero.  If this president decided he's no longer going to do anything besides golf, or decided he's going to have his IRS do audits on everyone running on the Dem ticket or have AG Barr investigate all of them, those would all be abuses of power and would all not only be impeachable, but would likely result in his impeachment.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:59 pm

Actually I am not scared, I am laughing my ass off. When the "whistle blower allegation came out I thought the Dems really had Trump. But they had a nibble, not the big one. Be ready for Trump 2020, Pence 2024, Nikki Haley 2032 and Tulsi 2020

And I can guarantee you this scenario won't happen. You see, you and the hypocritical homophobic "Christians ' in this country are dying off - with the white is everything, and everyone for themselves mentally - which younger generations realize is a losing proposition going forward, soon to be limited to your "holy land' - the deep south. This exodus off the face of the earth will be hastened if Trump is elected and when by "executive order" (democratic congress will never pass it, but so what, he doesn't believe in the constitution anyway) he cuts medicare and social security benefits (which he and McConnell both have said are coming), thus causing your age group and any poor folk to get sicker and die. I know you don't take Medicare, which to someone in the medical profession speaks to how ignorant of reality you really must be, but be prepared b/c when there is no medicare, there will not be any pressure on insurance companies to cover the aged - why? No competition and bc they are a BAD risk group. I hope your kids are rich - in the top 1%, because there will be no middle class if your scenario runs its course - there will be the politburo and the masses - a fascist regime.   I'm sure you think your POS president has done nothing wrong, that he "speaks just what I feel", and I'm also sure you were clamoring for Obama's impeachment when he wore a tan suit and saluted a soldier holding a cup of coffee.  Your hypocrisy, hidden I'm sure by your devotion of going to church every sunday to support the organized pedophilia ring- is disgusting.    Here's some advice you can pass on to the retard in the White  House who has already said he isn't leaving should he lose the election- not a good idea to call your Generals "dopes" and "idiots" - especially when they all fought in Nam and you pussied out.  He should remember who has the guns - and if you are going to be a fascist dictator, you don't want some general blowing your head off in the name of the constitution. You, McConnell, Trump, graham, etc are all dinosaurs - grasping at every last straw to keep your grip on a country that was dominated by your kind but which you see slipping thru your fingers - your cold, arthritic, dying fingers - enjoy your reign while it lasts. 
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:13 pm

Why even argue Tim? these fake patriots can;t even be reasoned with....too busy pissing all over the constitution. Somebody oughta ask my ex-marine two tour Viet Nam 70 something brother what he thinks of their wonderful pussy president. The times are about to change and sooner than the likes of "party before country" clowns like Joe Poe might think.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:54 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    joepoe wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

I don't think Schiff is a genius.  I think he's very good, though.  I've seen MANY conservative pundits comment that he's been good, great...even fantastic in these hearings.  Several GOP senators have been said to have told him he's been great.  Yeah, they were butthurt that they felt he insulted them, but they don't give a shit that they're listening to clear examples of abuse of power.  It's all opinion.  You have one.  I have one.  Nobody gives a fuck.  The Dems WOULD have Trump, but there's nothing that's going to cause GOP senators to vote to convict unless public opinion moves strongly against Trump.  When opinion moves and these cowards are no longer fearful of losing their primaries, they'll vote to convict.  Until then, none of this matters.

Yeah, I don't recall anyone saying Schiff is a "genius".  Trump, however, is.  A very stable genius.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:14 am

Trump has already said that he is owed 2024 as well. After that, it will be Ivanka, then Don-Don, then Eric. I'm booking my flight to China as we speak so I can expose myself to the coronavirus and be done with this POS in the White House and his whole fucking family.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:11 pm

Clearly the chief justice does not participate in Fanboy Central...specifically Blago's Prison Cell.  He just bungled Blago's last name in a question submitted by the GOP.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:10 am