Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

3 posters

Golden Globes

blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Golden Globes Empty Golden Globes

Post by blondy28 Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:15 pm

Gaga won for best original song.  Thinks she's the favorite for best actress.  Saw that Queen is there, sitting with Rami Malek.  I never see movies, so super excited about this year's awards.  Patricia Arquette also won for Escape at Dannemora, which I posted about a week or two ago.  If you haven't seen that, I highly recommend it.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Golden Globes Empty Re: Golden Globes

Post by SoxIlliniRob Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:52 pm

I remember that escape story from when it happened.  We might have to check that out.  We have too many shows we're trying to balance at once.  Just binge watched Miss Maisel over the past couple weeks and loved that.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:09 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:I remember that escape story from when it happened.  We might have to check that out.  We have too many shows we're trying to balance at once.  Just binge watched Miss Maisel over the past couple weeks and loved that.

The limited series shows so much more than we saw on the news or in the paper.  When it happened, we knew that the convicts were working with (manipulating) a prison employ to help them, but the news didn't share very much about that dysfunctional union.  It was excellent.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:28 am

Bohemian Rhapsody gets best picture.  Kinda surprising given the bad reviews.
    sharpy
    sharpy
    Fanboy

Post by sharpy Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:16 pm

blondy28 wrote:Bohemian Rhapsody gets best picture.  Kinda surprising given the bad reviews.

I always pictured the Golden Globes as more a popularity contest - the foreign press votes for things they like,  not necessarily all filmophiles or TV addicts, just people voting for things they enjoy - as Rob pointed out, Bohemian Rhapsody was a very enjoyable movie ….Rami Malek won as well
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Post by blondy28 Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:23 pm

sharpy wrote:
    blondy28 wrote:Bohemian Rhapsody gets best picture.  Kinda surprising given the bad reviews.

I always pictured the Golden Globes as more a popularity contest - the foreign press votes for things they like,  not necessarily all filmophiles or TV addicts, just people voting for things they enjoy - as Rob pointed out, Bohemian Rhapsody was a very enjoyable movie ….Rami Malek won as well

I read an article today that talked about the fact that the hollywood foreign press has a history of voting for films/actors from outside the U.S., and certainly a story about a band out of the UK fits that mold.  I really liked the movie as well.  Rami Malek was the heavy favorite, so no surprise there, but the Glenn Close victory was a big upset.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:10 pm

sharpy wrote:

Definitely surprised to see the Queen flick win best picture.  I loved it, but because it was fun.  Never thought it was a great movie.  It was just a fun, popcorn flick.  My wife was pissed to see Roma win so many awards after I convinced her to watch it with me.  She thought it was dumb and boring.  I loved it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content