Fanboy Central

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fanboy Central

For the Fanboys of the White Sox

2 posters

Early voting lines

SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Early voting lines Empty Early voting lines

Post by SoxIlliniRob Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:31 pm

Just saw Madcow showing video of black folks standing in line for 3 hrs today to early vote.  3 to 5 times the usual amount of early voting yesterday and today in Georgia.  I sure as hell hope this is the electorate going out and trying to spite the GOP's neverending efforts to make sure it's hard for non-whites to vote.  I swear that beyond handing billions in tax cuts to billionaires, it seems to me that the party's primary goal is to find creative and tricky ways to change voting laws and policy to exclude brown people.  Very smart maneuver by the GOP in North Dakota to change to law to require all voters to have a license that says an actual street address.  Tribal natives have voted for a hundred years with ID's that show them as having a PO Box.  That's how they do it on reservations in N.D.  Tribal natives are set up that way on their reservations.  About 10,000 of them have IDs with PO Boxes.  All of a sudden, "let's require a street address"  This is what I mean.  It's legal cheating.  Pass a law and ban the injuns from voting.  Require a driver's license and then close all of the DMV's in black neighborhoods for "budgetary reasons."  

Sorry, I'm just venting my emotions.  It really rubs me the wrong way to see such efforts made to take rights away from Americans.
    blondy28
    blondy28
    Bova!

Early voting lines Empty Re: Early voting lines

Post by blondy28 Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:00 pm

SoxIlliniRob wrote:Just saw Madcow showing video of black folks standing in line for 3 hrs today to early vote.  3 to 5 times the usual amount of early voting yesterday and today in Georgia.  I sure as hell hope this is the electorate going out and trying to spite the GOP's neverending efforts to make sure it's hard for non-whites to vote.  I swear that beyond handing billions in tax cuts to billionaires, it seems to me that the party's primary goal is to find creative and tricky ways to change voting laws and policy to exclude brown people.  Very smart maneuver by the GOP in North Dakota to change to law to require all voters to have a license that says an actual street address.  Tribal natives have voted for a hundred years with ID's that show them as having a PO Box.  That's how they do it on reservations in N.D.  Tribal natives are set up that way on their reservations.  About 10,000 of them have IDs with PO Boxes.  All of a sudden, "let's require a street address"  This is what I mean.  It's legal cheating.  Pass a law and ban the injuns from voting.  Require a driver's license and then close all of the DMV's in black neighborhoods for "budgetary reasons."  

Sorry, I'm just venting my emotions.  It really rubs me the wrong way to see such efforts made to take rights away from Americans.

Don't you mean "Americans"?  I mean, after all, it's black folks.
    SoxIlliniRob
    SoxIlliniRob
    Bova!

Post by SoxIlliniRob Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:28 pm

blondy28 wrote:
    SoxIlliniRob wrote:Just saw Madcow showing video of black folks standing in line for 3 hrs today to early vote.  3 to 5 times the usual amount of early voting yesterday and today in Georgia.  I sure as hell hope this is the electorate going out and trying to spite the GOP's neverending efforts to make sure it's hard for non-whites to vote.  I swear that beyond handing billions in tax cuts to billionaires, it seems to me that the party's primary goal is to find creative and tricky ways to change voting laws and policy to exclude brown people.  Very smart maneuver by the GOP in North Dakota to change to law to require all voters to have a license that says an actual street address.  Tribal natives have voted for a hundred years with ID's that show them as having a PO Box.  That's how they do it on reservations in N.D.  Tribal natives are set up that way on their reservations.  About 10,000 of them have IDs with PO Boxes.  All of a sudden, "let's require a street address"  This is what I mean.  It's legal cheating.  Pass a law and ban the injuns from voting.  Require a driver's license and then close all of the DMV's in black neighborhoods for "budgetary reasons."  

Don't you mean "Americans"?  I mean, after all, it's black folks.

True.  It is.  They spend half of their creative time figuring out how to disenfranchise non-whites loosely within the realm of the law.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content