Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

+2
sharpy
alohafri
6 posters

Career Year

alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Career Year Empty Career Year

Post by alohafri Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:02 am

I know McCann has nothing in his history like this year, but he's worth a contract extension with what he's done this year.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Career Year Empty Re: Career Year

Post by sharpy Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:57 am

Either a career year fluke, or he's figured it out … I guess that's what the professional evaluators that are in the sox organization are supposed to figure out and either sign him or not. 
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:37 pm

This is the White Sox. They'll extend him and he'll promptly tank. I also can't express enough what an absolute joy its been, what with all the talent supposedly "down on the farm", to watch a parade of mediocre stiffs named Jay, Goins et al. And please, can worthless Yolmer Sanchez take his useless ass and Mickey Mouse ears elsewhere?
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:18 pm

cream919 wrote:This is the White Sox. They'll extend him and he'll promptly tank. I also can't express enough what an absolute joy its been, what with all the talent supposedly "down on the farm", to watch a parade of mediocre stiffs named Jay, Goins et al. And please, can worthless Yolmer Sanchez take his useless ass and Mickey Mouse ears elsewhere?

There have been some positives - Anderson's average is better, tho his OBP still sucks. Moncado also made big strides this year,  but again, not a great OBP and who knows if this wasn't HIS career year. if Madrigal works out, maybe the infield is Abreu, Madrigal, Anderson and Moncado - with Vaughn somewhere in the picture..and an outfield of Jimenez, Roberts and a All-Star free agent in RF (haha). If McCann can continue to be what he has been - that's the catching ….and you sign pitchers ..
    cream919
    cream919
    Fanboy Apprentice

Post by cream919 Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:16 pm

I see Jimenez becoming a high profile DH. He's brutal in the outfield and is going to kill himself out there if he isn't careful. I agree about Moncado. He could be something special.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:02 am

sharpy wrote:
    cream919 wrote:This is the White Sox. They'll extend him and he'll promptly tank. I also can't express enough what an absolute joy its been, what with all the talent supposedly "down on the farm", to watch a parade of mediocre stiffs named Jay, Goins et al. And please, can worthless Yolmer Sanchez take his useless ass and Mickey Mouse ears elsewhere?

There have been some positives - Anderson's average is better, tho his OBP still sucks. Moncado also made big strides this year,  but again, not a great OBP and who knows if this wasn't HIS career year. if Madrigal works out, maybe the infield is Abreu, Madrigal, Anderson and Moncado - with Vaughn somewhere in the picture..and an outfield of Jimenez, Roberts and a All-Star free agent in RF (haha). If McCann can continue to be what he has been - that's the catching ….and you sign pitchers ..

I wish Anderson would work on his defense.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:47 am

I wish Anderson would work on his defense.

Agree. He makes some unbelievable plays and then muffs all the easy ones. Focus? Lazy? Who knows. The guy has an incredible arm. He makes very difficult throws seem easy.  He tries to make his arm save him from his poor fundamental defense. One thing for sure- he is the worst SS I've ever seen turning a DP
    telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Post by telefrank Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:23 am

Anyone besides me notice the Sox's post all-star funk went any when Anderson returned? He's important to this team. 
    joepoe
    joepoe
    Not a Fanboy

Post by joepoe Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:33 am

At least the team is watchable this year. I don't feel the need to vomit as often.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:20 am

joepoe wrote:At least the team is watchable this year. I don't feel the need to vomit as often.

They don't look like they are phoning it in as often as they did last year.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:15 am

alohafri wrote:
    joepoe wrote:At least the team is watchable this year. I don't feel the need to vomit as often.

I enjoy watching them figure out how to score runs and win games, and they have quite a nice bullpen.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:40 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I enjoy watching them figure out how to score runs and win games, and they have quite a nice bullpen.

Bullpens are a funny thing. You can have one that is outstanding, and the next year it falls to shit with the same guys.
    telefrank
    telefrank
    Not a Fanboy

Post by telefrank Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:03 pm

Look we're writing about baseball !!!!!!
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:16 pm

alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Bullpens are a funny thing. You can have one that is outstanding, and the next year it falls to shit with the same guys.

I've always said this same thing.  This is especially true when you have a lot of rookies in the pen catching lightning in a bottle.  The Sox appear to me to have a few guys that are legitimately good in their pen.
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Bova!

Post by alohafri Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:10 am

SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I've always said this same thing.  This is especially true when you have a lot of rookies in the pen catching lightning in a bottle.  The Sox appear to me to have a few guys that are legitimately good in their pen.

2005 was one of those bottle years. Cliff Pollite? Really? I'm hoping that Bummer has found it and can maintain for a few years.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:12 am

Polite and I forget that random lefty reliever who was also unhittable...Neil effing Cotts!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:01 pm