Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+4
Fanboy For Life
sharpy
blondy28
SoxIlliniRob
8 posters

Spicey

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Spicey - Page 2 Empty Re: Spicey

Post by blondy28 Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:04 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    Fanboy For Life wrote:The fucking political hysteria is too much.  To be impeached, there has to be EVIDENCE, not a load of bullshit.

Sharpy, your idea of a MILITARY Coup to destroy our form of Government indicates you need a long vacation or have become unhinged.

You are beginning to sound crazier than COACH.

I'm not as alarmist as Tim is on this topic, but Sharpy brings up some decent points.  There are some obvious checks and balances in place to keep the president in line, but it appears that most of those checks and balances are run or controlled by the GOP.  That doesn't mean Trump would NEVER be impeached, nor does it mean he would NEVER be held in check by SCOTUS or the Senate, but if those checks and balances wanted to, they could effectively give Trump the full run of the place if they wanted to place party over nation.  I'm not yet of the belief that none of these bodies of the gov't would hold Trump to proper standards.  Most of us are probably still leaning more toward AlohaKev's comments in the past that there's a constitution in place and that Trump can't summarily violate it without catching a raft of legal shit.  But still, what if the GOP-controlled bodies don't do their job?  Who, aside from the voters, will keep their feet to the fire?   What if there ends up being clear evidence of collusion and/or obstruction of justice by the Trump campaign, and if neither the Senate or House acts on it?  Then what?  

It's not hard to imagine violence, rallies, revolts, etc.  I hesitate to use the word "rebellion", but what if the gun nuts start shooting at an anti-Trump rally?  What if the military has to get involved to shut it down?  

Not predicting a military coup, but it's not hard to imagine things getting really ugly in the next 12 months, and getting ugly enough to necessitate military involvement to quell some kind of revolt.  I hope I'm wrong and Tim's wrong.  I would fear for my family in those kinds of conditions.  

It's astounding how some of these people have to contort their logic to rationalize that the things they're hearing are OK.   After Don Jr.'s e-mails were released about the Russia meeting, I turned on Rush, and a caller said that he thinks Don Jr.'s actions are exactly the same as the NY Times Reporter(s) who was about to out him.  He said that when Don Jr. was contacted and accepted a meeting, he was acting as a reporter who was merely gathering information and that should he have gotten the information he was researching and it revealed that Hillary was involved in activity that was meant to harm our country, he would have reported it to the FBI and that he, in essence, took the meeting to protect us.  He finished the call by saying "his actions were patriotic!".   Sure, some people will suggest that we on the left had to contort ourselves to make Clinton's actions OK, but I hardly think "I think every powerful politician is cheating and don't much care unless they're diddling a child or someone who can blackmail our country" can be considered the level of contortion that the caller who thinks Don Jr. was just trying to scoop the NY Times to protect our country.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:44 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    Fanboy For Life wrote:The fucking political hysteria is too much.  To be impeached, there has to be EVIDENCE, not a load of bullshit.

Sharpy, your idea of a MILITARY Coup to destroy our form of Government indicates you need a long vacation or have become unhinged.

I'm not as alarmist as Tim is on this topic, but Sharpy brings up some decent points.  There are some obvious checks and balances in place to keep the president in line, but it appears that most of those checks and balances are run or controlled by the GOP.  That doesn't mean Trump would NEVER be impeached, nor does it mean he would NEVER be held in check by SCOTUS or the Senate, but if those checks and balances wanted to, they could effectively give Trump the full run of the place if they wanted to place party over nation.  I'm not yet of the belief that none of these bodies of the gov't would hold Trump to proper standards.  Most of us are probably still leaning more toward AlohaKev's comments in the past that there's a constitution in place and that Trump can't summarily violate it without catching a raft of legal shit.  But still, what if the GOP-controlled bodies don't do their job?  Who, aside from the voters, will keep their feet to the fire?   What if there ends up being clear evidence of collusion and/or obstruction of justice by the Trump campaign, and if neither the Senate or House acts on it?  Then what?  

It's not hard to imagine violence, rallies, revolts, etc.  I hesitate to use the word "rebellion", but what if the gun nuts start shooting at an anti-Trump rally?  What if the military has to get involved to shut it down?  

Not predicting a military coup, but it's not hard to imagine things getting really ugly in the next 12 months, and getting ugly enough to necessitate military involvement to quell some kind of revolt.  I hope I'm wrong and Tim's wrong.  I would fear for my family in those kinds of conditions.  

I turned on Rush

That was your first mistake.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:51 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:

You are wrong.

Good!  I'm glad to hear that.  Don't take any of my above comments to imply that I'm predicting some kind of anarchy or constitutional crisis.  I'm only saying the conditions for such trouble are in place and that it is all very possible if something triggers another thing and so on......
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:55 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    It's astounding how some of these people have to contort their logic to rationalize that the things they're hearing are OK.   After Don Jr.'s e-mails were released about the Russia meeting, I turned on Rush, and a caller said that he thinks Don Jr.'s actions are exactly the same as the NY Times Reporter(s) who was about to out him.  He said that when Don Jr. was contacted and accepted a meeting, he was acting as a reporter who was merely gathering information and that should he have gotten the information he was researching and it revealed that Hillary was involved in activity that was meant to harm our country, he would have reported it to the FBI and that he, in essence, took the meeting to protect us.  He finished the call by saying "his actions were patriotic!".   Sure, some people will suggest that we on the left had to contort ourselves to make Clinton's actions OK, but I hardly think "I think every powerful politician is cheating and don't much care unless they're diddling a child or someone who can blackmail our country" can be considered the level of contortion that the caller who thinks Don Jr. was just trying to scoop the NY Times to protect our country.

Absolutely.  The contortions they are doing are hilarious.  These same offenses, if committed by Hillary or any other Dem, would be responded to with a nonstop drumbeat of Lock Her Up.  She'd have been impeached by now and would probably be on very thin ice and trying to hold onto enough Dem support to avoid a Senate conviction.  It's the way our political divisions work nowadays.  Wheeeee.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:03 pm

I prefer to think of it as a military coup to PRESERVE our form of government. The GOP and Trump are the ones trying to destroy it  -
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:18 pm

I've been saying for years on this board that the shit is about to hit the fan. Rosebowl, you can mock the "alarmists" all you want but you've seen rioting in the streets before and how ugly things can get so don't give me this bullshit about how a few of us are crazy for envisioning some real nasty things on the horizon. This coming from the board sage who had Trump losing in a landslide and blew shit at anybody who thought otherwise. In other words you might wanna check out your crystal ball because I think the fucker's broke.

I'm telling ya'all...things are on the verge of getting really dicey.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:27 pm

Good!  I'm glad to hear that.  Don't take any of my above comments to imply that I'm predicting some kind of anarchy or constitutional crisis.  I'm only saying the conditions for such trouble are in place and that it is all very possible if something triggers another thing and so on......

Me too..glad to hear it as well....they are really doing a great job of pretending they are going along with trump and Bannon ..,, especially the leadership ...Ryan, McConnell - great actors 

To quote blondie - 
    It's astounding how some of these people have to contort their logic to rationalize that the things they're hearing are OK.

Now she said that about people who believe in the alt-right and rationalize their behavior - don't let it pertain to those opposed to Trump who contort their logic to rationalize that the things they are hearing are crazy and everything will be OK.  
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:38 am

sharpy wrote:Good!  I'm glad to hear that.  Don't take any of my above comments to imply that I'm predicting some kind of anarchy or constitutional crisis.  I'm only saying the conditions for such trouble are in place and that it is all very possible if something triggers another thing and so on......

Me too..glad to hear it as well....they are really doing a great job of pretending they are going along with trump and Bannon ..,, especially the leadership ...Ryan, McConnell - great actors 

To quote blondie - 
    It's astounding how some of these people have to contort their logic to rationalize that the things they're hearing are OK.

Now she said that about people who believe in the alt-right and rationalize their behavior - don't let it pertain to those opposed to Trump who contort their logic to rationalize that the things they are hearing are crazy and everything will be OK.  

Huh?
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:04 pm

cream919 wrote:I've been saying for years on this board that the shit is about to hit the fan. 

This board has only been around for four months ya Dweeb!  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:09 pm

sharpy wrote:Good!  I'm glad to hear that.  Don't take any of my above comments to imply that I'm predicting some kind of anarchy or constitutional crisis.  I'm only saying the conditions for such trouble are in place and that it is all very possible if something triggers another thing and so on......

To quote blondie - 

I'm currently reading The Worst President about the great James Buchanan. If we can survive this knucklehead, we can survive another two months of Trump. (at least I hope he resigns in a couple months)
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:08 pm

He ain't going nowhere and if his health holds he's primed for another run in 2020. This guy's enjoys playing with his new toy, the United States of America, far too much to walk away from the presidency.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:34 am

cream919 wrote:He ain't going nowhere and if his health holds he's primed for another run in 2020. This guy's enjoys playing with his new toy, the United States of America, far too much to walk away from the presidency.

I am truly amazed at the number of (seemingly) intelligent people who have bought into his malarky. I get it. He isn't "Washington." He is going to "drain the swamp." Yet he is replacing the swamp water with lobbyists who are singleminded in their desire to make money for themselves!

We have done pretty well for 250 years with "career politicians." Political talk radio and the like will be the ruin of this country.
    Fanboy For Life
    Fanboy For Life
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Fanboy For Life Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:21 am

Maybe Marty has some room in his bunker???
    Fanboy For Life
    Fanboy For Life
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Fanboy For Life Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:39 am

Keep the media fueled hysteria coming.

Last I checked, the Country was far more torn apart in the Viet Nam era.

Trump golfs and Tweets.

Bring Kark over here.  There should be stupidity and paranoia represented on both sides.
    Fanboy For Life
    Fanboy For Life
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Fanboy For Life Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:40 am

Keep the media fueled hysteria coming.

Trump golfs and Tweets.

Bring Kark over here.  There should be stupidity and paranoia represented on both sides.
    Fanboy For Life
    Fanboy For Life
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Fanboy For Life Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:46 am

Hopefully Rachel Maddow is calling for calm!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:14 am

Fanboy For Life wrote:

Then there was that little thing called the Civil War.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:17 am

Fanboy For Life wrote:Keep the media fueled hysteria coming.

RATINGS! Keep the "controversies" coming!
    Fanboy For Life
    Fanboy For Life
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Fanboy For Life Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:51 am

Millenials taking it to the streets of St. Charles and Geneva!!!
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:53 am

Fanboy For Life wrote:Millenials taking it to the streets of St. Charles and Geneva!!!

LOL.  Believe it or not, I have seen this lately.  
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:43 pm

*********************************************************************************

Hey dickhead...last I checked it was like a 12 YEAR fucking war. My brother was sent over there and got fucked up way back in 1964...was stationed at DaNang. Back then the country had a hard-on for the war because we were all worried about the spread of communism and the communistic plot to take over the world. America approved of sending our troops over to that shit hole. Once things dragged on and on and the body bag count kept getting bigger and bigger only THEN did we start taking a second look at things. It wasn't until around 67 maybe 68 before the shit started hitting the fan here at home.Even then it coincided with the the increasingly violent struggle taking place in the civil rights movement.

I'd say that in barely 6 months the madman in the White House has done a pretty fucking good job of getting people riled up. Personally I think we're just at the tip of the ice burg. If you prefer to bury your head in the sand knock yourself out.
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:52 pm

Bring Kark over here.

********************************************************************************

Let's don't.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:30 pm

Back then the country had a hard-on for the war because we were all worried about the spread of communism and the communistic plot to take over the world. America approved of sending our troops over to that shit hole. Once things dragged on and on and the body bag count kept getting bigger and bigger only THEN did we start taking a second look at things. It wasn't until around 67 maybe 68 before the shit started hitting the fan here at home.Even then it coincided with the the increasingly violent struggle taking place in the civil rights movement.

I also seem to recall that the division during that time was more generational - kids vs adults. Unlike the current divide which sets people of the same generation against one another - in fact, seems like the adults are more anti-trump than the young b/c we know what they are threatening to lose. 

Anyone notice that the military's response to the transgender ban was essentially 'fuck you Mr President, make us'
    Fanboy For Life
    Fanboy For Life
    Not a Fanboy

Post by Fanboy For Life Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:39 pm

The sky is falling the sky is falling!!

Enjoy your political blather, Crackpots!!

Just the flipside of Kark and Coach!!
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:10 pm

Hey Bobby I'd tell you to go fuck yourself but that would be kinda hard to do with your head buried so far up your ass. tongue

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:46 pm