Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+4
Fanboy For Life
sharpy
blondy28
SoxIlliniRob
8 posters

Spicey

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Spicey - Page 3 Empty Re: Spicey

Post by alohafri Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:16 pm

cream919 wrote:He ain't going nowhere and if his health holds he's primed for another run in 2020. This guy's enjoys playing with his new toy, the United States of America, far too much to walk away from the presidency.

By verbally abusing Republican senators, he's making impeachment just a bit more possible. I'm sure McConnell would love to have Pence in the Oval Office over this fool.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:33 pm

alohafri wrote:
    cream919 wrote:He ain't going nowhere and if his health holds he's primed for another run in 2020. This guy's enjoys playing with his new toy, the United States of America, far too much to walk away from the presidency.

By verbally abusing Republican senators, he's making impeachment just a bit more possible. I'm sure McConnell would love to have Pence in the Oval Office over this fool.

McConnell is Trump's bitch and will be for however long he's in office.  The perils of representing Kentucky.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:41 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

McConnell is Trump's bitch and will be for however long he's in office.  The perils of representing Kentucky.

Yeah, no shit.  Kentuckians love Trump.  McConnell will fall in line and like it.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:31 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Yeah, no shit.  Kentuckians love Trump.  McConnell will fall in line and like it.

McConnell is actually saying "maybe it's time we reach out to Democrats and see what they have to offer" (or something to that effect).

Sorry Tim, but Kasich sounded good this morning on whatever channel he was on (CBS?).
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:39 pm

Not if you play the numbers - takes 218 House votes to impeach, which means of the 240 GOP members, you subtract the 24 tea partiers who will never impeach, that leaves 216 members, of which 24 will have to flip to impeach, and that's assuming all the dems and independents stay firm and impeach.
    Then as you know, 2/3 of the senate has to convict, which means at least 21 GOP senators will have to flip sides....I think Trump is safe 
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:41 pm

Sorry Tim, but Kasich sounded good this morning on whatever channel he was on (CBS?).

Kevin, as a teacher, you will have to get into a long line to take your shot at him. 
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:03 pm

sharpy wrote:By verbally abusing Republican senators, he's making impeachment just a bit more possible. I'm sure McConnell would love to have Pence in the Oval Office over this fool.

Not if you play the numbers - takes 218 House votes to impeach, which means of the 240 GOP members, you subtract the 24 tea partiers who will never impeach, that leaves 216 members, of which 24 will have to flip to impeach, and that's assuming all the dems and independents stay firm and impeach.
    Then as you know, 2/3 of the senate has to convict, which means at least 21 GOP senators will have to flip sides....I think Trump is safe 

Oh, I never said it was probable, just more possible than it was three days ago. I wouldn't bet on it.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:04 pm

On a related note, what was your favorite memory of the Scaramucci era?
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:07 pm

alohafri wrote:On a related note, what was your favorite memory of the Scaramucci era?

It didn't even last as long as the Jenks era 
    frank bonifacic
    Not a Fanboy

Post by frank bonifacic Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:48 am

alohafri wrote:On a related note, what was your favorite memory of the Scaramucci era?
    saw a comment by poster;

"My five days in the White House": a memoir by Anthony Scaramucci.
    Nomads44
    Nomads44
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Nomads44 Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 pm

The Bohemian Rhapsody when he did the fandango.  He really fit his name.... \"little skirmisher". wrote:

Nomads44
    Nomads44
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Nomads44 Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:01 am

Nomads44 wrote:
    The Bohemian Rhapsody when he did the fandango.  He really fit his name.... \"little skirmisher". wrote:

Incredibly, right after posting this, a childhood friend shared this on FaceBook.  Amazes me when this stuff happens.

https://www.facebook.com/corridordigital/videos/1417483374980278/?hc_ref=ARTMU35dm0Vywqu9ZHDnOTyr4I65K5qyUJJeOZ23dPZeJh0Q5aQirshlov0siE9pS2k
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:06 pm

don't give me this bullshit about how a few of us are crazy for envisioning some real nasty things on the horizon.

*********************************************************************************

I'll play Kark for a moment and quote myself. Given what happened in Virginia today I hate to say I told you so....but...well...I told you so.

It's just getting started.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:45 pm

cream919 wrote:don't give me this bullshit about how a few of us are crazy for envisioning some real nasty things on the horizon.

*********************************************************************************

I'll play Kark for a moment and quote myself. Given what happened in Virginia today I hate to say I told you so....but...well...I told you so.

It's just getting started.

Funny, Cream.  I thought about you today, and these threads, while watching the TV and thinking to myself that some of these protesters are walking around armed on the streets in an open carry state.  All it would have taken was for one or two of them to open fire on the counter protesters and maybe have those counter protesters shoot back, and then what do the cops do?  Who do they shoot?  Do they shoot?  Do they run?  WTF happens if gunfire begins?  What if it spills over for a couple of days and into other cities?  To think that it's not possible is nuts.  And if it does, what then?  Aren't we in a situation where a president is potentially forced to declare marshal law if that happens?  

Again, I'm not predicting this stuff that I just mentioned.  I'm just suggesting we're a lot closer to it and it's a lot more possible than some want to admit.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:38 pm

As you know Rob I've posted on Facebook that history seems to be repeating itself without delay. Trump now has his brownshirts, dressed in khakis and white polo shirts, who are confronting, violently, the political opposition. I suspect more of Va in the near future, and then small mobs attacking either people of color or those that have supported them. The papers, press, education are all still underfire and are the 'bad guys". Pretty soon, these attacks will become more violent and gun play will ensue, either in small mobs or at larger rallies with not one killed, but dozens. Trump of course, and Fox news, and Sinclair broadcasting will blame the people of color and the radical liberals. The cops, who are clearly on trump and the alt-right's side in all this and have been given a wink and a nod approval by the president to be abusive and treat suspects roughly, will be all distraught and beg the feds for help in controlling these riots and violence, so if Trump follows script, he deputizes the alt-right to "keep the peace" and control these unruly people. The alt-right then will have police powers, to arrest and detain, and will start doing so, if not worse, to those they find unlikeable - people of color , political enemies, journalist, intellectuals, scientists, etc, anyone not following the party line. Interstingly, the trump administration already has "detention centers" for deportees awaiting the plane ride home, so expanding on this system will have a place for those "trouble makers" to be placed under "protective custody" . (kind of ironic that Dachau was first called a detention center) Will this happen? I haven't seen anything derailing this train yet, have you?  But what the hell do I know, I've been termed the "alarmist" and essentially a crackpot b/c afterall, we have a constitution and that will protect us - against the Trump court, the trump senate and the trump house, and we can always vote him and all of them OUT in 2020 ...oh wait, was I in one of my psychotic states and imagined the news that most republicans favor cancelling 2020 if Trump feels they should?   But of course, that could never happen here....oh well, time for my meds
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:47 pm

You're just fucking nuts...but we all knew that! drunken My advice to you is do what some others are doing and just shove your head up your ass and pretend that this will all just go away and we'll all live happily everafter.

Believe it or not, I think in the long run this will all play out in such a way that ultimately might make us a stronger, better country as a result. That's the optimist in me talking. That said, I also think it's going to get pretty goddam ugly before we get to that point and it's going to get a lot worse before it gets any better. History also shows us that once the nutbags have gotten their way they ultimately turn on each other and start eating their own. Why? Because they're fucking nuts. Complete and utter failure is inevitable. That's the silver lining.

But damn, the price we're likely to pay for it in the meantime.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:49 pm

sharpy wrote:But what the hell do I know, I've been termed the "alarmist" and essentially a crackpot b/c afterall, we have a constitution and that will protect us - against the Trump court, the trump senate and the trump house, and we can always vote him and all of them OUT in 2020 ...oh wait, was I in one of my psychotic states and imagined the news that most republicans favor cancelling 2020 if Trump feels they should?   But of course, that could never happen here....oh well, time for my meds

You are an alarmist, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  Sometimes alarmists turn out to be right, which makes they NOT alarmists, but instead folks who knew what the fuck they were talking about.  I figure it's better off that someone has their guard up over this shit, rather than nobody.  You just happen to be the one carrying the torch.  There are plenty of folks not too far behind you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:02 pm